Gary Roberts

Can see you're warming to him, he did reject Hudds last summer. I think he'll be a decent squad player for you, at home on either wing. Certainly worth a gamble on a free anyway. You know it makes sense.

Still an udders reject tho ;-)

you have contradicted yourself there

how can he be a reject when he turned down your offer of a new contract :wacko::sleep:

Guest Big Guns

Go easy on him, he's from Huddersfield and has limited intellect :tango:

I wonder if foreveranowl is from Huddersfield then ?

Can't see the point in this signing at all It's true we need wingers with only JJ and Mike Jones here at the moment. Last season we borrowed three gems in Marshall, Antonio and Treacy, to my mind all better players than Roberts. We have now moved up a league and aim to challenge for the Premiership, we should at least be signing players of equal stature, but preferably better.

Can't see the point in this signing at all It's true we need wingers with only JJ and Mike Jones here at the moment. Last season we borrowed three gems in Marshall, Antonio and Treacy, to my mind all better players than Roberts. We have now moved up a league and aim to challenge for the Premiership, we should at least be signing players of equal stature, but preferably better.

I think we'd all like to sign 4 excellent wingers, but we have to be realistic and face facts. Excellent wingers cost money and Milan WILL NOT spend millions, he never has and never will. Some players we will pay a fee for but back up players need to be on freebies and For me Roberts fits nicely. Not ideal but the way it will be

Obviously plenty of people rate him, but Blueblood surely if we don't improve on what we had last year, there will only be one way we'll be heading. If we are reluctant to pay for a Marshall. Antonio or Treacy, well we can borrow again. It didn't hurt us last year and as a championship club our options will be greater. I'm sorry but signing a player who is not even as good as what we had last year, just because we can, doesn't make sense

Guest Fedor

Obviously plenty of people rate him, but Blueblood surely if we don't improve on what we had last year, there will only be one way we'll be heading. If we are reluctant to pay for a Marshall. Antonio or Treacy, well we can borrow again. It didn't hurt us last year and as a championship club our options will be greater. I'm sorry but signing a player who is not even as good as what we had last year, just because we can, doesn't make sense

From what I've seen he is a very similar player to Keith Treacey, wouldnt hurt to have him on board especially on a freebie

Guest Thurgowland

Well that's that then, don't bother signing Roberts because Gurujuan said so and while we are at it bring Sedgwick back because he is obviously a mustch better winger.

A free signing and an improvement. No brainer.

Just like Kevin McDonald would be, enjoy that wouldn't you!?

I do get where you're coming from and hopefully Antonio and Treacey will be coming back, so that means Roberts would be (if he actually signs because at the moment it's just rumour) an improvement on Sedgewick. Lets just hope we sign enough quality to have strength in depth

You are doing exactly what you agreed we shouldn't be doing yesterday morning.

Roberts would be very good backup to Antonio and Treacy.

If you mean jumping the gun over signings Chris, yeah guilty as charged, but there are so many threads about this rumour or that, it would get a bit tedious if you have to qualify every post with, I know its only a rumour but......

I bet you find it funny when babies cry and when children drop there ice cream you sick ****.

i didn't find the play-off final funny...

if it hadn't been for the penalty's, they would still be 0-0 and playing now...

the dingles are happy, they think they've found someone to finish below them... :tango:

If we are interested in Roberts, you could understand why.

Treacy move would cost a fee and wages. If you're talking £500,000 fee and a 2 year contract of £6,000 p/w then that transfer's costing you £1.1m.

Whereas, Roberts won't command a fee and might demand a marginally lower wage, say £5,000 p/w, so the transfer only costs £500,000 over a two year contract.

Quite a big difference in cost there. Could the £600,000 approx be used better elsewhere? Possibly - that might be DJ's thinking.

Edited by Juror8