Madine & Lowe

I have been wanting Madine to partner Lowe ever since Lowe joined the club. Two goal scorers, our best two, need to start every game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure that this is the first game they have started together. They looked a good partnership. They did what I like partners to do, they stuck close together and played off each other. Think these two will fire us to promotion if kept together.

Yep think it is the first time they've partnered each other. This is the partnership I've been wanting too for ages.

First time Lowe and M Jones have started together too I think, made such a difference with their link-up play. Great display.

the truth be known there's been an argument on here as to the value of cog to the side, goals scored v. goals made...

looks as though that argument may have spilled over into boardroom (megson and milan, and one would imagine aldridge too)...

i did expect if there was any truth in the milan/megson bust up, then cog wouldn't make the starting Xl...

well he didn't, and we played some of our best of the season, and came close to that hiding we've been talking about, but never got near...

bigger test on saturday tho...

Guest Ripley Owl
I have been wanting Madine to partner Lowe ever since Lowe joined the club. Two goal scorers, our best two, need to start every game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure that this is the first game they have started together. They looked a good partnership. They did what I like partners to do, they stuck close together and played off each other. Think these two will fire us to promotion if kept together.

Great post !

Guest Row40

I've been saying for weeks to play the two. O'grady is good but in my eyes more of a holding midfielder than a striker. Lets the front two play more games together and we will see more good goals.

We should dig up the Madine hating thread from a month or so ago where I stated Lowe/Goal machine was the partnership.

And was told by most that Cog should always start

Edited by Jowl

the truth be known there's been an argument on here as to the value of cog to the side, goals scored v. goals made...

looks as though that argument may have spilled over into boardroom (megson and milan, and one would imagine aldridge too)...

i did expect if there was any truth in the milan/megson bust up, then cog wouldn't make the starting Xl...

well he didn't, and we played some of our best of the season, and came close to that hiding we've been talking about, but never got near...

bigger test on saturday tho...

I think the more likely explanation is that playing COG isn't as necessary if we aren't hoofing the ball up to our strikers - we tried to get the ball down and play to feet yesterday and so we didn't need him.

If Jones wanted to continue playing long ball then I'm sure COG would have started.

Guest Big Guns

Are all the cog bummers going to change there minds

You no strikers don't need to score as long as they work hard

Idiots goals win games.

Guest Big Guns

Yeah! Goals win games! Why bother playing Semedo, he hardly ever scores. Same with Buxton. They must both be poo .

Didn't no they were strikers

Guest Sheff Owl

It's criminal that these 2 had never been given a chance to play together under Megson.

I have been banging the 'Start Ryan Lowe drum' for a long time. This is a partnership that i have wanted to see.

Hope they can continue it, the link up was brilliant between them.

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago that suggested or otherwise Madine and Lowe might of might not get on. As in at loggerheads. Don't know if it was a joke.

All I can say is the hug Madine gave Lowe after

Madine scored was one of the most felt thank you hugs I've seen in a while.

When the both close down and chase like last night it must be a bloody nightmare for defenders. For all people say cog never stops running neither did Lowe but in a more intelligent way.

Although how he missed in the first half I'll never know.

Roll on Saturday.

Edited by peggyowl

I said this last night when i heard Lowe And Madine were starting.

Each bagged a goal fair enough but not only that, they looked confident together, they knew were each other were at all times, lowe was dropping off madines shoulder beautifully.

Madine looked like he has found somebody he wants to play with, his performance and general attitude last night were superb. I wanted him to get a goal all night to back up how hard he had worked, just to shoot his confidence right up.

Gotta go with these two saturday.