Gary Roberts

Perhaps he was dropped because he refused to sign a new contract?

When you're desperate to get promotion, would that really matter?

Surely you'd pick the best side you possibly could, the side that gives you the best chance of promotion and ending a 10 year stay in League 1.

Not good enough to make Huddersfield's side during the run in but good enough for us. Forgive me if I'm a little underwhelmed by this signing if it's true.

bloody hell you cant watch much football pal as it doesnt mean a player is crap just because they are released from a team. There are plenty of players who have played badly for one team been released and signed for another team and played the best football of there career!!!

Edited by tilIdie

Guest Sunflower

Can see you're warming to him, he did reject Hudds last summer. I think he'll be a decent squad player for you, at home on either wing. Certainly worth a gamble on a free anyway. You know it makes sense.

Still an udders reject tho ;-)

Ppl do realise that when Roberts refused a new contract, Huddersfield went and spent a million pounds on Ward to replace him. They fully expected to sell him last summer but overpriced him so nobody was willing to pay. Maybe that could be why he's only been used sparingly this season

People get dropped from teams for a variety of reasons. Perhaps he simply wasn't the player Grayson thought they needed for the system they played?

People on here are suggesting O'Grady might move on this summer. O'Grady played the majority of the season for us and if you ask me I honestly have barely a bad word to say about him. Thought he did a fantastic job for us and was unlucky to lose his place in the side, the victim of a change of manager and the resulting change in style and philosophy. But what would stop a fan of a club wanting to sign O'Grady asking the exact same question you have? Why wasn't he in our side (or even in our 16 at times) towards the run in?

I think there are question marks over aspects of Roberts' game, but he's also got one hell of a delivery on him, and that's not something you lose whether you're in a side or not. Should he sign he would instantly become our most effective wide player as the squad stands now, and especially if you consider we've lost Sedgewick and gained Roberts since the end of the season.

Can see you're warming to him, he did reject Hudds last summer. I think he'll be a decent squad player for you, at home on either wing. Certainly worth a gamble on a free anyway. You know it makes sense.

Still an udders reject tho ;-)

Congrats on your play off who flower. You could have done up a bigger favour tho and gave the blunts a proper spanking

Guest Big Guns

In truth Gary Roberts isn't a bad player

And will only get better playing at a big club infront of big crowds...

bloody hell you cant watch much football pal as it doesnt mean a player is crap just because they are released from a team. There are plenty of players who have played badly for one team been released and signed for another team and played the best football of there career!!!

And are there plenty of players who can't get into a side at one level but then move onto play for a different club at a higher level the following season and prove to be a success? No didn't think so.

I'm not sure which leg it was against MK Dona but he couldn't even make the bench. That means that given the fact that they'll have had 2 wingers on the pitch and most probably one on the bench, he will have been third or fourth in the pecking order.

Also correct me if I'm wrong here, but given his age he hasn't spent much of his career playing above League 1 level.

I read this forum enough to know that the majority of fans on here want us to really kick on now and show some ambition after 12 years of garbage. As I say, this signing is not indicative of a newly promoted side looking to do that.