Does Megson deserve more credit?

Guest SWFC1982

Not only is that role debatable in the English game but gary megson must be the single worst candidate for that job whether you like him or not.

The point I was trying to make, (and I do agree about DOF being very debatable) is that I can see him being involved somehow in years to come, mainly because of him being a passionate Wednesdayite

Guest Distraught!

Should Eustace take some of the credit for our Wembley visits in the early 90's, European qualification and the signing of Nilsson, Waddle, Sheridan, Walker etc.?

Think about it.

If he hadn't been so inept even by Wednesday standards and we had appointed a standard mediocre manager after Wilkinson, there may not have been any Big Ron or Tricky Trev days to look back on.

:wacko:gary megson

Should Eustace take some of the credit for our Wembley visits in the early 90's, European qualification and the signing of Nilsson, Waddle, Sheridan, Walker etc.?

Think about it.

If he hadn't been so inept even by Wednesday standards and we had appointed a standard mediocre manager after Wilkinson, there may not have been any Big Ron or Tricky Trev days to look back on.

:wacko:gary megson

Don't forget to thank Chris Turner for Whelan, Brunt and MacLean.

He has had his share of the credit a million times over. Why do any of you think he hasn`t? Is it because he`s a whining twohat who`s got a MASSIVE sulk on?

Shall we all take the credit away from Dave Jones? Going up automatic were flip all to do with him wasn`t it?

Threads like this totally disrespect DJ & MM.

IF WE HADN`T GONE UP THEN FAIR ENOUGH, but give it a rest for fooks sake. What`s the point in raking it up over and over again? :mad:

Couldn't agree more.

How much credit do some people actually want Megson to get, should we build a statue? Name a stand after him?

He did a reasonable job, and deserves the credit he's had, but no more than that, I agree with 1993swfc, 6th place was looking like the best we could hope for at one stage, Jones came in and did what Megson unfortunately wasn't able to do.

We had lost 9 games under Megson, and at the end of the season, that number was still the same, yes we won the derby which was a fantastic day, and one that Megson can be proud of, but if he had been removed after the Chesterfield humiliation the week before, I dont think anybody would have been half as bothered.

This really has been done to death, Megson did a decent job, Jones worked a miracle and deserves all the credit he gets for it,

I've nothing against Megson, thanks for the efforts Gary and good luck in your next job, but seriously, how long, and how much success will we need, before we let this obsession with a former manager go?

Couldn't agree more.

How much credit do some people actually want Megson to get, should we build a statue? Name a stand after him?

He did a reasonable job, and deserves the credit he's had, but no more than that, I agree with 1993swfc, 6th place was looking like the best we could hope for at one stage, Jones came in and did what Megson unfortunately wasn't able to do.

We had lost 9 games under Megson, and at the end of the season, that number was still the same, yes we won the derby which was a fantastic day, and one that Megson can be proud of, but if he had been removed after the Chesterfield humiliation the week before, I dont think anybody would have been half as bothered.

This really has been done to death, Megson did a decent job, Jones worked a miracle and deserves all the credit he gets for it,

I've nothing against Megson, thanks for the efforts Gary and good luck in your next job, but seriously, how long, and how much success will we need, before we let this obsession with a former manager go?

I agree with this.

If we are to move forward as a club we need to learn by the mistakes of the past. Megson was sacked which draws a conclusion of failure on either Megsons part, the clubs or both. I am baffled at the notion that Megson started it and Jones finished it as if it was some grand plan - remember Mandaric himself has to take an little criticism for having to sack somebody mid-season in the first place.

Couldn't agree more.

Spot on.