Kieran Lee

has not signed yet because he is on holiday according to an oldham journalist

Matt Chambers‏@Matt_chambers_

Not much happening at #oafc... Paul Dickov believes Kieran Lee to Sheffield Wednesday "done and dusted" though player currently on holiday

I think there's some rule in place about announcing these pre-contract appearances until the day their contract officially expires. If you remember from previous years, we all knew we were going to sign Lee Grant from Derby at the end of his contract and people were getting impatient because there was no announcement, but then on July 1st when the move officially went through it was on the official site etc.

Think same might happen for likes of Lee and Heaton.

Guest wilyfox

has not signed yet because he is on holiday according to an oldham journalist

Matt Chambers‏@Matt_chambers_

Not much happening at #oafc... Paul Dickov believes Kieran Lee to Sheffield Wednesday "done and dusted" though player currently on holiday

has not signed yet because he's still under contract for another month, more like...

Can we actually sign anyone yet? The window should open at the end of the season. Has the season ended? It may have for us but perhaps officially after the PO final?

Anyone know for sure?

Can we actually sign anyone yet? The window should open at the end of the season. Has the season ended? It may have for us but perhaps officially after the PO final?

Anyone know for sure?

Window is now open but all players contracts run until 30th June, therefore anyone who is available on a free (like Lee) can sign a pre dated contract however it can not be announced as the players present club could effectively then demand a fee.

You can sign someone now and pay a fee but apart from the teams involved in play off fixtures you will find that most club officials and players will now be in far sunnier parts of the world.

I seem to remember some managers saying how disadvantaged you were if you were in the play-offs as you lose out in the transfer market i.e other clubs have 3-4 weeks start on you. This does not seem to be the case at the moment or maybe we have players ready to sign but for contractual reasons nothing can be confirmed until June.

I seem to remember some managers saying how disadvantaged you were if you were in the play-offs as you lose out in the transfer market i.e other clubs have 3-4 weeks start on you. This does not seem to be the case at the moment or maybe we have players ready to sign but for contractual reasons nothing can be confirmed until June.

We will be actively making enquiries and coming up with deals, and making agreements with out of contract players. We've also been able to identify who we want to keep and start negotiating new deals with under contract players with plenty of time before their contracts expire.

All the Pigs will be able to do is make plans for both eventualities, but not start any active role in making signings.

Disagree, we will have been concentrating 100% on bringing players in, whilst the likes of United and Hudds have got bigger fish to fry.

being in the playoffs is a major dissadvantage mainly because the chairman and manager dont know which league thier team will be in next season so have two lists of names they want one fits into a league 1 wage structure and the other fits a championship wage structure, cant verywell promise a player chamionship football sign him then not go up, lol

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

This lad is not 24 until the 22nd of June, so technically until then he is not a free agent. I don't think it would be advisable for us to sign Kieran before this date as we would then have to pay a fee to Oldham.

A pre-contract will have been agreed and signed and this will come into force after his 24th birthday when he becomes available for nothing.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest DONOwl96

Window is now open but all players contracts run until 30th June, therefore anyone who is available on a free (like Lee) can sign a pre dated contract however it can not be announced as the players present club could effectively then demand a fee.

You can sign someone now and pay a fee but apart from the teams involved in play off fixtures you will find that most club officials and players will now be in far sunnier parts of the world.

does that mean united mean united could sign messi this week and play him in play off final. i know they wont but sounds of what your saying its possible