Dave Jones Pre Match Press Conference

Dave Jones pre-Bury press conference: "First impressions are we have a hard working team" #swfc

Dave Jones: "I'm here to add to the work that's gone on beforehand and push the club on" #swfc

Dave Jones: "Will the style of play change? Yes, but that kind of stuff takes time and we'll take it bit-by-bit" #swfc

Dave Jones: "The team are in a fantastic position, we need to add to it" #swfc

Dave Jones: "Terry Burton will be joining us and adding to the staff we have. We want to hit the ground running" #swfc

Dave Jones: "I don't go into a club and clean the place out. The existing staff will carry on doing what they are doing for now" #swfc

Dave Jones pre-Bury press conference: "First impressions are we have a hard working team" #swfc

Dave Jones: "I'm here to add to the work that's gone on beforehand and push the club on" #swfc

Dave Jones: "Will the style of play change? Yes, but that kind of stuff takes time and we'll take it bit-by-bit" #swfc

Dave Jones: "The team are in a fantastic position, we need to add to it" #swfc

Dave Jones: "Terry Burton will be joining us and adding to the staff we have. We want to hit the ground running" #swfc

Dave Jones: "I don't go into a club and clean the place out. The existing staff will carry on doing what they are doing for now" #swfc

Looks like Jones is looking to avoid any further instability. Good decision but I expect a few changes in the summer.

Got to say I do like Dave Jones attitude. He seems very grounded and rational with what he's saying, and he seems to speak with intelligence.

Not saying Megson didn't, but sometimes with Megson you felt there was a bit too much chest beating bravado, which I suppose is a by product of being so passionate about it being a fan of the club. Jones seems to know what he's doing but has enough professional disconnect from the situation to talk about it objectively and with calm.

Before anyone kicks off that's in no way a dig at Megson. Last weeks events annoyed me likely as much as they annoyed anyone else. But I am pleased with the way Jones has spoken publicly so far. He's saying all the right things and coming across well.

Can only be good for Madine

Dave Jones: "I know a lot of the players here. I scouted players such as Madine and Lines when I was at Cardiff" #swfc

Seems to be being set up for the new scapegoat by a few fans, so good to see he had admirers even at Championship level before we got him. Think he will suit Jones' style of play superbly.