Madine & Lowe

Guest Big Guns

Every game.......Charlton and a few minutes here and there from the subs bench!

Yep he has I will tell you if hes any good Saturday night I'm giving everyone a clean slate at the minit

Excellent partnership. They looked comfortable together and playing on the floor brings out the best in them both. Chuck in Mike Jones as well cause we actually saw what he was capable of last night and out left would seem to be his best position. To say its the first time we've seen them all play together things can only get better if we try to keep a bit of stability and keep it the same for saturday.

Edited by Soul Power

Guest Bald Owl

I like Ryan Lowe. A lot.

But that's a rather ridiculous comment! lol

I'll reword then, there's nobody in this league at being an out and out striker. There's nobody that does that Shearer thing of starting in the middle running wide and coming around the back defenders don't know where he is. Yes Rhodes scotes more but he isn't the finished article i take it thats who your referring too.

they linked up brilliantly. All season our strikers have played miles apart. Tonight, one was always available to collect the other's hold up play, or run onto a pass. It was a joy to behold at times

Yes spot on Madine and COG played miles apart. Could not really understand why except at MK Dons where COG was also covering the gap at left midfield. For some reason a big un and a little un up front often seems to work well. I guess they have different attributes/styles which compliment each other rather than having two of the same up front.

It's criminal that these 2 had never been given a chance to play together under Megson.

I have been banging the 'Start Ryan Lowe drum' for a long time. This is a partnership that i have wanted to see.

Hope they can continue it, the link up was brilliant between them.

main reason was because Madine was out injured for a couple of months and has been struggling for form/fitness/confidence since he came back

Let's be honest. There were absolutely shed loads of you on here who said we needed to loan a striker with pace and that our strikers weren't good enough.

Our strikers are actually good enough we just need balance within the team and that came with two wingers. I still maintain we need another winger on loan as any injuries/loss of form to our two recognised wingers then we are back to square pegs in round holes.

We need to loan at least 1 winger. Our strikers are by far good enough for this league, they just need the service.

Guest Sniper1

One major contributing factor

SWFC strikers receiving the ball under gary megson

............GK

RB....CB....CB....LB

......CM...CM..LM

RM

........ST...ST

SWFC strikers receiving the ball under Dave Jones

...........GK

........CB..CB

...........DM

RB..................LB

...........CM

RM..................LM

........ST...ST

I have badges lol .

Cog and dennis bergkamp yes how can we leave cog out when hes like bergkamp a brilliant likeness

You get this stupid response anytime you try to compare anything one of our players does, to anyone in a higher division.

This is a football forum, expect comparisons where the players overall ability isn't being compared, rather something they do.

Would prefer to see more comparisons across our own team tbh. For example Reda Johnson is like a cross between Mark van Bommel and Pelé! :reda:

Guest Big Guns

You get this stupid response anytime you try to compare anything one of our players does, to anyone in a higher division.

This is a football forum, expect comparisons where the players overall ability isn't being compared, rather something they do.

Would prefer to see more comparisons across our own team tbh. For example Reda Johnson is like a cross between Mark van Bommel and Pelé! :reda:

Jog on.