If it's the Play-off final - advice needed......

What relation are they to you? The way I see it is:

If it's close family then you are struggling. You will probably have to miss out and go.

If it's not a family member getting married then you just have to be honest with her. If it was me I would tell your missus to bolt and especially so if it's just one of her pals getting married. I ditched the lass on Valentines Day to go to Hillsborough and she has got over it. Your missus will get over it too. If she doesn't understand then I suggest...

http://www.ukdivorcelawyers.co.uk/

Same problem as the OP - only worse if possible.

Not only is there 'a wedding' - its the wife's dad getting married and my son is supposed to be 'the ringbearer'.

When I told him we might have to miss Play Off final if we got there because it was Grandads wedding that day - the look of disappointment on his face said it all.

He was only 4 when we went to Cardiff so has limited memory and unlike me, has not seen Wednesday play, and win, at Wembley.

Anyway - back to OP.

Do what I did - tell her you are going to Wembley - no arguing. If she doesn't understand, she isn't right for you :-)

FFS who are you lot with wedding troubles associating yourselves with?

My mate who's a MASSIVE Owl getting married in JULY. My brother a few years ago isn't even interested in football managed to book his wedding in the non football calandar.

Anyone who books a Wedding between September and May only has themselves to blame when they're stood in a half empty church.

FFS who are you lot with wedding troubles associating yourselves with?

My mate who's a MASSIVE Owl getting married in JULY. My brother a few years ago isn't even interested in football managed to book his wedding in the non football calandar.

Anyone who books a Wedding between September and May only has themselves to blame when they're stood in a half empty church.

Because even god is a wednesdayite.

Not being very organised, I've just checked the dates for the play-off final (yes I know we're going to get automatic etc etc but just in case) and then I text my missus to tell her not to book anything for that date. I've just received a reply which reads.....'We're going to a wedding'.

Any advice on getting out of this one, without being in the dog-house for the next 10 years?

Believe me, an answer like - 'Tell her to get the flip out of here', won't work!!!

I know the feeling mate, we're going to one in Glasgow on the weekend of the Brentford game, to say me and my son are a bit depressed is an understatement.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Here is a tip for all those starting a relationship and those that will eventually be in one.

On the inconsequential matters let the other half have their own way. Then on poo that really matters you step up. Tell them about all the times you, supposedly, towed the line. Did things you didn't want to but did it anyway out of love.

Women will eat that poo up so well, they will pay for your ticket or whatever it is you want.

Pretend to give, give and give again then play that top trump.

The above is true. Want to know why I know because I'm going to stick a FACT!!! at the end of this post.

FACT!!!

Not being very organised, I've just checked the dates for the play-off final (yes I know we're going to get automatic etc etc but just in case) and then I text my missus to tell her not to book anything for that date. I've just received a reply which reads.....'We're going to a wedding'.

Any advice on getting out of this one, without being in the dog-house for the next 10 years?

Believe me, an answer like - 'Tell her to get the flip out of here', won't work!!!

This happened to me in 2005.

They're now divorced.

Need I say more?

Guest wadsgod

Tell her she's your wife not your owner & marriage is all about give & take. If you let her get her own way with something as important as this, what will be next.

Guest Distraught!

Ask the club to refuse to play on that particular day. If other clubs can refuse to play on a certain day, so can we!

(Insensitive I know but to the point).

Thanks people, quality answers as usual.......

I've decided that the only thing to do (if the situation arises) is to take all of your advice, so........

I'm gonna create a cardboard cut-out of myself, send it with Reda, Semedo & Jeremy Kyle to the stag do and get them to use it to threaten the groom to change the day. Maybe Jeremy Kyle can do a program on it. I've also booked flying lessons and have ordered my 1st helicopter. For good measure I'll break up with my missus telling her how selfish she is, divorce her, send her flowers, make it up with her, marry her again (not on the 26th May), but this time I'll be a real man and tell her whats what - if the unthinkable happens and we end up the play-offs - I WILL BE THERE!!!