Dave Jones Pre Match Press Conference

I must have missed the 50% that beat the first man.

His delivery is awful

Must have had your eyes shut for a fair bit of the game.

Rob Jones had two headed chances and Danny Batth one, which ended on top of the net in the first half.

But yeah, I agree the other 50% were poo .

Guest pops55

I'm sure most people on here have never uttered their true feelings when talking about their boss and glossed it over a bit.

If a compliment here and there makes it easier for Milan to put his hand in his pocket, will you be moaning that he is a yes man then when improving the squad?

Just about to type the same + 1

Just because you keep repeating this it doesn't make it right. Cardiff got to the F.A. Cup final under Jones and finished 7th, 4th and 4th the last 3 seasons.

They are currently outside the play-off places without any games in hand. They have more chance on missing out than making it. Is that progress since getting rid of Jones?

yes it is fella, Dave Jones was on 800k a year, mackays on 300k. Jones and all his overpaid loanees cost us well over 12 million DEBT in one season, when the loanees went back DJ left us with a squad of 13 players. TOP MANAGER, pah. good luck lads, good luck

yes it is fella, Dave Jones was on 800k a year, mackays on 300k. Jones and all his overpaid loanees cost us well over 12 million DEBT in one season, when the loanees went back DJ left us with a squad of 13 players. TOP MANAGER, pah. good luck lads, good luck

So basically, you are a mid table championship club, Jones came and gave you some sort of comparative success, Jones has gone and you're going back to where your club belongs.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

So basically, you are a mid table championship club, Jones came and gave you some sort of comparative success, Jones has gone and you're going back to where your club belongs.

like i said DJ left us with a tiny squad after the loanees went back. mackay has come in and had to rebuild, we might finish outside of the playoffs this year, but i`d swap all of DJ`s seasons for this one, the team are all owned by us and you can see the passion from them and our new manager. we got to wembley AGAIN without Dj and gave a performance from the heart, and every cardiff fan can see it. in malky we trust

like i said DJ left us with a tiny squad after the loanees went back. mackay has come in and had to rebuild, we might finish outside of the playoffs this year, but i`d swap all of DJ`s seasons for this one, the team are all owned by us and you can see the passion from them and our new manager. we got to wembley AGAIN without Dj and gave a performance from the heart, and every cardiff fan can see it. in malky we trust

Nice, but....

Basically..

one step back to go 5 forward, lets be honest , 1 step back is still 5 forward for your "MASSIVE"club :biggrin:

Time will tell, but in my lifetime I've seen my team win at Wembley twice, granted I've seen them lose there twice too. My team has finished runners up in the top division and lost another cup final and although they were both in my lifetime, I was too young to be in attendance. I've seen my team finish 3rd in the top division, I've been to countless semi-finals, I've seen my team in Europe, what have you seen your club do?

So while we may not be all that MASSIVE at the moment (a label which was given us by our nearest neighbours) I fancy our chances of getting back to the top table better than yours.

I might also add that I've just been part of a 36,000 attendance at a third division game, I was also in attendance for the boxing day massacre in 1979, when 49,000 supporters were inside Hillsborough for a third division game, what kind of attendances does your club get for league games?

I should add that 49.000 is still a record attendance for the third division, I may also add that we still hold the record attendance for one set of supporters for a play-off final, which was in Cardiff.

you can't blame the loanee strategy on Jones - the executive team plan the strategy and i suspect Bellemy etc. were a planned, one season gamble, which Jones played his part - it failed but at least you went for it - rather than being satisfied with a championship life club membership. I suspect you're a tad bitter that your bitter rivals sneaked up on the rails un-noticed

Heres a quote from a Cardiff fan in that link. "Well I guess what Dave is thinking is, well If Im going down Ill take the club with me. he is going to drag this club back where it was when he first come here."

I'm sure our chairman hasn't structured him a 800k a year deal we can't afford. Lets hope he can take us there, and everyone is paid suitably.

Heres a quote from a Cardiff fan in that link. "Well I guess what Dave is thinking is, well If Im going down Ill take the club with me. he is going to drag this club back where it was when he first come here."

I'm sure our chairman hasn't structured him a 800k a year deal we can't afford. Lets hope he can take us there, and everyone is paid suitably.

theres always one sherlock holmes :biggrin:lol

When did I say I didn't like Megson? At least I could buy into what he was saying, see the pride of being our manager oozing out of him.

Jones? Just another 'football' guy who will hang round our club for a bit, get the sack and walk out with a nice pay out feeling no different to the day he walked in.

When did I say I didn't like Megson? At least I could buy into what he was saying, see the pride of being our manager oozing out of him.

Jones? Just another 'football' guy who will hang round our club for a bit, get the sack and walk out with a nice pay out feeling no different to the day he walked in.

But that's just the way it is these days, sadly

you presume a lot

what kind of supporters would we be if we all thought like you

the key word is "supporter"

Jones has a lot to prove.

Where is he going to go if he fails with us?