Huddersfield tickets

Guest JonTheOwl66

... for the people who don't have to be at work at 9am on a Monday morning!

being forced to take a half day holiday to buy a ticket for the 3 local away games a year that have 10 times the demand as all the other games that are easy to get a ticket for hardly seems like a benefit to me.

Well if you are that bothered about going you'll have to do it.

Get someone to get one for you.

Take 5 mins off the beggining of your shift and call up.

Take 5 minutes off and do it online. I don't believe you don't have a break in the first 3 hours of your shift, at least.

You say there are loads of complaints? I guarentee there are more people who would be against such scheme as people who are for it.

It would be a complete waste of time and money.

Online is a good system, its easy enough to use ... it just flipping crashes all the time.

Ive never had the phone answered yet in all the times ive ever rung up ... so as i mentioned on another thread, when it got to 10:15 and id still had no joy, i decided od have to get them at the ticket office, so got a taxi from Rawmarsh to Hillsborough. Cost me a fotune but it was worth it cos' we'll be there now. But it shouldnt have to come to that, the online system cant keep crashing everytime a big game comes around.

Good on you, brilliant effort.

Now how would you feel if you had a job to be at this morning?

Probably like you were being punished by the SWFC ticket system for having a job...

Take 5 minutes off and do it online. I don't believe you don't have a break in the first 3 hours of your shift, at least.

You say there are loads of complaints? I guarentee there are more people who would be against such scheme as people who are for it.

5 minutes to do it online! If only.

Took me 2 and a half hours to get them this morning

As before, if you are a season ticket holder you should get priority, whether you have been to 10 away games or none. It's part of the benefit of having one.

First come, first served.

In the past I've used various ways to get tickets. Things like...

Online (home and work)

Telephone (home and work)

I've booked day off off work or arranged a to start later and work later.

I've got family members or mates to fetch me one (sometimes even if they're not going - buy them a drink).

We have plenty of warning of when tickets go on sale and therefore plenty of time to organise a way of getting them.

That's why I think the method of Season Ticket Holders on a first come, first served basis works fine.

Probably like you were being punished by the SWFC ticket system for having a job...

To be honest mate id be gutted .

I will have a job to go to next year for my 1 year work placement at uni so we'll see how i feel then but i know i wouldnt be happy.

Took me 2 and a half hours to get them this morning

I got through twice on the phone in a 10 minute period - the first time the system couldn't cope with our shareholder season tickets, the second Barclay's had blocked my credit card because of a load of transactions last night that triggered their anti-fraud system (I was booking our holiday accommodation at 7 different hotels!). Still managed to get to Hillsborough in my lunch break and get tickets not a problem. I would have done it online, but my mate set the online account up and I can never remember his postcode.

I got through twice on the phone in a 10 minute period - the first time the system couldn't cope with our shareholder season tickets, the second Barclay's had blocked my credit card because of a load of transactions last night that triggered their anti-fraud system (I was booking our holiday accommodation at 7 different hotels!). Still managed to get to Hillsborough in my lunch break and get tickets not a problem. I would have done it online, but my mate set the online account up and I can never remember his postcode.

Didn't have my phone

Yeah I had to get up super early this morning to be in the queue for tickets but I am lucky enough to be in a job where I can work flexi so I was in the office for 9:30am. But whilst queueing I did think why the hell can they not do this on a sat morning? Ok not great if you have had a big night out friday and I know people still have to work sat too but not as many and there would be friends/family who could go down on your behalf to get them. This would be fairer.

So what you are asking is that tickets go on sale for YOU a bit early so you don't have to go down the same route as everyone else.

How did people used to go on when there was no option of online?

Just not bothered...

So what you are asking is that tickets go on sale for YOU a bit early so you don't have to go down the same route as everyone else.

How did people used to go on when there was no option of online?

No that isn't what I'm asking at all.

There used to be postal applications. I never used it, but I suspect it was even worse.