Milan Mandaric Please...

Guest Sheff Owl

We are so lucky to have Megson, im hoping all the doubters on here are starting to realise this

We have needed a total rebuild, this job is FAR too big for someone like Jones or Ince and I agree IF true then its an absolute disgrace, I wont be happy with Milan

lets hope its normal service resumed now we finally have a winger in that we have needed for the last 6 weeks and it can all be forgotton about

Exactly. Milan appointed Megson so he knew he was the man for the job but I think he may have underestimated what the fans really want. Hats off to Milan for rescuing the club but it's Megson that has made it good to be an owl again and that's more important to a lot of people than league position.

Could be a commercial own goal for Milan . I haven't renewed my ST yet and I'd struggle with the idea if GM went.

Exactly. Milan appointed Megson so he knew he was the man for the job but I think he may have underestimated what the fans really want. Hats off to Milan for rescuing the club but it's Megson that has made it good to be an owl again and that's more important to a lot of people than league position.

Could be a commercial own goal for Milan . I haven't renewed my ST yet and I'd struggle with the idea if GM went.

Did the chicken come first or the egg? I think they finally proved the other year that the chicken came first.

Mandaric hadn't arrived, the club would have spiralled, and Megson wouldn't have been here. People forget, there were no other viable buyers, and the winding up order had been served. Without MM, there's no Semedo, O'Grady, Reda Johnson, etc. Megson has certainly helped, but it's Mandaric, ultimately, who's made it good to be an Owl again.

I want Megson to stay, but it's irrelevant to whether I renew or not. The club's bigger than GM, MM, anyone, and has survived because the fans have continued to go, come what may. Long may that attitude continue.

And as regards approaching Jones, I'll be asking no questions. I have an issue with the initial decision to consider sacking GM, but once he's made that decision, the responsible thing to do is, sound out potential candidates. That's common practice. It's naive to think that, a manager is sacked and then the groundwork to replace him starts.

Wolves said they didn't do so because it's unethical. Nonsense. They didn't do so because they weren't planning to sack him until a humiliating defeat against WBA forced Morgan's hand.

Guest HelenTheOwl

I thought he sounded really gutted in the radio interview after the match even though he'd just led us winning the derby! I hope he stays and everyone backs him. Was silly to say he should go before today and is even more silly now.

One last thing, I think this story is far from over. I thought it was good to have two strong personalities at the top when times were good. When the relationship breaks down, which it appears that it may well have done, I don't see how it's sustainable and something has to give. I don't want GM to go, but it does prove to be the case, then it's the only outcome, as MM can't leave: nobody would buy us at the moment.

I'll be frustrated but my feelings toward MM will be tempered by the follwing. I try to look at the long-term future of the club, not GM or MM. Ultimately, like every fan, I want us back to the Championship and then the Premiership. The only way this way ever going to happen, was with the debt millstone being removed from around our neck. Look at the Championship, it reads pretty much as a wealth table. All the teams saddled by high debt and high gearing are at the bottom. If the Blades go up, there'll be in the same position. Thankfully, we won't, and that's why to me, MM is more important than GM.

Edited by Juror8

Did the chicken come first or the egg? I think they finally proved the other year that the chicken came first.

Mandaric hadn't arrived, the club would have spiralled, and Megson wouldn't have been here. People forget, there were no other viable buyers, and the winding up order had been served. Without MM, there's no Semedo, O'Grady, Reda Johnson, etc. Megson has certainly helped, but it's Mandaric, ultimately, who's made it good to be an Owl again.

I want Megson to stay, but it's irrelevant to whether I renew or not. The club's bigger than GM, MM, anyone, and has survived because the fans have continued to go, come what may. Long may that attitude continue.

Fair point - I just take view that Milan has made it possible but Megson has made it good. Wednesday have a strength in the club and fanbase that sets us apart - Megson understands it and uses it. I can't think of any other manager who could do that . The idea of Lee Clark for example turns my stomach and I wouldn't want to see him at our club.

Fair point - I just take view that Milan has made it possible but Megson has made it good. Wednesday have a strength in the club and fanbase that sets us apart - Megson understands it and uses it. I can't think of any other manager who could do that . The idea of Lee Clark for example turns my stomach and I wouldn't want to see him at our club.

I'm with you. Lee Clark better stay well away from our football club. I know you didn't do this, but I'm just getting REALLY tired of the: I'm really grateful MM saved us, but ....... there is no BUT. if he hadn't, then it was doomsday scenario.

I hope MM doesn't read this forum.

He is a Serb. They take umbridge very quickly and sulk. Very, very loyal whilst they think their people care for them but rapidly turn if they feel slighted.

Remember, he is in charge and can throw his dummy out of the pram any time he likes.

Whilst I am posting, I want to say that today was a very very PROUD day for the CITY OF SHEFFIELD. Thank you to ALL who made it so (MM included)>

I hope MM doesn't read this forum.

He is a Serb. They take umbridge very quickly and sulk. Very, very loyal whilst they think their people care for them but rapidly turn if they feel slighted.

Remember, he is in charge and can throw his dummy out of the pram any time he likes.

Whilst I am posting, I want to say that today was a very very PROUD day for the CITY OF SHEFFIELD. Thank you to ALL who made it so (MM included)>

hope he,s very,very loyal to our Gary

Hope MM comes out and rubbishes all this chatter.

I'd be gutted if GM goes because I think he is doing a brilliant job and hasn't been backed fully.

It's Milan's prerogative to spend what he wants but I feel Megson is about 2/3 players away from having it spot on for this league and I get the impression MM wants to do it as cost effectively (cheap) as he can.

I'm annoyed. This thread has completely arisen out of a lazy media driven muddying of the waters. MM did back the manager when he was asked. Megson never said he felt backed or otherwise. He merely stated that the kind of job he has always has pressure with it especially if you lose games on the trot. He wasn't justifying himself to MM he was explaining to Andy Giddings. The interview was terrible - we learned almost nothing about Gary Megson's opinion of the game. A game they'd built up over weeks and weeks. We won, he gets one or two questions on the match, then a tirade of questions about his job position. Giddings should have moved on after his first answer and found out more about the game. REALLY POOR. Felt like calling in, to ask if he felt his job was safe.

I'm annoyed. This thread has completely arisen out of a lazy media driven muddying of the waters. MM did back the manager when he was asked. Megson never said he felt backed or otherwise. He merely stated that the kind of job he has always has pressure with it especially if you lose games on the trot. He wasn't justifying himself to MM he was explaining to Andy Giddings. The interview was terrible - we learned almost nothing about Gary Megson's opinion of the game. A game they'd built up over weeks and weeks. We won, he gets one or two questions on the match, then a tirade of questions about his job position. Giddings should have moved on after his first answer and found out more about the game. REALLY POOR. Felt like calling in, to ask if he felt his job was safe.

Agree with you. RS have completely overplayed this 'no smoke without a fire' to hype something that didn't need hyping. They should concentrate on providing commentary for people that can't get to the game and not playing at being investigative journalists. Radio stopped being the source of breaking stories some time ago.

I'm not reading anything into this at all. Meggo was a bit down, so rumbleing what? I'm a bit down after the previous few results, even after todays game. If he'd been all smiles then there would be people criticising him on here for doing so whilst we weren't in the top two. As for not commenting on his job security, no football manager in their right mind would publicly state that their job is safe.

To give a balanced view I have to admit that I didn't hear the interview because I don't listen to the piggy or more people born out of wedlock, there was no way I was going to have my day spoiled by comments about how the blades were unlucky...

FFS milan was supposedly buying rangers the week before last!

after today i think it would be a tad stupid to get rid of GM the players ran their heart out today and imedietly cellebrated with the manager after the goal , the togetherness was evident in spades , if Milan throws that away , there has to be something wrong somewhere ,and it aint a team problem methinks

Edited by trevdi9