Another winger?

Guest GreenGoose

Bostock and M.Jones have got to start producing something resembling football soon.

I don't mind Prutton out wide (despite the absolute bashing he's got on here after Sunday).

Can't see us going for another winger, I reckon this is the squad we have for the final push.

Every time Prutton gets the ball out wide, for a couple of seconds i think we've signed David Ginola.

I'd give Mike Jones more game time. Especially away from home.

With Bostock, i'd like to see him in the middle or as a different idea play him just off a striker supposing there comes a game when Megson needs a plan B or C.

Also, how long is JJ out for again? Antonio and JJ on the wings would be a laugh.

Every time Prutton gets the ball out wide, for a couple of seconds i think we've signed David Ginola.

I'd give Mike Jones more game time. Especially away from home.

With Bostock, i'd like to see him in the middle or as a different idea play him just off a striker supposing there comes a game when Megson needs a plan B or C.

Also, how long is JJ out for again? Antonio and JJ on the wings would be a laugh.

They said 8 weeks last week.

Jones made alot of chances for Lowe at Bury, here is a thought, why not play them together, like on the pitch at the same time or something radical like that.

Having said that I cannot think of a positive thing to say about MJ at the moment, jnor anything negative as he hasnt done anything yet, 4 games in to his SWFC career which is a little worrying.

Jones made alot of chances for Lowe at Bury, here is a thought, why not play them together, like on the pitch at the same time or something radical like that.

Having said that I cannot think of a positive thing to say about MJ at the moment, jnor anything negative as he hasnt done anything yet, 4 games in to his SWFC career which is a little worrying.

It would make sense to start the pair of them for the first time together at Rochdale, so they have that game under their belt in readiness for Bury next Tuesday.

I'll be pretty disappointed if they at least don't have some time together on the pitch on Saturday

Guest intercity0wl

Surely someone must have seen something in Mike Jones, otherwise why did we sign him

But so far he has looked way out of his depth

Ah yea, but was it Megson who saw this something you mention, Im sure I heard Ryan Lowe say somewhere that Megson asked him about his opinion on Jones, which suggests it was a name put to Megson rarther than someone who was initially on his wanted list.

Also for those saying we still need to bring in another striker, apparently according to RS early this morning GM has said that he is no longer looking for a striker, so that one is following the same well worn. pattern as usual re new aquisitions

Guest kylejswfc

I think he would have played Jones and Antonio against weaker opposition at home on Saturday, but went for a more solid midfield against United.

Jones didn't look great as we expected him to fill Marshall's boots, which he didn't. I'd rather have him on the wing than Prutton any day. I think he has been unspectacular but steady and I expect him to get better.

I'd like to see Bostock given half an hour in the middle instead of Lines to see how he plays when he is not out of position.

That's why we bought Mike Jones. I honestly don't think I've seen a more anonymous player in my time watching. Hope he manages to get into his stride at some point though.

For all I've seen of Mike Jones, he doesn't have single atribute you would want your regular winger to have.

Guest wewantsturrockback

Jones didn't look great as we expected him to fill Marshall's boots, which he didn't. I'd rather have him on the wing than Prutton any day. I think he has been unspectacular but steady and I expect him to get better.

I'd like to see Bostock given half an hour in the middle instead of Lines to see how he plays when he is not out of position.

To be honest i think saying hes been unspectactular is been a bit generous. the annonymous comment at the top of thread is more pertinent for me. did nowt against charlton, got subbed. other times i've seen him he's not done much/anything.

came on sunday, didnt put a foot wrong far as i could see, but he touched it about once by my count? certainly after he'd been on for a while me and my mates were questioning whether we had imagined him coming on as he hadnt touched it. never gonna be a direct replacement for ben10, but he has to start doing a lot more, FAST, otherwise his days will be numbered.