Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager - VOTE HERE

Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager?  

652 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager and why

• Paul Ince
    • Dave Jones
    • Lee Clark
    • Sean O'Driscoll
    • Paolo DiCanio
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Billy Davies
    • Gordon Strachan
    • Dan Petrescu
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Glenn Hoddle
    • Steve Bruce

A depressing list. My vote would go to Keegan purely to bring a 'feel good' factor and put bums on seats. I would agree that this is a nonsence vote from me, however, apart from DiCanio (who appears a bit mental and would probably leave us for West Ham at the first opportunity), no-one else inspires me.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Surely John Sheridans name is in the hat.... got to be ahead of the likes of Ince, Clarke, and MM... and even Dave Jones if im honest....

Guest adam7485

my choice would be SOD, he had Donny playing some great football, and I honestly think we have the right players to do it. We have a solid defence as a base so why not give him a go :cool:

Guest thekelch

Football fans bemuse me sometimes.

Gordon Strachan - who was given half the budget O'Neill was at Celtic and had to dismantle the entire team and replace them with cheaper alternatives, yet still won three league titles and went further in the CL than O'Neill did - only gets one vote. Whilst Steve Bruce who has openly admitted that he doesn't even know all of the rules of the sport he's supposed to have played and managed in for 30 years gets three!

Don't worry Strachan wouldn't drop down to L1 anyway.

Edited by thekelch

Guest Sheff Owl

Look at these other managers out of work -

All i can say is OH DEAR -

Iain Dowie

Kevin Blackwell

Phil Brown

Martin Allen

Dennis Wise

Really puts it in to perspective, SOME of the out of work managers are just complete utter garbage.

Guest Big Guns

Kevin keegan would be the best choice

His attacking flowing football would soon see us in the prem and bring the fans back.

I honestly would rather still have Megson than any of the names linked. It will be Jones and imo he wont be able to improve on what Megson has so far, Megson was one of us and shared the passion we have for our club. Jones doesnt seem like a manager that will fill the players with confidence, whenever i have heard him speak he sounds so depressed and boring.

Wouldn't want any of the above. Wouldn't have wanted any of the above this time last year. Megson has done nothing but good for this club but we are where we are.

To be honest even if Mourinho took over it would still leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Di Canio is a loose cannon and has no real affinity with Wednesday. The best of the rest are no better cv wise than Megson but, unlike Megson, have not proved they can handle the job at Hillsborough. I have sympathy for Lee Clark as he has been treated shabbily like Megson but I would not want him at Hillsborough.

I think the only appointments that could soften the blow for me would be Curbishley, Nigel Pearson or Roly. However, they are unrealistic as two are in jobs and the other has just turned the Premier down. One of these or similar may soften the blow but would not justify the sacking of Megson.

I'm completely underwhelmed by the apparent choice.

If I had to pick one from the list - Mick McCarthy purely because he makes me laugh. Not a good way to choose a manager but it probably has more science about it than Milan's reason for sacking Megson.