Milan Mandaric Please...

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Come out and and give the fans, the manager and the players some clarification on the future of gary megson.

Listened to the interview with Megson and reading between the lines he doesn't seem to have a clue on his future.

The players showed today they are fully behind him, they worked their socks off and the running over to him after the goal.

He gave the Pig's some banter with the banging of his heart and showing his badge after the fans calling him a bishop basher.

The fans showed their backing and appreciation with singing his name even at 0-0.

If all the rumours are true about other managers and talks etc IMO i love MM for what he has done but that's flipping bang out of order, i expect better from my football club to approach managers while we still have one. LIke i said it could all be bullshit and i hope it is!

Guest 1066owl

Am sure MM is backing GM really but agree he should publicly back him

rumours always abound in footy especially with a few ropey results hopefully

we can get back on track after today and chase that 2nd spot.

I'm not sure anything needs to be said or done. The dreaded chairman's vote of confidence isn't worth anything. How many times do you see chairman do it, and then sack the manager three weeks later.

Whilst Megson is in a job, he can safely assume he's got the backing of MM, and all he can do is win our next game, and game after that. That's got far more value than any talk or the issuing of any statements. The loan signing of Antonio is tacit evidence of backing, and hopefully, we'll see one more arrival this week.

No bold gestures of grand statements are needed. Hope GM and MM stay out of the news this week, and we just go quietly about our business.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

What he needs to do is meet GM personally, apologose for the rumours that he has created with meeting DJ...and reassure GM face to face that he continues to be our manager for the rest of this season and the whole of next....

Sod what they say in public this has to be personal reassurance that is what counts....

Guest Sheff Owl

The problem is Megson doesn't even know where he stands and if he doesn't then could that have a knock on effect to the players?

I mean they obviously want him to stay, they obviously want to play him for.

But the main thing for me is IF all the paper talk is true then why the flip is our Chairman approaching managers while we still have one? that is not fair is is just basically a kick in the teeth for Megson, the fans and the players.

I expect better from our chairman, i'm sorry people might think that is harsh but it's just unbelievable.

Just really hope its a load of crap.

Even I would back him now after that victory.

However if you put it in context- our form since new year has been poor. It's not that surprising that he has been under pressure is it?

Who would you bring in to replace him if you were thinking he should go?

Even I would back him now after that victory.

However if you put it in context- our form since new year has been poor. It's not that surprising that he has been under pressure is it?

Guest Sheff Owl

What he needs to do is meet GM personally, apologose for the rumours that he has created with meeting DJ...and reassure GM face to face that he continues to be our manager for the rest of this season and the whole of next....

Sod what they say in public this has to be personal reassurance that is what counts....

Apparently PA met with Lee Clark last week. Rumours of course.

bit of a loaded question markowl...not like you.. lol

like i said, best to sick with him now. This could be the turning point where we kick on.

Listen, Megson's a professional - like any other manager, he knows he'll be judged on results. Today is one step forward to automatic promotion, which must be a priority. Keep the results coming and he'll be fine, he knows that. The only reason Milan can dismiss him is if the football dosen't improve and the results become erratic as they have been.

I think he'll be fine, but no manager is safe in the modern game. Get your head down Gary and show us all you're the right man!