Huddersfield tickets

Guest JonTheOwl66

Thanks Owllincoln for sorting mine (again).

FWIW I fail to see why anyone would have a problem with a loyalty scheme. Seems the fairest solution to me but hey-ho.

If the pigs can manage doing that system...

FFS can we stop this juvenile i'm a better fan than you sh!t?

I went to plymouth for a night match once but doesn't mean i'm a better fan than someone who didn't!

Actually more the fool me cos it was a sh!te game!

If a ST holder suddenly decides they want to go to hudders and manage to get a ticket then

good for them.

Demand is greater than supply. flip all we can do about that. So let's

stop the childish remarks

Show me where I said anyone was better than anyone else?

The fact is the system doesn't work.

It needs fixing.

I haven't said someone who is a ST holder and goes to every game is any better than someone who can only afford to go to 1 home game a season.

The solution to the problem is to breakdown the categories into smaller groups.

Maybe you think alphabetical order would be fairer than doing it based on number of games attended? Or hair colour? Or number of posts on Owlstalk?

Loyalty schemes never work. Is it based on just the current season or previous seasons ? Is it based on away games attended or a certain number of points per game? (depending on distance and whether it's a Tuesday night).

It's fair if it's done properly but would it put someone at a disadvantage if they've had to move for a job but have had a season ticket and been to 95% of away games for the last 30 years?.

Part of having a season tickets is that you get first choice on away tickets? So people shouldn't cry when they don't have one.

You'll never please everyone and this way seems to only wind up the "I've been to Exeter and Bournemouth there fore I deserve a Chesterfield ticket" types.

Guest JAM89

To be fair I think a loyalty scheme done properly is a good idea. It would put me in the bottom category only going to a few away games a season.But the way things are at the minute its more based on who doesn't have a job, or has time to spend all morning trying to get a ticket. I've been in a meeting with work all morning and literally didn't have any chance at all :( .

Thanks Owllincoln for sorting mine (again).

FWIW I fail to see why anyone would have a problem with a loyalty scheme. Seems the fairest solution to me but hey-ho.

If the pigs can manage doing that system...

I'll give you an example why.

My mate supports Man Utd and he's got a mate who has been a season ticket holder most of his life. His mate can no longer make games (he's moved to Dubai), so to make sure he doesn't lose his season ticket, loyalty points etc, he still gets his season ticket & all the cup tickets and sells them to his mates.

For instances like this, it will become a closed shop and people will go to the extent of the above to keep their hand in with the priority ticketing. - and that example above ISN'T fair IMO.

Part of having a season tickets is that you get first choice on away tickets? So people shouldn't cry when they don't have one.

You'll never please everyone and this way seems to only wind up the "I've been to Exeter and Bournemouth there fore I deserve a Chesterfield ticket" types.

Everyone buying a ticket this morning has a season ticket.

There was still far too much demand.

It should always be season ticket holders before anyone else.

But it needs to be broken down within the ST holders category.

Has Orient even sold out yet?

Everyone buying a ticket this morning has a season ticket.

There was still far too much demand.

It should always be season ticket holders before anyone else.

But it needs to be broken down within the ST holders category.

Has Orient even sold out yet?

Why does it need breaking down? So that someone doesn't lose their TrueFan status of "I've been to every game since we played at Olive Grove". As long as we sell the allocation to Wednesdayites, what does it matter who they are?

We're all Wednesday aren't we (Unless there is a limited ticket allocation then I am more Wednesday than you), it doesn't really have the same ring does it.

Just not bothered...

I'll give you an example why.

My mate supports Man Utd and he's got a mate who has been a season ticket holder most of his life. His mate can no longer make games (he's moved to Dubai), so to make sure he doesn't lose his season ticket, loyalty points etc, he still gets his season ticket & all the cup tickets and sells them to his mates.

For instances like this, it will become a closed shop and people will go to the extent of the above to keep their hand in with the priority ticketing. - and that example above ISN'T fair IMO.

This. You just end up with the same 2000 going and nobody gets a chance to break into the club. Not exactly healthy for the fan base.

My Leeds supporting mates hate their system. And I have heard Blunts complain about theirs.

Just not bothered...

As before, if you are a season ticket holder you should get priority, whether you have been to 10 away games or none. It's part of the benefit of having one.

First come, first served.

I can't disagree with that.

If the club want to go the further administrative expense of further sub dividing ST priority, then so be it.

But, it seems a waste of time, money and resources, to me.

This. You just end up with the same 2000 going and nobody gets a chance to break into the club. Not exactly healthy for the fan base.

My Leeds supporting mates hate their system. And I have heard Blunts complain about theirs.

If only the same 2,000 would go, how come there's only 400 away st holders? How come loads of matches have made it to general sale? How come there's been some we haven't even sold out?

There's already loads of complaints about how it is now.

Of course there would be some complaints (mainly from those who only want to go to 3 local away games and non of the others).

Why does it need breaking down? So that someone doesn't lose their TrueFan status of "I've been to every game since we played at Olive Grove". As long as we sell the allocation to Wednesdayites, what does it matter who they are?

We're all Wednesday aren't we (Unless there is a limited ticket allocation then I am more Wednesday than you), it doesn't really have the same ring does it.

Because I'd rather be there.

As before, if you are a season ticket holder you should get priority, whether you have been to 10 away games or none. It's part of the benefit of having one.

First come, first served.

... for the people who don't have to be at work at 9am on a Monday morning!

being forced to take a half day holiday to buy a ticket for the 3 local away games a year that have 10 times the demand as all the other games that are easy to get a ticket for hardly seems like a benefit to me.

Online is a good system, its easy enough to use ... it just flipping crashes all the time.

Ive never had the phone answered yet in all the times ive ever rung up ... so as i mentioned on another thread, when it got to 10:15 and id still had no joy, i decided od have to get them at the ticket office, so got a taxi from Rawmarsh to Hillsborough. Cost me a fotune but it was worth it cos' we'll be there now. But it shouldnt have to come to that, the online system cant keep crashing everytime a big game comes around.

... for the people who don't have to be at work at 9am on a Monday morning!

being forced to take a half day holiday to buy a ticket for the 3 local away games a year that have 10 times the demand as all the other games that are easy to get a ticket for hardly seems like a benefit to me.

I have to be in work Monday morning and I've only ever missed out once for tickets I've actually wanted - Hartlepool about 8 years ago when we had that stupid postal ballot system.

If you have a mobile phone, you can buy tickets online or over the telephone regardless of where you are in the country (or world!) at 9am on a Monday morning. In fact, I still managed to get Huddersfield tickets at lunch - and I had problems online and over the telephone this morning (which was an exacption and partly caused by Barclaycard's anti-theft security!).

Only time I've had to take time off work was for the Sheffield Derby when Tudders scored the winner at The Lane - and I only did that in person and not online/over the phone because I knew we'd complete a Derby double for the first time in 90-odd years and I wanted to be guarenteed tickets to see it.

For those who are desperate...

There's a few places left for our Commercial package to Huddersfield. Coach, breakfast buffet & match ticket £85+VAT. Call 01142212335#swfcThere's a few places left for our Commercial package to Huddersfield. Coach, breakfast buffet & match ticket £85+VAT. Call 01142212335#swfc

:ohmy: