Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager - VOTE HERE

Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager?  

652 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager and why

• Paul Ince
    • Dave Jones
    • Lee Clark
    • Sean O'Driscoll
    • Paolo DiCanio
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Billy Davies
    • Gordon Strachan
    • Dan Petrescu
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Glenn Hoddle
    • Steve Bruce

Guest thekelch

If people are constantly moaning about our style of play - how on Earth has Mick McCarthy got more votes than Sean O'Driscoll

S'oD would need a full clear out.

hardly any of our players would suit his style.

Our players are on contracts, 1/2 years remaining and i cant see many teams que'ing up to buy them ... and Mandaric wount fund a squad overhaul .

Current SWFC squad & S'oD = Match made in hell.

Guest thekelch
Mccarthy would be about the only manager that would lighten my mood a little, I just cant see him wanting to come to this circus of a football club though. He is a Championship manager at worst

He should be sat at home playing Championship Manager at best.

Please lets be imaginative, get a coach that plays exceptional football and builds for the long-term: Sean O'Driscoll

Guest thekelch
S'oD would need a full clear out. hardly any of our players would suit his style. Our players are on contracts, 1/2 years remaining and i cant see many teams que'ing up to buy them ... and Mandaric wount fund a squad overhaul . Current SWFC squad & S'oD = Match made in hell.

Not sure about that, think he could get the best out of Lines, Prutton and Bostock and Madine would thrive on the service he would get. Also think Buxton, Llera and Reynolds would be his kind of defenders.

S'oD would need a full clear out.

hardly any of our players would suit his style.

Our players are on contracts, 1/2 years remaining and i cant see many teams que'ing up to buy them ... and Mandaric wount fund a squad overhaul .

Current SWFC squad & S'oD = Match made in hell.

by that reasoning we could only have a manager who players defensive football to replace megson.

I don't agree. We have got plenty of players who can play that way, they just have to be picked and in the right combinations.

Whoever it is will be in by the week end OS just says Evans in charge of 1st team duties NOT in charge for forthcoming match at Rochdale.

Of those touted Dave Jones possibly best option, judging by some of the comments from Cardiff fans. Seems he was starved of funds there but almost got them to the promised land.

Guest Buxtonian

Why don't we stand back and look at reality. We have a club that's been turned round, is currently in THIRD position in the admittedly inferior League, have just beaten our high flying neighbours before a sell-out crowd, then we SACK the manager!!!.

Whilst not being a big believer in Megson, I have to admit he was doing a decent job. The thing we have to face now is not who WE want for a replacement but purely and simply what idiot would be prepared to take on a club that has a quicker turn-over of managers than it does of players.

Guest thekelch

by that reasoning we could only have a manager who players defensive football to replace megson.

I don't agree. We have got plenty of players who can play that way, they just have to be picked and in the right combinations.

Beholder - we disagreed on Megson many times - I thought he should stay because he was Wednesday through and through and I thought he was doing a good job in difficult circumstances. But thats all gone now and if I had to design a new manager, he'd play short passing football in a 4-2-3-1 formation, have a record of promotion from this level, be an innovative forward thinking coach and build a good youth system.

That man is Sean O'Driscoll - allies in this cause?

He should be sat at home playing Championship Manager at best.

Please lets be imaginative, get a coach that plays exceptional football and builds for the long-term: Sean O'Driscoll

Mate SOD would need time, Milan wont give him the time, it would be a completely pointless appointment, I still want Megson over Mccarthy anyway, its just that the thought of appointing Jones or Ince scares the poo out of me

Why don't we stand back and look at reality. We have a club that's been turned round, is currently in THIRD position in the admittedly inferior League, have just beaten our high flying neighbours before a sell-out crowd, then we SACK the manager!!!.

Whilst not being a big believer in Megson, I have to admit he was doing a decent job. The thing we have to face now is not who WE want for a replacement but purely and simply what idiot would be prepared to take on a club that has a quicker turn-over of managers than it does of players.

Any manager looking for work in a market full of unemployed managers and is promised funds to spend

Basically what we are getting now then is a manager that is L1/lower Championship standard, a manager who has been out of work for God knows how long and are holding onto one good stint at a club for years or a fresh face in football that could be hit and miss.

We just sacked a manager who has more passion than the next manager and who is actually a higher Championship/lower EPL standard manager and a successful one at that. I don't want to comment on the next manager because whoever it will be, I think it's a step backwards.

you missed mine- gary megson.

Agreed.

He was the man for our club at this time, im still so shocked that Milan could do this now, to even think of a new manager.

And if it was a bustup then sorry Milan im fully on Megsons side for that, especially given your previous history.

Milan cant keep falling out and sacking managers, even it is because he is so ambitious. Sooner or later its going to bite him on the arse...I really hope thats not with us.

I cant think of any realistic appointments that id rather have than Megson. The likes of Curbs etc would all be unrealistic.

Edited by swfc-dan

Paul Ince No Votes, that will do it for me... Please Please Please Not Him, anyone other than Paul Ince, How about gary megson, he would do a good job for us

100% agree with this post