Madine & Lowe

Guest Big Guns

Goals win games, Biggins. Why bother playing players who don't score?

right let me try and explain

FOOTBALL

you have a goal keeper who saves goals

defenders who help the keeper and defend the goal area

midfielders who help the defense and help create goals

srtikers who score the goals to win games

all the above are allowed to score because goals win games i hope you understand now

:tango: :tango: :tango:

right let me try and explain

FOOTBALL

you have a goal keeper who saves goals

defenders who help the keeper and defend the goal area

midfielders who help the defense and help create goals

srtikers who score the goals to win games

all the above are allowed to score because goals win games i hope you understand now

:tango: :tango: :tango:

Thanks for that Biggins. With such thorough and precise analysis why is it that you were over looked for the Wednesday job? Why didn't you apply?

Guest Big Guns

Thanks for that Biggins. With such thorough and precise analysis why is it that you were over looked for the Wednesday job? Why didn't you apply?

im needed more on here to help the likes of you out who dont no owt

lol

Thought they looked great together and Madine really looked reinvigorated. He seemed to revel in being able to drop deep himself and link play up as well as knowing that if he got himself into the box he would get a chance.

So pleased he got his goal. It will do him the world of good.

We should dig up the Madine hating thread from a month or so ago where I stated Lowe/Goal machine was the partnership.

And was told by most that Cog should always start

In the system that Megson played, COG should have started, yes. No question of that.

Clearly, Jones wants to play a little differently and the team have clearly already responded to that. In terms of the system the new manager wants to play, it seems Madine and Lowe are the pair to go with.

COG is unlucky because he's out of the team despite doing nothing wrong. In my opinion he's been one of our best and most important players all season. But there's no question Madine and Lowe should be the front two in Jones' system and COG will be professional enough to recognise that and work hard to make sure he can still play a part in that system when required.

It's brilliant that we have such flexibility.

Madine and Lowe are the future for this season. They linked up well last night and we were far improved from recent weeks. I feel a bit for O'Grady because he works hard but he just not as effective. We looked far more dangerous last night with him off the pitch.

Guest Big Guns

In the system that Megson played, COG should have started, yes. No question of that.

Clearly, Jones wants to play a little differently and the team have clearly already responded to that. In terms of the system the new manager wants to play, it seems Madine and Lowe are the pair to go with.

COG is unlucky because he's out of the team despite doing nothing wrong. In my opinion he's been one of our best and most important players all season. But there's no question Madine and Lowe should be the front two in Jones' system and COG will be professional enough to recognise that and work hard to make sure he can still play a part in that system when required.

It's brilliant that we have such flexibility.

Got to agree lowe didn't fit into megson style

When he came on nowt changed jury the dame styles and lowe was Totaly ineffective

Saw a whole new side to Madine last night.

Not just holding the ball up, flicking the ball on, but dropping deeper and playing some quality knocks around the park.

You could see he was enjoying it.

His vision - and the weight of the balls he played was fantastic last night. I agree it was a side i'd not seen before - and I've always been a fan.

His goal was the icing on the cake -will have given him loads of confidence. I'm going to get carried away and say we've found our League 1 Willo and Hirst

Are all the cog bummers going to change there minds

You no strikers don't need to score as long as they work hard

Idiots goals win games.

Goals win games, Biggins. Why bother playing players who don't score?

Dennis Bergkamp contributed just 37 league goals in 193 appearances in his final 6 seasons at Arsenal, and they won 2 league titles in that time. I suspect it was a similar story when Smith/Campbell partnered Ian Wright too.

Having two prolific strikers is an enormous bonus of course, but it is by no means essential.

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago that suggested or otherwise Madine and Lowe might of might not get on. As in at loggerheads. Don't know if it was a joke.

All I can say is the hug Madine gave Lowe after

Madine scored was one of the most felt thank you hugs I've seen in a while.

When the both close down and chase like last night it must be a bloody nightmare for defenders. For all people say cog never stops running neither did Lowe but in a more intelligent way.

Although how he missed in the first half I'll never know.

Roll on Saturday.

"THE MADOWL" is taking full credit for getting these two together .................. it was no joke !!

Loved the game last night and seeing that partnership is why. The football we played was brilliant, and this made the front 2 come into their own.

Madine was absolutely class and deserved his goal, and Lowe is a classy goal scorer who needs the ball on the floor. They showed they can do so, really looking forward to Saturday, and if we play like we did last night, we should win by 2 or 3 goals. UTO