Please comment if you were one of the 15,900 who attended last night

Guest In_Milan_We_Trust

Good post Skipton you post alot of sense and i pretty much agree with your player ratings. They basically did a smash and grab on us, they never looked like scoring but got a goal and we made it easy for them in the second half by lumping balls up to our front men which they defended easily. The only times we looked like scoring were when jj managed to get in behind them and put a cross in. One of which Madine should have broke the net with. However Madine doesnt look interested at the minute but he needs to snap out of it sharpish. How the keeper saved (well got his face in the way) of that defelection i dont know but we just arent getting the rub of the green at the moment. We have missed Reda something rotten in these last 2 matches the balance of the team is all to c@ck hopefully this will be addressed on Saturday.

As much as it hurts the pigs are now in pole position for 2nd spot however we cannot role over and surrender we have to keep fighting. There are still 45 points to play for and as much as everyone who went last night is more than likely p i s s e d off we need to support the team more than ever. We need to turn up at Chezzie on sat in full voice and show the boys we still believe. All the cliches in the world can be used but the fact of the matter is we have 15 cup finals left. It is now a time to roll our sleeves up and get on with the job in hand one thing we cannot have a go at the players for this season is effort. Sometimes we lack the quality yes but we have a team of grafters and for me compared with seasons in the past is a refreshing change.

Remember this is Sheffield Wednesday we never do anything easy. If theres an easy way or a hard way to do things we always end up doing it the hard way thats just the Wednesday way we all know that. When you signed up to the cause did you not all read the small print.

"We will make you smile but we will break your hearts over and over but you will still keep coming back for more"

15 matches, 45 points sing lound sing proud and believe. WE ARE ALL WEDNESDAY RNT WE.

UTO

WTID

Went but didn't get there til the 30th minute, think Lines is far better playing central with Semedo, and Madine needs dropping, give Lowe a run in the side, and actually play Mike Jones in his best position, the right wing, JJ down the left and something might click! Buxton and Reda at full back, D.Batth and Llera CB's and that side should be more than enough to see Chezzy off imo!

I went and I agree with alot of your ratings. For the goal originally Semedo gave the ball away cheaply then didn't track back, and Bywater should have caught the cross which went out for a corner.

It's only now we are realising how much we relied on Ben Marshall.

totally agree about the build up to the goal,why a keeper cant come and claim a ball around the six yard box is beyond me

It's games like yesterday that make my teeth bleed. The atmosphere is tense in a uncomfortable way. The 16k are loyal and passionate and when it's going well there is no better place, when it's not going so well . . . . .

The majority of the non attenders last night who are going next week are Utd haters rather than Wednesday Supporters.

Why is COG undroppable. Megson thought it was his best game? What planet is he on. He's 100% effort but that's it. LIke a better Lee Peacock

I quite like Cog but we have become so one dimensional and predictable , when we had BM here the Ball went to GOG or Madine and their main function was to get the ball down and give it to Marshall ,now when they get it they do not know what is required of them,

COG had a thankless job last night. We could have carried on for hours like that and not scored.

JJ was great but the team can't sit back and allow him to be the only threat. We've been there before and it doesn't work.

Kept thinking that had Reda been in the side he would have made a difference but what that really meant is we were missing passion and determination.

Hoping that the non-performers and attitude issue players will have taught themselves a lesson and Stevenage will be another turning point again.

Guest wednesday_1987

SHOULD PLAY SEDGEWICK, BY NO MEANS THE BEST BUT BEING WEDNESDAY AT LEAST HE'LL SHOW SOME PRIDE AND PASSION. MAYBE IT WOULD RUB OFF ON THE OTHERS, ESPECIALLY IN THE DERBY

L0l at the nit picking about what the north stand were singing. Any noise is better than no noise ffs.

Generally, it will be the one's that sit there in silence for 90 minutes who moan about what others are singing - that's irony!

I will sing if there is anything to sing about. i enjoyed the away matches at Oldham and Preston. When we were 4-2 up against Hudds it was fantastic. The play off final against Hudds will be just as good.

To be fair, I wouldn't like to be a striker in our team. With no proper with wingers other than JJ (if he ever decides to pass the ball) we are never going create much. Playing central midfielders out wide who are not going to beat a man and create a chances, we might aswell just go 4-3-3. Ben Marshall is loss, but he was never our player in the first place.

Good post Skipton Owl, I have only just started coming onto the site and definitely one of the most balanced I've read.

For me our squad have has been overachieving whilst in second. We started the season with the fourth biggest squad budget and i think we will probably finish in a place that reflects Milan's outlay.

Ever since Marshall left (yawn i know) we have missed that outlet who can keep possession and as a consequence we are resorting to long ball every time. I know M Jones hasnt had the best start but we really are desperate for some balance on the opposite to JJ so i would give him a start saturday. Madine is a huge sulk but the service has been dire since he came back. He is our best finisher so Megson must find a way of getting him back to form.

What I don't like about Megson at present is how he slates the players post match every time we lose. Sometimes this is the right thing to do but do it repeatedly and you lose the players' trust and faith. The negativity coming out of S6 last night was like a flashback to this time last yr. We all need to get behind the team because they don't have the ability to play their way out of trouble.

Madine was poor but i was in the family stand with my dad and had to get up and have a right go at our own fans for cheering when marine was bought off, agreed he was poor and should have been bought off but that sort of behaviour cannot possibly help so if anyone here was guilty of such happenings either keep your mouths shut apart from in support of the tam or don't both coming back. thanks.

I was there so i'll comment, all i'll say is people like to get at their own fans for which games they attend make me laugh. for example the derby, a game like that then you would rather there only be 16k there just so those that werent at the stevenage game dont attend? get a grip. people with circumstances beyond their control HAVE to pick and choose games in todays climate - so why should they be pointed the finger at ??

just to add I am a season ticket holder who has been to most away games just to clear up any doubts on that front.

re last night Madine looks like his head has just gone altogether, COG was his usual workhorse self but thats about it. Semi is garbage and should be nowhere near a spot at right back whilst buxton is fit, rather play bennett who at least has a left peg to balance it a bit.

We were very poor last night as a team. Megson knows it, we know it, the team knows it.

Giving Jones and Morrison a 3 from when they came one is ridiculous though.

Last night some fans managed to out do the team. The abuse Madine got when he couldn't reach JJs ball along the goalmouth was disgusting. He was awful last night but there's a difference between justified stick and completely negative and detrimental abuse that helps no one.

I'm as gutted as any Wednesday fan by our January form but the speed at which some fans have reverted back into that fickle, abusive and completely ignorant mould is scary.

Guest mikeglossopowl

The original post is one of the most sensible I've read on here for a long time. We've been going backwoards over the last 3/4 (home) games and whatever it is that's causing it needs to be rectified immediately, or we'll be turned over at Chesterfield as well.

Although many of the team had a poor game (JJ was MOTM by miles) my main concern was Megson's body language, which said, 1/2 way through the 2nd half, that he didn't have a clue what to do. His interview afterwards also didn't inspire confidence, and I'm not even sure he was watching the same game as me!

As for ratings-

Bywaters-4. The way the defenders panicked when the ball was in the box, to me, showed they have no confidence in him

Otsemebor-4. Whats gone wrong here? He was playing really well when he came back but now looks like he doesn't want the ball and is dreadful defensively

Batth- 7. Good game, but distribution poor....needs to take more care

Rob Jones-4. When hes turning it's like watching a slow motion reply. Normally meets everyting in the air so Stevenage played to feet.

Buxton-7. Played well but wasted on left

Semedo-6. Worst game I've seen him play, but with him it may be fatigue. Still won most balls but distribution poor.

Prutton-5. Couldn't seem to get to the ball or use it.

Lines-7. Another solid game, but his set plays were awful. Why must one person take every one? Is there something wrong with variety?

JJ-8. and MOTM. Only player with any spark. Needs to apss now and again.

Madine-4. Looks latharic (sp), and his lay off has definately affected him. Perhaps he needs another lay off to get fitter

O'Grady-7. He had a tidy game but did most of his work wide when he should be in the box.

I think we're in play offs this season and, with our style of play, I don't think we'll go any further