Old Pics from early 80s.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

There's a fantastic old picture of Hillsborough just inside Reception at the ground.

There was also a good one in Kavan Walkers office.

I heard it got ruined in the flood.

the stand from Olive Grove moved to Owlerton [now The North Stand]

I think the photo was taken of the allotments [gardens] and the old Olive Grove ground fortuitously appears in the background. The stand I believe was taken down and rebuilt at Owlerton when we moved, it became the North Stand I think.

Looking at that aerial shot of Hillsborough half way down on the right of this large group of photos (just below the South Stand picture with the rugby posts in front of the Kop), what year was that and what happened to the Kop later that gave it that Lawrie Madden style hump?

Looking at that aerial shot of Hillsborough half way down on the right of this large group of photos (just below the South Stand picture with the rugby posts in front of the Kop), what year was that and what happened to the Kop later that gave it that Lawrie Madden style hump?

I'm not to sure about the Kop and the Lawrie Madden hump (Can anyone shed any light on this?........KIVO?) and ive always believed the photo is dated around the mid 30's though i could be wrong. lol

Edited by LJH1867OWLS

Guest ayles

Some brilliant pictures in that lot,enjoyed looking at them!, was only tiny when the new kop was created but after being there many times its a part of ya life, like the other poster said, it was always good when we scored and got that familar surge down several steps!! brilliant memories.

Some great pictures, just love seeing the KOP packed.

Here are a few more memorable snaps, couple of nice days out in London early 90's

A much younger Laserowl & She who must be obeyed, The old Man (proud day seeing his beloved Wednesday win at Wembley), Match Ticket

EPSON004.jpg

A Victorious Big Ron

EPSON005.jpg

Pics from Semi Final

EPSON006.jpg

Wednesday Team coach arrives, Fans gather by Entrance.

EPSON007.jpg

Walk down wembly way, welcome teams onto the pitch

EPSON008.jpg

Victorious Wednesday.

EPSON009.jpg

Edited by laserowl

Looking at the early pictures of the uncovered Kop it was straight at the back. Later pictures show the famous hump.

Anybody know more about the hump, i.e. when it was added, why, why not extend it all the way across.

Would be interested to know.

The clock on the South- is it still the same clock that was incorporated into the new roof? Or is it a new clock?

Yeah it's the original clock still.

And to think the old Kop held 22,000 fans, we don't get that in every stand most games.

I only ever went on their once, fell asleep on my Dads shoulder when we lost 3-1 to Middlesboro i think and i missed our only goal. Would have loved to have experienced it properly

Yes, how times have changed. I was in my teens in the early 80's and we used to go to the pub that you used to be in the corner of the south stand and kop.

Many times in the summer we'd take our drinks and go and sit on the kop for some fresh air and to chat and admire the place.

In the mid 70's we used to sit down and play cards on the kop by 'our barrier'....whilst the match was on....nowt much happened for a few years!!... :biggrin: