Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager - VOTE HERE

Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager?  

652 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager and why

• Paul Ince
    • Dave Jones
    • Lee Clark
    • Sean O'Driscoll
    • Paolo DiCanio
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Billy Davies
    • Gordon Strachan
    • Dan Petrescu
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Glenn Hoddle
    • Steve Bruce

Guest thekelch
Please elaborate on why he would be such a shocking decision.....

Three years with the highest budget and best striker in the league, yet no nearer to automatic promotion. No other managerial experience.

THEKELCH, providing public service information.

Guest thekelch

Most of the managers linked seem pretty uninspirational. Megson gave us an identity because of his affinity with the club. he gave us a reason to be proud of our manager and our players.

Some of those bandied about would doubtless do OK jobs, and I'm sure some would do poor jobs. However, there's very few which I think would give us that special identity again.

Except I think someone like O'Driscoll, who would transform the club and give us that something extra - that spark, that special reason why you skip up the steps on your way to Hillsborough because you can't wait to get in the ground - albeit in a totally different way from Megson, by making us the Barcelona of L1!

anybody fancy a clough sacked from derby in the 70s style protest to get meggo back?

Remind me how that turned out?!

Guest thekelch
davejones.jpg A playoff win on his CV with Wolves. A promotion from League 1 on his CV with Stockport. Plays attractive, positive football. All things Megson lacks. JUST SAYING...

I think you'll find Megson's CV includes twice as many promotions to the PL and beating Bayern Munich over two legs with a reserve team.

JUST SAYING

As a long term manager I would quite like SOD.

However, I think he would take too long to put a squad together and we could just kiss this season goodbye.

If SOD was hired but put on gardening leave until June I think we could be playing some great football next season, whatever division we are in.

In the short term someone who would make a big impact. Not sure who but would have to accept that it was a 16 match contract at best.

Having said that, I would prefer Megson to anyone else, short or long term.

Edited by durhamowl3

I want the same thing I always want when we find ourselves looking to a new manager.

A bit of excitement, someone the fans can get behind and give a lift.

I can see only two people who would do that at this time, unfortunately I don't think either are even in the reckoning.