Dave Jones Pre Match Press Conference

I'm delighted he's keeping the coaching staff for the time being. Correct move IMO. Well done Dave Jones.

Indeed. We've got a good manager, and with Terry Burton coming in to join the backroom staff we already have then it can only make us stronger. Let's hope the players respond to them.

Seems to be being set up for the new scapegoat by a few fans, so good to see he had admirers even at Championship level before we got him. Think he will suit Jones' style of play superbly.

Exactly. Lines will play much further forward and we'll start seeing him far more involved in attacks from the final third of the pitch.

Guest bigron

I think it is far too early to say as Chris E does in referring to Jones:

"We've got a good manager."

I shall judge at the end of the play offs as will MM no doubt.

But for me 5+ years at Cardiff all in the Championship and becoming known as the "Nearly Man" does not bode well.

He also had the benefit of a new stadium, major transfer fund and a huge wage bill.

Comments during the Cardiff v West Ham game yesterday were that they have a much better chance now with Malky Mackay and that Jones' team looked "jaded".

But for me 5+ years at Cardiff all in the Championship and becoming known as the "Nearly Man" does not bode well.

He also had the benefit of a new stadium, major transfer fund and a huge wage bill.

Comments during the Cardiff v West Ham game yesterday were that they have a much better chance now with Malky Mackay and that Jones' team looked "jaded".

I can tell you now - if they finish where they are now they'll have no chance of winning the playoffs.

Where are Cardiff in the League?

Exactly.

The only Wednesday manager who's got us into the play-offs was Sturrock, we've had a succession who have tried and failed. I think Megson would have achieved it, but we're going round in circles, Dave Jones is here now, he's got a reputation for playing excellent football, and his teams always seem to operate at the top end of the division they are competing in, I can live with that.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

When was the last time Wednesday were anywhere near getting promoted back to the Premier League??

Some of our fans amaze me. His track record is a good one for me and he will be getting my full support.

The only Wednesday manager who's got us into the play-offs was Sturrock, we've had a succession who have tried and failed. I think Megson would have achieved it, but we're going round in circles, Dave Jones is here now, he's got a reputation for playing excellent football, and his teams always seem to operate at the top end of the division they are competing in, I can live with that.

This!!

Guest bigron

Presumably Cardiff fans on the back of the penalties defeat against Liverpool in the League Cup final feel more confidence in Malky Mackay rather than the Jones and his "jaded" team.

And I would feel exactly the same.

In the championship, its a good achievement to hit the top six so regularly. Although the fact he never got Cardiff up that way was bad for Jones, playoffs are a lottery aren't they?

Simon Grayson failed in the playoffs with Leeds in L1 but he bounced back stronger. Same with Warnock with the Blades in the Champ too.

Edited by Bluesteel