Huddersfield tickets

Guest JonTheOwl66

That was simply in relation to people saying they work and can't ring etc. etc. If you want to guarantee a ticket to any game then 9 am monday morning is the only chance you might have!

Is it fair that the Smith's have more disposable income and don't work weekends? What is fair? You can't please everyone unfortunately. It is a real minority that whinge about stuff like this so for me it really isn't an issue.

The people working may just wait until they get home because tickets don't usually sell out on the first day of sales.

I think you should take disposable income out of it. How many people who missed out spending £25 today for Huddersfield will now spend it for Orient or Colchester?

You are quite correct, you can't please everyone and only a minority are whinging because this only affects the minority regulars. So why not please them and reward their loyalty.

Anyway, before we go round and round in circles, I've got my tickets so I'm happy - I still believe there should be a loyalty scheme though.

Sam in TrueFan shocker. lol

I am driving up tomorrow for the game.

Can I have a ticket?

It is nothing to do with TrueFan and all that crap. A boring point that people keep harping on about.

It's just about fairness to those who go often.

Anyway, i'm still at work and have stuff to do for a couple more hours. I'm certainly earning my TrueWorker badge...

The people working may just wait until they get home because tickets don't usually sell out on the first day of sales.

I think you should take disposable income out of it. How many people who missed out spending £25 today for Huddersfield will now spend it for Orient or Colchester?

You are quite correct, you can't please everyone and only a minority are whinging because this only affects the minority regulars. So why not please them and reward their loyalty.

Anyway, before we go round and round in circles, I've got my tickets so I'm happy - I still believe there should be a loyalty scheme though.

It is that bit that bothers me though. They are no more loyal than me just because they can afford to go to more away games.

As a for instance, how would you feel if when you were on one of your many foreign jaunts it meant you lost out on a load of points and thus ended up not being able to get tickets for say the blunts or 'udders? Simply because your work called upon you. You aren't any less of a fan just because work stops you going. So why shouldn't you have a chance of going just like every other season ticket holder.

It just bugs me that our own fans look down their noses at each other over whether they can get to every away game or not. I missed out on Notts County due to not having the cash to get the tickets in time but I love hearing 4500 Wednesdayites belting songs out for 90 minutes on the radio. I don't care who they are or how many games they have been to.

Just not bothered...

Guest wednesdayloyal

Do people seriously think they will sell out Monday? How quick did they sell last year? And i thought i would be ok for Tuesday, even pigs tickets lasted untill early the second day and that was only 300 more

the pig tickets sold out in less than 4hr

It is that bit that bothers me though. They are no more loyal than me just because they can afford to go to more away games.

As a for instance, how would you feel if when you were on one of your many foreign jaunts it meant you lost out on a load of points and thus ended up not being able to get tickets for say the blunts or 'udders? Simply because your work called upon you. You aren't any less of a fan just because work stops you going. So why shouldn't you have a chance of going just like every other season ticket holder.

It just bugs me that our own fans look down their noses at each other over whether they can get to every away game or not. I missed out on Notts County due to not having the cash to get the tickets in time but I love hearing 4500 Wednesdayites belting songs out for 90 minutes on the radio. I don't care who they are or how many games they have been to.

Firstly I don't, and nor should anyone, look down their noses at their fellow fans. (Just remembered LS's effort at sticking the unfortunate in the cheese-wedge).

I'm not sure if loyalty is the correct word, but if someone has trekked to Yeovil on a wet Wednesday or to Gillingham on a snowy Saturday or to Bournemouth in the JPT (etc etc) they should have priority and not miss out on the big attractive games.

Whilst I'm as sorry as the next person if someone can't afford a game or as you rightly mentioned misses out due to work, I'm afraid this is still the fairest way.

We don't need to get our knickers in a twist with each other about it, we just should appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different.

All we're saying is that - and I'm clutching at random figures - the 1500 fans that have been to 5+ away games should've got first dibs today before the free-for-all.

All we're saying is that - and I'm clutching at random figures - the 1500 fans that have been to 5+ away games should've got first dibs today before the free-for-all.

Why buy a season ticket then?

I don't have a ST but if I lived in Sheffield, it would be one of the things that motivated me to buy one. The fact that I got priority for away games.

I think, from a Club perspective, this would be a bad move. And, could support a decline in ST sales.

This just creates a SuperTrueFan status.

First come first served IMO.

Why buy a season ticket then?

Because it works out cheaper per game and you get the same seat(s) every week. You will also still get a priority for away tickets.

This TrueFan™ thing is really getting overused.

Anyway, I've said enough now.

Because it works out cheaper per game and you get the same seat(s) every week. You will also still get a priority for away tickets.

This TrueFan™ thing is really getting overused.

Anyway, I've said enough now.

Well I can't agree Sam. Sorry.

I don't agree that the Club should spend time, money and resources to accommodate such a scheme.

Possibly at the expense of annual season ticket sales?

And, recognition of a different status within ST holders is something you have suggested. Not me.

But yes, it would create yet another different category.

Yeah I had to get up super early this morning to be in the queue for tickets but I am lucky enough to be in a job where I can work flexi so I was in the office for 9:30am. But whilst queueing I did think why the hell can they not do this on a sat morning? Ok not great if you have had a big night out friday and I know people still have to work sat too but not as many and there would be friends/family who could go down on your behalf to get them. This would be fairer.

Make sure its an away game down South though. You lot are all home then.