Does Megson deserve more credit?

Guest SWFC1982

Guest Big Guns

I think megsons had more than enough credit

He had his part to play but it wasn't enough to get us,promotion ,that's,why he was sacked and replacd with Dave Jones ,who got the best out of the players....

Antonio was available and selected for every single game of Megsons reign gary megson

Not sure why i was getting negged for this statement then realised it is rather ambiguous :wacko:

What i meant to say was, Antonio played every single game for Wednesday while GM was Wednesday manager! flip!! Still doesn't sound better.

He played one game (his debut) in Megson's last match, so he played in every game that he was a Wednesday player and whil GM was Wednesday's manager.

There, i've said it.....................and i can't even remember who the flip i originally quoted but he was wrong. :ph34r:

I'm off to have a lie down..

every man jack of us on here is behind jones but if you think megson did a poor job in the year he was here, then mate you know flip all about football .......if jones matches megson's "poor job" then we'll be well in the mix for promotion next season

You completely miss the point with Jones matching Megsons job next season as we were in a worse league with the 2nd highest wage budget. Were in a very competitive league and we'll be no where near the highest wage budget. If we did get in the play offs this year it would be a MASSIVE overachievement as I'm sure you can't disagree.

I think milan and gary and dave all deserve credit, it was an epic season with many parts of it being so bizarre youd think you was reading a far fetched football comic!! Would we have got an auto spot with gm?? Not in your wildest dreams... Would dj turned around AI teams last season and gone on the same run :) not in an even wilder dream lol

He has had his share of the credit a million times over. Why do any of you think he hasn`t? Is it because he`s a whining twohat who`s got a MASSIVE sulk on?

Shall we all take the credit away from Dave Jones? Going up automatic were flip all to do with him wasn`t it?

Threads like this totally disrespect DJ & MM.

IF WE HADN`T GONE UP THEN FAIR ENOUGH, but give it a rest for fooks sake. What`s the point in raking it up over and over again? :mad:

Guest Big Guns

He has had his share of the credit a million times over. Why do any of you think he hasn`t? Is it because he`s a whining twohat who`s got a MASSIVE sulk on?

Shall we all take the credit away from Dave Jones? Going up automatic were flip all to do with him wasn`t it?

IF WE HADN`T GONE UP THEN FAIR ENOUGH, but give it a rest for fooks sake. What`s the point in raking it up over and over again? :mad:

Well said dizzys dad....

Hear hear.

Megson gets credit off of me because I was there.

Colchester at home standing ovation at half time. That was the moment that a sense of pride came flooding back. At first I thought it was a dodgy pie but no it was watching a team willing to run through a brick wall for their manager.

Then again last season for the first time in years I was looking forward to going to Hillsborough at the start of the week.

For that I will be grateful.

However if we had lost the pig match at home, a lot would have shouted for his head. It would have been 5 straight losses and playing desperate football.

Spot on. Dave Jones has acknowledged the work that Megson did whenever he has been asked the question in interviews. Had MM not taken a decision that I thought was questionable at the time then we would have not got close to automatic promotion.

Prior to the derby we had lost to 2 teams that went on to be relegated, playing dire football in the process, in the game before Jones formally took charge Evans picked a Megson style line up and shape. We played dire football and were lucky to get a point against another relegated team.

Megson brought back the pride and passion for playing for swfc and that had a MASSIVE positive effect on the club which was vital at the time he came in.

Jones got us playing football and winning matches with an assured confidence, we would not have topped 90 points had he not taken over.

It's a shame but perhaps understandable that Megson seems a little bitter about what happened, afterall many fans at the time were perplexed by the timing of events. What Jones managed to achieve however fully vindicated MM's decision as it was not credible to think that we could have won 10 and drew 2 of our last 12 games with such a positive goal difference the way we were playing under Megson.

Megson gets credit off of me because I was there.

Colchester at home standing ovation at half time. That was the moment that a sense of pride came flooding back. At first I thought it was a dodgy pie but no it was watching a team willing to run through a brick wall for their manager.

Then again last season for the first time in years I was looking forward to going to Hillsborough at the start of the week.

For that I will be grateful.

However if we had lost the pig match at home, a lot would have shouted for his head. It would have been 5 straight losses and playing desperate football.

Are you certain it wasn't the pie?

Guest We Shall Overcome
gary megson , was always going to be a means to an end, and should share in the credit, I dont think we would have finished second with him. Players had lost a bit of confidence in him thats what Milan saw and we never. I did like him but he should have took DJ's call, as he know's football is dog eat dog.

Guest sal1

Deserves credit for sure. More credit? Some don't give enough perhaps whilst also some perhaps give too much. More important for me now is that I feel more confident going forward with DJ in charge.

Can't we just be happy that after years of rubbish managers, we seem to have had TWO in ONE season who seemed to know what they were doing. lolgary megson

Just a shame to me that Meggy wasn't at the Wycombe game. Presume he didn't want to undermine the new boss.

I think Megson will take another club on and be a success.

But I do prefer Dave Jones attacking, footballing style tactics. Could add another 2 or 3,000 to our gates next season.

Its like a big apple pie, Megson made the base and filled it up with a good filling, but it was going a little flat until Jones put a few extra ingreadients in it and the pastry on the top for all of us to eat it up, and it was lovely.

I think megsons had more than enough credit

He had his part to play but it wasn't enough to get us,promotion ,that's,why he was sacked and replacd with Dave Jones ,who got the best out of the players....

Its up to him to prove himselve elsewhere now IMHO.