OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

I was on a night out in Sunderland and I saw a bloke being chinned a few times by two angry lasses, in this instance he didnt hit either of them back, I suppose there is only so much you can take though I suppose.

As for the Mattock signing, I hope he does well here, he has plenty to prove and needs to get his career going again. He was on holiday in the same hotel as me in Mexico a few years ago with his mates and he seemed quite a quiet lad, I wouldnt have recognised him but for the tasteful MATTOCK tattoo on his back lol.

Hoping the same Blue mate ,must have somthing about him to get to where he was in his career

He didn't have a great time at West Brom but he still managed nearly 40 games for them. He's 22 and has played well over 100 games at this level and above. That bodes pretty well.

You've also got to see it as a bit of a coup that we've managed to bring in someone so young on a free transfer. Especially someone who went for a million a few years back.

The Brighton fans feedback is also very encouraging. You've got to judge him by his recent performances at this level and they seem very strong. Furthermore with a full season behind him he's going to be a good player. You'd hope we've signed two strong full backs to offer genuine competition for places. They are both quite attacking too which sums up how we will play next season. Exciting times.

I think we now need the following:

2 cb's (Gardner + another) Jones will potentially be sold.

3/4 Wingers (JJ could be one and then we need 2 left wingers and another right winger). Mike Jones will be sold.

1 Creative midfielder (Prutton will be moved on which leaves us with Semedo, Lines and Coke. I think Coke will be given a chance)

2 Strikers (O Grady will be sold and we'll bring in another 2 strikers.)

I still think we may need another central midfielder but I think we'll go with what I said. I'd be surprised if we didnt sign that amount of players. I also think Bennett will go. Dan Jones is a better prospect in my opinion.

I think we'll tie up a few more free transfers, then mid July we'll seal some paid transfers and close to the start of the season we'll be looking at Season long loans for some quality youngsters.

Things are coming together nicely.

Wouldn't say he was that bad at ours inexperienced, yes, Then Shorey became available. He's a Good championship player you've done well there

I think we all trust in Dave Jones opinions on players,but i must say i feel slightly concerned about Joe Mattock.Reading about him on other teams fans forums.and talking to a pig fan about him last night,they seem to think he's slow and not too good at defending either,in fact the pig fan said they tried to cut his loan deal short and send him back.

Hopefully,he's mega quick.

I think we all trust in Dave Jones opinions on players,but i must say i feel slightly concerned about Joe Mattock.Reading about him on other teams fans forums.and talking to a pig fan about him last night,they seem to think he's slow and not too good at defending either,in fact the pig fan said they tried to cut his loan deal short and send him back.

Hopefully,he's mega quick.

higlighted points

Poor signing that, poor quality. Not impressed. Waste of a wage that could be used elsewhere. Injury prone and a bad attitude.

nob your not a blunt are you!, are you bored of reading about your league 1 and league 2 potential signings haha pleb!

UTO FTB

Some talk of 20k a week on the Brighton forum, not sure the source. Can't imagine we're paying anything close to that so must be some old paper talk

was just gonna say the same.

there is no way on earth we will be paying that.

They are prem wages.

When he played for us I believe he was on 12k

That sounds more like it,and now that he`s dropped down a division i am reckoning he`s taken a cut and will be on between 6-8k with us,all this 20k per week crap is just garbage.

That sounds more like it,and now that he`s dropped down a division i am reckoning he`s taken a cut and will be on between 6-8k with us,all this 20k per week crap is just garbage.

we were paying his wages at Pompey and it was less than it was when he was our fullltime player. The only players to get 20k are the strikers. This is known because we broke the structure for Odemwingie whose rumoured to be on £42K

Guest Distraught!

Err, Monaco isn't it?

Could be but it will get a little suspicious if all the rich doggies live in the same location! :biggrin: