If it's the Play-off final - advice needed......

Guest worksopowl2

Tell your missus JEREMY KYLE is going to the wedding, all the women like him, she will soon forget about you going to football.

Guest christheowl

Cant you be at both ? dress up in your wednesday kit and shoot down to London in the fastest way possible (helicopter maybe), then back to the wedding at full time in your best gear (getting changed along the way of course), while making up excuses of why you have being gone for 90 mins. Infact some one should make a film about it, maybe get Robin Williams to play you, ohh I bet that would be a hit !

Got the same issue. Have told Mrs that I will be at Wembley over the wedding. She told the bride who was not happy but hey ho.

Plus the groom is a grunter so don't really want to go anyway.

Do you really care what the bride thinks?

I sympathise with you mate, my mrs thinks the happiest day of someone's life is a day I should be happy being away from football.

However, I do think you haven't put in enough groundwork. If I haven't been to a certain ground or it's a game I simply can not miss I stand my ground. We argued like **** for over a year because our god daughter was turning 1 on a Thursday and she wanted me to miss going away to Exeter to spend the weekend with 4 kids and their annoying mother! Weighing up the options...... Eeeeerm...... Hang on a minute, it's my birthday weekend too you stinky flaps and I'm certainly not dropping football for an anchor on my chest! Needless to say I stood tall, put my foot down and went the **** to Exeter!

It's simple, JUST SAY NO! Like I always tell my mrs when she asks if I love Wednesday more than her..... "Wednesday were in my life a lot flipping longer than you have been!"

Similar problem, its the wifes birthday that day..and im due to run sheffield half marathon on 27th.

So my answer is this,

Ive offered to let my wife come down to London for the day and go shopping, while im at match...and as for the half marathon, theres always next year!!

Got the same issue. Have told Mrs that I will be at Wembley over the wedding. She told the bride who was not happy but hey ho.

Plus the groom is a grunter so don't really want to go anyway.

Well then surely the groom will be at Wembley then!

Edited by pompeyowl

Lets be honest now,

As a guest, the only good thing about going to a wedding is the possibilty of slotting a bridesmaid or desperate relative of the bride or groom.

As you are already in a relationship, and would be going along with your insignificant other, there is absolutely nothing in this wedding which is of benefit to you, and therefore no point in you attending whatsoever.

If you explain it that way, I'm sure your missus would understand.

Guest super mandaric

Tell her you've got cancer and you've not got long to live and your dying wish is to go and see Wednesday in the play-off final. It's a win-win situation, you'll get to go to the final and all the sympathy shags you can ask for! After the final, leave it a month or so and tada! You're cured.

Best option I think, keeps both of you happy.

Not being very organised, I've just checked the dates for the play-off final (yes I know we're going to get automatic etc etc but just in case) and then I text my missus to tell her not to book anything for that date. I've just received a reply which reads.....'We're going to a wedding'.

Any advice on getting out of this one, without being in the dog-house for the next 10 years?

Believe me, an answer like - 'Tell her to get the flip out of here', won't work!!!

How long have you been with her?

If it's longer than say - 3 months or so, surely she should know how important Wednesday is to you, and how mind shatteringly important a play off final would be.

Wedding's got to be missed.

Tell her you had a visit from Jose Semedo and Reda Johnson and you did not like the concequences of missing the play off final for a wedding!!

Chances are the bride has already had a visit from Reda Johnson aswell.

Tell the lucky couple to stop being so flipping selfish and get them to cancel their wedding.

If not, issue and ultermatum that your turn up in full wednesday kit and sing "he's magic you knooow" for the entirity of the ceremony.

Choice is theirs.

:reda: