Gary Roberts

Makes me laugh when people on here think they know what they are talking about when they have probably seen him play twice..

I saw him for the 10 minutes he came on in the playoff final aswell.

That's more that two games. ;-)

Guest TTOwl

In truth Gary Roberts isn't a bad player

And will only get better playing at a big club infront of big crowds...

Listen to gunsy

He is correct

There's a lot worse players we could get on a free. We are massively lacking wingers at this club as it stands. I hope we can secure Antonio and Treacy but having Roberts as a backup would be a good start.

Absolutely same situation. Both were offered contracts, both turned them down.

Semedo played week in week out for Charlton, Roberts during Huddersfield's run in has found himself well down the pecking order of wingers at a team that finished below us in the League.

One was the stand out player in the side he was in, the other was a bit part squad player. As I say, completely different situations.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Roberts is the answer to our prayers, but we currently have 1 winger at the club and not a very good one at that (it would seem) if JJ signs and we get Antonio and Treacey. They would be first choice and Roberts and JJ would be back up. I'd say they'll be more than adequate back up

Semedo played week in week out for Charlton, Roberts during Huddersfield's run in has found himself well down the pecking order of wingers at a team that finished below us in the League.

One was the stand out player in the side he was in, the other was a bit part squad player. As I say, completely different situations.

Roberts played virtually every game until he let it be known he wouldn`t be signing a new contract. Grayson got the hump with this and didn`t pick him. He was a stand out under Clark and would have played all season had Clark still been manager.

Can see you're warming to him, he did reject Hudds last summer. I think he'll be a decent squad player for you, at home on either wing. Certainly worth a gamble on a free anyway. You know it makes sense.

Still an udders reject tho ;-)

Hey up Petal, how's that unbeaten run of yours going? It must be approaching 100 games now, still didn't get you second place mind.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

IMO we should be aiming higher than league 1 standard players.

If we want to compete at the top of the championship gary roberts is not the answer.

all our squad were league 1 players 4 weeks ago do you think we should get rid of them .......

Guest Sunflower

Hey up Petal, how's that unbeaten run of yours going? It must be approaching 100 games now, still didn't get you second place mind.

I think you need to move on shitsu, pretty boring joke that now ;-)

Guest Thurgowland

Would be a very smart bit of business signing Roberts on a free IMO.

Mark my words, If Roberts had signed that contract he was offered last year then he would have been playing week in week out, Him getting frozen out and then Grayson coming in did his starting chance no favours at all especially since their chairman Dean Hoyle bankrolled the 1M signing of Danny Ward.

The best crosser of a football I have seen. Left footed, whipped in at pace like he does and Madine, Reda, Rob Jones et al are all going to have a field day getting on his crosses.

Guest jimbob

^ This. Look at the highlights of the 4-4 game at Hillsbourough and don't forget he was up against Buxton. His crosses (especially the Rhodes near post header at the lop end) were incredible.

Guest Big Guns

^ This. Look at the highlights of the 4-4 game at Hillsbourough and don't forget he was up against Buxton. His crosses (especially the Rhodes near post header at the lop end) were incredible.

Did Buxton play that game wasn't it tavernier?