Ryan Lowe tap in

Guest Fedor

Can't fault the lad's workrate, he drags defenders all over the place, but his finishing must become more clinical, he missed a chance similar to that at Walsall, he was a little further out on the penalty spot, but the goal was open and he dragged the chance wide, looking at the goal v Notts County, it looked to me like he scuffed it a bit.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair on him, and maybe a regular run in the side will provide him with the chance he needs, but I still feel he needs too many chance's to score, can't fault his workrate and attitude though, and if he gets the goal that fires us to promotion, he will get instant legend status, although I have a sneeky feeling that this honour will fall to JJ.

You do realise we are in league one don't you.

Quite a fan of Lowe, strikes me as a good guy to have around the dressing room.

Think we are now playing a style that suits him, meaning that he won't ****** at chances like he did under Meggo.

Edited by SiJ

Can't fault the lad's workrate, he drags defenders all over the place, but his finishing must become more clinical, he missed a chance similar to that at Walsall, he was a little further out on the penalty spot, but the goal was open and he dragged the chance wide, looking at the goal v Notts County, it looked to me like he scuffed it a bit.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair on him, and maybe a regular run in the side will provide him with the chance he needs, but I still feel he needs too many chance's to score, can't fault his workrate and attitude though, and if he gets the goal that fires us to promotion, he will get instant legend status, although I have a sneeky feeling that this honour will fall to JJ.

i agree with all that. He could have had another 5 or 6 goals this season had he taken a good portion of his chances

Good movement from Lowe and a great run by Antonio but some shocking defending / marking by their defence! Same again later on, great move by Lowe but Antonio went for goal at the near post ( cant blame him). We are a MASSIVE threat going forward now.........omg omg omg what about when JJ is back !! Cum-worthy.

You do realise we are in league one don't you.

You don't have to remind me what division it is mate, this is the third time I've travelled up and down the country in this division. Ryan Lowe is in this division for the first time in his career, he's at the biggest club he will ever play for, and if he doesn't become more clinical, then I'd bet my last penny that Jones will get someone who is, I'm pretty sure Jones picked Lowe over O'Grady because Lowe is a better finisher than O'Grady, but it wouldn't surprise me if a goal scorer is top of Jones priority list.

Like I said earlier, I can't fault his workrate, and wether we're talking 2nd division non-league or premiership, he misse's far too many chance's, this is Sheffield Wednesday, we are moving in the iright direction at last, if some players don't step up, then they will be replaced.

If we do go up this season, and I think we will, I expect at least 5 of our current first team, to not be in the starting game next season.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Big Guns

League 1 and we play against league 1 defenders and league 1 keepers

If your getting paid 3k a week you should be able to score simple tap ins .

Ok, so we've got penalties, goals scored against teams in the bottom half of the table, hat-tricks, headed goals, and the new entry on the list of goals that don't count is: goals that the striker "nearly missed".

Come on Ryan son, you're not doing it properly!

Guest Fedor

You don't have to remind me what division it is mate, this is the third time I've travelled up and down the country in this division. Ryan Lowe is in this division for the first time in his career, he's at the biggest club he will ever play for, and if he doesn't become more clinical, then I'd bet my last penny that Jones will get someone who is, I'm pretty sure Jones picked Lowe over O'Grady because Lowe is a better finisher than O'Grady, but it wouldn't surprise me if a goal scorer is top of Jones priority list.

Like I said earlier, I can't fault his workrate, and wether we're talking 2nd division non-league or premiership, he misse's far too many chance's, this is Sheffield Wednesday, we are moving in the iright direction at last, if some players don't step up, then they will be replaced.

If we do go up this season, and I think we will, I expect at least 5 of our current first team, to not be in the starting game next season.

If Lowe would snap up every chance he got which he creates with his brilliant movement then he would be playing in the premiership not in league one which is my point

If Lowe would snap up every chance he got which he creates with his brilliant movement then he would be playing in the premiership not in league one which is my point

You could say that about anyone. My point is, Lowe is a professional, he gets paid handsomely to put the ball in the net, his workrate is unquestionable, but his strike rate is very poor for a striker playing at league 1 level.

If you look at the strikers on show tonight, Madine had one chance and scored one goal, Macken had two chances and scored one goal, Ryan Lowe had 5 excellent chances in the first half, he actually scored with his sixth chance, at this level that is simply not good enough.

Lowe has done really well for himself, he is playing at a level of football which most people would have thought was beyond him, but in all honesty, teams at the foot of the table have strikers with stike rates of one in six, not teams that want to get promoted.

We need a striker with a better strike rate than Lowe to play alongside Madine, we also need a midfield playmaker, preferrably one who can take corners and free kicks, because Lines isn't the answer either

Going back to Lowe, if he had taken half of his chances first half, we would have gone in 2-0 up, it's a totally different game if you score first..

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

the goals have been missing for ages since Madine got injured , all the forwards have to step up to the plate ,not just one player ,all teams around us have good finishers we havent , madine was knocking them in for fun before the injury , whats changed to hold him back , who knows but whatever has happened needs sorting , we have enough chances every game to hammer teams ,but we don't take them ,and this problem has been happening for how long ,

The lad misses too many chances and was getting brought off just before he scored.

He missed 4 chances in the first half. All good chances too.

His finishing is poor. That said, Madine was nowhere to be seen for most of the match..

Was dissapointed with the front two today, even if they did get a goal each.

Guest Fedor

the goals have been missing for ages since Madine got injured , all the forwards have to step up to the plate ,not just one player ,all teams around us have good finishers we havent , madine was knocking them in for fun before the injury , whats changed to hold him back , who knows but whatever has happened needs sorting , we have enough chances every game to hammer teams ,but we don't take them ,and this problem has been happening for how long ,

And Lowe was knocking them in for fun too till he joined us and got injured on his debut. The goals will come for him. Lowe gets the chances cos of his awareness and movement, he is a very good and intelligent footballer who always gives us an outlet. Like I said if he took most of his chances would be playing at a much higher level.He does offer a lot to the team.

Guest Fedor

ive allways said lowe is an intelegent player fedor i was just saying it is unfair to blame one player

wasnt having a go at you Trev, was just comparing Lowe to Madine about banging em in before injury