OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

http://www.swfc.co.u...2806269,00.html

Sheffield Wednesday have completed the capture of defender Joe Mattock.

The 22-year-old will join the Owls on a three-year deal.

Mattock came through the ranks at Leicester City before making his senior debut for the Foxes in April 2007.

The defender was shortlisted for the Young Apprentice of the Year award in 2008 for his achievements at the Walkers Stadium but was narrowly pipped to the prize by current Owls stopper Mark Beevers.

The attack-minded full back made 73 appearances for Leicester before, then Championship side, West Bromwich Albion paid £1m for his signature in August 2009.

After aiding the Baggies in their return to the Premiership, making 34 appearances in their 2009-10 promotion-winning campaign, the defender has since enjoyed successful loan stints with Sheffield United, Portsmouth and most recently Brighton.

On the international stage, Mattock has represented England at various levels including Under-17s, Under-19s and Under-21s.

wow late one

Good signing that sounds like he had a good season with Brighton last season. I would expect him to start the season at LB with Reda as a back up LB. Don't want to see Reda moved into the centre. I think Reda can become a very good championship LB, he has all the attributes!

Guest wilyfox

Radio Sheffield reporters did not have a clue, DJ doesn't trust them.

i wrote DJ to complain of the Gardner leak last week; they've now been sacked...

Guest wilyfox

This will see Bennett or DJ (hopefully both) exit the club.

flip me, we need another manager already...? :st2:

I've been on here all feckin day waiting for someone to sign, I turn off for an hour or so to watch a very entertaining Russia v Czech game, thinking it's too late to sign anyone and then we go and sign someone. Inconsiderate barstewards :tango: :tango:

Guest wilyfox

I've been on here all feckin day waiting for someone to sign, I turn off for an hour or so to watch a very entertaining Russia v Czech game, thinking it's too late to sign anyone and then we go and sign someone. Inconsiderate barstewards :tango: :tango:

slacker!!

Guest Darkus Owlus

Excellent news.

Probably more insults being thrown around on that GCSE student designed Brighton website now. lol

we averaged slightly more, but their gates were better? well you cant argue with the facts! Let them have their few seasons in the sun, I'm sure Southend were in a similar boat not too long ago

TBF, Its Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics. On the mean average (total attendance / games) is indeed skewed by us having three very large gates.

Of course, you could say that we can accomodate three large attendances shows that give us a bit of success and we will come out in force.

I'm happy with this signing.

I'm loving the fact that no fvcker... Percy, Radio Sheff, Twitter ITK'ers etc. haven't got a scooby what's happening at Hillsborough.

We're picking up good players on free's and doing it early. It excites me.

Onwards and upwards.