Would you have taken 4 points from Walsall & Orient ?

Why the hell do people think united are going to win all they're games? Notts county are not very good, they had a new manager we burst their bubble and united went and battered them so what ? they drew against tranmere at home the game before (a bad result) like we have drawn with walsall chill out people, we just need to get back on track saturday!!

I felt we needed nine points from Notts County, Walsall and Orient. Failing to beat Walsall has wasted the great result we had v Notts County. We now need to beat Orient, and I feel we will need to pull off a surprise win at Huddersfield.

I think we may need 6 or 7 wins from our final 8 games. Tonight was a wasted opportunity.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest JP2008

walsall game has gone now. Move on to the next. We have a chance to put pressure back on united if we win Saturday as united Dont play until Tuesday. Also next Saturday when we play Preston at 12.45 and united away at hartlepool with a 3pm kick off. Hartlepool is not an easy place to go (unless you are swfc) so united can drop points there. Plenty more twists and turns although looking more likely we Will need to get a win at huddersfield

Why the hell do people think united are going to win all they're games? Notts county are not very good, they had a new manager we burst their bubble and united went and battered them so what ? they drew against tranmere at home the game before (a bad result) like we have drawn with walsall chill out people, we just need to get back on track saturday!!

United had won 10 out of 11 & looked very comfortable in most of this games playing a controlled passing game.

Then McDonald is injured for the Sheffield Derby & United then win 2 in 7 and struggling.

McDonald returns & Sheff Utd look top class again & win with ease playing a controlled passing game.

There's a pattern here!

The pessimistic Blades expect to win virtually all their remaining matches with McDonald & Evans in the team.

I agree I think we have made the most out of them missing Kev Mac without him I think 2nd place is ours, who knows he might get injured again our key players do FFS

Plenty more twists and turns to come. We're still in it....Utd are going to lose again.

How many more 'second chances' do we need?

When are we eventually going to take control - and stop throwing it away?

There is always hope - but it seems that we are relying on others to wee wee tail it up (again).

Lets forget about 2nd,were not good enough

If we're not good enough then how come we are just two points off 2nd place with a chance of claiming it on Saturday. Surely 'good enough' is a relative term. We may not be Barcelona (yet) but when we go second at the weekend, we will be good enough - fact.

This may sound perverse but I'd rather not be second with 8 games to go and have the pressure of 'clinging on' for the next couple of months. Let's just stalk United and keep right on their curly little tails until the final couple games when the sheer passion of all at Wednesday will carry us over the line.

I'm loving this season - most exciting time for years! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

How many more 'second chances' do we need?

When are we eventually going to take control - and stop throwing it away?

There is always hope - but it seems that we are relying on others to wee wee tail it up (again).

I know where you're coming from Reading. It it's really frustrating how we have thrown away many chances this season.

When I think how far we have come since last season it kind of puts things into perspective, and Playoffs would be a pretty good achievement…but the fact we have had 2nd place in our hands many times kind of makes playoffs a failure.

Thing is we aren't as strong as we should be. We're trying to go up on the cheap, and so it isn’t going to be easy.

Last night was really frustrating in that we had plenty of chances to wrap it up… Ryan Lowe really should have had a hat trick before half time. A few weeks ago we weren’t even creating chances.

Doesn't help when fans go ultra positive after a win.....the fall hurts more.