OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

Very excited reading that Jones interview. 2 CB's needed which is what we've all said along as fans (one is Gardner and should sign). And then we can focus on premier league Nd championship standard midfielders and forwards who are all good athletes and can get around the pitch

Watching that video of him online smacking a bird does worry me. I wouldnt want joey barton or marlon king at the club cos theyre scumbags and the club can do better. Can you really turn a blind eye to anything? And where is the line?

Tbh mate after working as a bouncer for 20 years in my youthi can say that the majorety of fights in night clubs are caused through women ,Now i am not condoning hitting women by any means ,but i can certainly see that it can happen,And i am not tarring all women with the same brush ,but get booz inside some of em and they turn pure evil

The speed of free transfers will be due not only to the fact that they have clubs. Many have families to consider and consult and have to move. Also players are on well earned holidays so will have to wait til they are back! Good signing IMO though!

Tbh mate after working as a bouncer for 20 years in my youthi can say that the majorety of fights in night clubs are caused through women ,Now i am not condoning hitting women by any means ,but i can certainly see that it can happen,And i am not tarring all women with the same brush ,but get booz inside some of em and they turn pure evil

They do appear to be trying to attack him, but still, it doesnt make great viewing!

Perhaps add Roberts to the squad as a back up winger aswell, free transfer, be rude not too. I no we were linked at some point.

Rotherham wanted Roberts, but couldn't agree terms, and to be honest, I'm not sure that I want somebody of that calibre at Hillsborough. At Robert's age,a nd with his experience, is he was good enough for us, he wouldn't be talking to Rotherham.

I was wondering how long it would take their fans to turn rude and completely deluded as usual.

That season they were with us they signed up in droves to this forum acting like idiots.

One guy is saying we're plastic fans and the blades are better supporters? lol How on earth is that possible when the Blunt away support was nothing short of pathetic, as was their home attendances considering they were at the top end of the table all season.

Most of them do seem to believe we're less of an attraction and are unquestionably smaller......not that it matters but those comments are hilarious, but of course this is deluded Owls Talk apparently....

Love the way we're referred to as 'Historically big' to imply weren't not anymore. We'll be one of the best supported clubs next season with attendances to match. It's a fact not "delusions of grandeur"

One of the teams I'm looking forward to trouncing.

The sign of a small club.

Looking for rivalries with other fans. We couldnt give a throw about them if they didnt come on here.

Agreed Blue , as i say mate i don't condone it but it does happen, one chap i dealt with was attacked by 8 women seriously,The reason why is because he refused to dance with one ,that was the catalyst for all hell breaking loose,By the time we interveened which was some 30 seconds he was on the floor having lumps kicked out of him as a result he lost an eye through a well aimed stilleto heel ,

The speed of free transfers will be due not only to the fact that they have clubs. Many have families to consider and consult and have to move. Also players are on well earned holidays so will have to wait til they are back! Good signing IMO though!

To be fair its not a well earned holiday they don't exactly do a lot compared to the rest of the working population.

Agreed Blue , as i say mate i don't condone it but it does happen, one chap i dealt with was attacked by 8 women seriously,The reason why is because he refused to dance with one ,that was the catalyst for all hell breaking loose,By the time we interveened which was some 30 seconds he was on the floor having lumps kicked out of him as a result he lost an eye through a well aimed stilleto heel ,

I was on a night out in Sunderland and I saw a bloke being chinned a few times by two angry lasses, in this instance he didnt hit either of them back, I suppose there is only so much you can take though I suppose.

As for the Mattock signing, I hope he does well here, he has plenty to prove and needs to get his career going again. He was on holiday in the same hotel as me in Mexico a few years ago with his mates and he seemed quite a quiet lad, I wouldnt have recognised him but for the tasteful MATTOCK tattoo on his back lol.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest Sniper1

To be fair its not a well earned holiday they don't exactly do a lot compared to the rest of the working population.

That old chestnut.

Not jealous much.

Like any other professional athelete their body does the work and the body needs rest after 6/7 months of abuse.

F'kin right its a well earned rest.

What do you do for a living?

Edited by Sniper1

Jeez first day I dont log onto Owlstalk for weeks we actually sign someone lol

Great signing. Highly rated, certainly for Champ level. Proper footballing LB too, typical DJ type of signing.

Young also so time to develop further. Be interesting to see DJ plans for Reda now.

Wonder what will happen about Gardner now, are we still interested? Clearly a very good player but is his injury risk worth the gamble? We must have other targets to aim for.

Don't know whether you are being sarcastic or not.

But my original thoughts were similar to yours, but you've got to trust DJ, he knows EXACTLY what he is doing, it would take a brave man to challenge him IMO. Also Brighton fans raved about him last season, a team who finished top half Championship, so we may have signed a real good player.

I agree on the whole, yet instantly get told to scoot off back to another board and accused of being a pig fan, just because my opinion differs from the majority? DJ has done it year in and out at Championship level yes, but what worries me is that JM hasn't he hasn't surpassed 30 games in a Champ season yet. Factor in to that that he is injury prone and a bit of a big time charlie and surely there are better options that are less of a risk.

Guest foreverSWFC

I agree on the whole, yet instantly get told to scoot off back to another board and accused of being a pig fan, just because my opinion differs from the majority? DJ has done it year in and out at Championship level yes, but what worries me is that JM hasn't he hasn't surpassed 30 games in a Champ season yet. Factor in to that that he is injury prone and a bit of a big time charlie and surely there are better options that are less of a risk.

He has, played 35 games for West Brom in their promotion season.

- Chaining people to radiators

- breaking jaws down town

- posing with guns

- Bywaters garden "art"

All far more serious than jumping taxi queueueue's imo

It was more the spitting in a mans face i was mentioning. He can score 40 from left back next year and i'll still think,nay i'l know he is a c.uu.n.t

He has, played 35 games for West Brom in their promotion season.

29 starts, plus 5 sub appearances in all competitions to be exact.

The porkers will probably pick you up on that lol

I also read on Bladesmad that he won't do well for us. He only did well for Brighton because they keep the ball and he won't have got tested defensively. We play kick and rush though........

lol

Edited by BRADDAZ