Another winger?

Antonio was great on Sunday but as with the rest of the season we lacked balance without a winger on the otherside. Do we think Megson will be looking to get another one in on loan?

I think with another winger automatic is still very possible, without it I think we might have to settle for the pla-offs.

Guest intercity0wl

Antonio was great on Sunday but as with the rest of the season we lacked balance without a winger on the otherside. Do we think Megson will be looking to get another one in on loan?

I think with another winger automatic is still very possible, without it I think we might have to settle for the pla-offs.

I have already, and would have done so last August.

I think we need to give Jones a run of games. I think he was kind of thrown in at the deep end after Marshall left and didn't live up to expectations.

Hopefully some game time will give him some confidence. There must be a good player in there otherwise the bury fans wouldn't have been so disappointed to lose him.

Highly unlikely I would imagine , considering we only play with one out and out winger anyway

^ this ^

Also, weren't we supposed to be trying to sign strikers last week?

An on fire goalscorer could help push us over thte line, but I assume we'd have to loan out the likes of Morrison & Sedgwick first..... How is Mellor's fitness now? lol

I guess it all depends on whether we've officially given up on automatic promotion yet.

Some players take longer to settle in, and sadly time is at a premium, maybe Bostock takes more time to settle...having said that I wondered how Antonio would do in that sort of cauldron and he seemed to revel in it, as did Semedo, Lines Jones Baath etc....I honestly think that was the difference on Sunday, United bottled it second half as the noise and pressure built, Wednesday put their chests out and went for it.

Without going down the MASSIVE route, think about Jones walking into that from Bury?..no offense to Bury but a steel city derby is off the scale from any division 1 game.

I said in a thread earlier in the week that the games against Stevenage etc were just as important in the grand scheme of things, obviously speaking parochially that was a load of tat...but when Wednesday fans turn up in numbers like that, are as vociferous bordering on vicious that...the place becomes a bearpit for opposition players...it can hinder home players at times...but as long as the opposition have more players hiding than we do..it helps immensely...The Blades had more players hiding Sunday