Old Pics from early 80s.

getting slightly worried, just looking at the middle photo second row on the original post and I dont think they have fitted any bounce suppressors under the concrete blocks, could be tricky on Saturday !!!

I can recall The FA Cup 1/4 final against Coventry (would it be 86ish The year the won it) I was at the back of the kop and when we scored (Megson I think) the kop was bouncing, no really bouncing, if you stood still at looked at the steps you could see daylight and feel it boucing around, it was like driving over the Humber in a force10

I remember it well Ozzi. It was 1987. We had reached the semi final the year before and most thought we would turn over a middle of the table Coventry easily.

Funny how the cup goes. Coventry went on to lift the cup.

48k there that day, but I swear it was more like 58k. With it being a cup game and a lot of cash on the turnstiles in those days, I reckon it was a 'Jim'll Fix It' announcement of the crowd.

UTO :biggrin:

You have a point about the TRUE crowd that day zico, We would get in the ground at least 1hr before kick off to get our spot at the back of the Kop, just rembered the rush on the Refs half time whistle and everyone would try and sit down on the steps.

Guest kentowl

before 1963 I believe

Should have kept that beauty. Nicer than the West.A bit like the Norh Bank,Highbury

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

sheffield-wednesday-goalkeeper-martin-hoI posted this a few weeks ago in the 'Martin Hodge' thread. It is 1987 and Villa Park.

What's fascinating (to me anyway) is the clarity of the supporters' faces from a pre digital photo. As I said last time, I thought people might recognise a few faces?

Example of early cloning experiment.

The bloke just above the crossbar with the tache and glasses, with the hand growing out of his head.

Shelton and Hodge. What wouldn’t you give to have them at their peak in our team now? Or even now in their late 50s?