jamie vardy

Fleetwood have a wealthy backer so don't need to sell players to keep the club going that's why there asking for more than a mil because they know no one will pay that do he wil have to stay and help them with promotion.they said any club that bought him in jan would have to loan him back for rest of season.he told me he had spoke to the chairman about leaving and was told that he wasn't goin anywhere and that even if someone bid 5 mil they would reject it.i think someone will buy him in summer but who or what standard is anyone's guess

Guest Bri The owl

Remember him when played in same team as my lad, might have been 9-10 yrs old when they played for York county, could see he had talent then, head n shoulders above anyone else,just wish we had money to sign him

We haven't had a decent attacker come through the ranks in ages, Owen Morrison was probably the last one.

We signed Owen Morrison when he was 17, he hardly came through the ranks.

Wednesday have let quite a few very good players go over the years lets hope we learn from our mistakes

It happens to every team. I'm certainly not going to get too worried about a player that suddenly finds his feet almost 10 years after being released. The important thing for us is that we seem to be fixing the issue we've had with scouting - not being able to identify the right players has been one of our biggest problems for a long time.

Edited by oz_owl

Guest Big Guns

So you must be decent why any I seen any papers linking owls with s35owls

Obviously muppets who don't realise just how good you've got to be to play at that level and vardy shines at that level.

It's unfortunate he's been priced out way too high

It happens to every team. I'm certainly not going to get too worried about a player that suddenly finds his feet almost 10 years after being released. The important thing for us is that we seem to be fixing the issue we've had with scouting - not being able to identify the right players has been one of our biggest problems for a long time.

owen signed for the owls when he was 16

has to get his life outside football sorted before someone in top divisions will take a gamble on him.

clubs are not throwing money at players now who have questions marks when they do the diligence on them

I think hes a different person he was 2-3 years ago as knuckled down