Please comment if you were one of the 15,900 who attended last night

Guest Ecclesall_Owl

Really was football to slit your wrists to last night. What depressed me more than the lack of composure shown by most of our players was the lack of desire. Repeatedly in the first half especially the number of times we had a crossing position, some of them actually good and there was only 1 of our players in their box (usually madine as cog had dropped into the channel to set up the cross) was scandalous.

Given that we don't break at great pace that can only be for a couple of reasons. Firstly our midfield are sitting to deep to get there or secondly because they do not have the desire to get into the box. Given the number of times people didn't show for passes throughout the game my guess is it's a lot of the second combined with some of the first. One striker against 3 or 4 defenders is unlikely to score.

Not wanting to get in the box and not showing for passes is symptomatic of a distinct lack of confidence (if I don't put myself in positions to make mistakes then I won't get slagged for making em). This started to creep in after the Huddersfield game and with a few exceptions has continued since then. This needs addressing very quickly as unless it is there is a serious change we will start to slip down the table. Whether it be a couple of loans or a change of management thinking/style I don't know but it needs sorting.