Seems Brentford want to frustrate and silence us lot Tomorrow.

Guest intercity0wl

The fans do still get on the players backs. Even if it is 0-0

Agree with this.

There have been a few occasions where the players have been getting frustrated. Colchester and KFC Dons spring to mind. There were times where we were sat back while the opposition where passing the ball around midfield. They were causing us no problems what so ever but sections of the Kop where screaming for the players to push up and press the opposition. I found it bizzare because as I said they werent causing any problems, however a lot of Wednesday fans have no patience.

This has been Brentfords game plan every time we have played them at Hillsborough, remember the Mad Dog Allen team? The team last year?

We need to be patient and give the players our 100% backing and drown out the negativity

UTO

Ten years of watching many players (not all) in a Wednesday shirt going through the motions uninterested and picking up more in a month than most fans do in a year has made many fans bitter and a little too ready to criticise. Times have changed though, Megson will not put up with this and gradually the fans can see the change. I know it's only third division football but I get excited about going these days.

Ten years of watching many players (not all) in a Wednesday shirt going through the motions uninterested and picking up more in a month than most fans do in a year has made many fans bitter and a little too ready to criticise. Times have changed though, Megson will not put up with this and gradually the fans can see the change. I know it's only third division football but I get excited about going these days.

Summed up perfectly.

I think youve summed it up there. For the first time in donkeys I actually cant wait for saturday to come round. I still get nervous and expect the worse but that's because its all Ive been use to.

Another thing is I dont really panic anymore when we are getting out passed, because as this season has proved, as soon as we do string some sort of attack together we always look like scoring. When was the last time we could say that?

I hope Brentford do come with the mentality to frustrate us. Hopefully this will mean that they'll be sitting back because we will eventually open them up, be it the "good" football route through Marshall & Buxton and Semedo & Lines or the "direct" route through O'Grady and the movement of Lowe.

We have so many different ways of playing and trying to break teams down that i'm very confident that we will score in every game we play.

Colchester sat back and got slapped and we should have wracked up four or five, if Brentford have the same mentality then the result will be no different (and that's without Gary Madine).

Edited by BRADDAZ

We have so many different ways of playing and trying to break teams down that i'm very confident that we will score in every game we play.

We've only failed to score 3 times this season and 2 of those were the reserves in cup competitions. In the league only Bournemouth have shut us out.

We've only failed to score 3 times this season and 2 of those were the reserves in cup competitions. In the league only Bournemouth have shut us out.

It's excellent. I put it down to various styles of attacking play we're capable of. We can play good football, we can play direct football, we are excellent at set pieces. We don't just have a Plan A or a Plan B, we have a Plan C and D. I think the fact that so many different players have scored for us this season proves that and it's the first time in my lifetime of watching Wednesday regularly that we have such variety in our play and it gives me so much confidence that if we haven't broken a team down in the first half or we are a goal behind that we can and will probably score at some point to get something from games.

Also, so much for "negative" Megson that so many opposition fans and some Wednesday fans call him or have done in the past.

it's a great stat - but on the flipside, we haven't half rumbleing shipped some goals away from home.

Our away form is what really worries me. We are magnificent at home. Seriously good. It's the first time in what feels like forever that we actually have a 'fortress' at home. Our record this season has been pretty remarkable.... but - it's also the only thing keeping us in with a shout of promotion. If we have a rocky patch at home and we haven't cracked the away form, we could fall away pretty fast. It does worry me.

Also, so much for "negative" Megson that so many opposition fans and some Wednesday fans call him or have done in the past.

We've scored at least twice in all seven of our league games at Hillsborough this season.

Although obviously most of these were because we fouled the keeper from a set piece.

Some interesting predictions from their fans. Some think because Madine is suspended we might struggle L O L

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94758&page=1

No doubt in my mind it will be a tough game, and as some of them say, they might end our home run, but i'm still quietly confident to be honest.

Let them think that, write off Lowe and O'Grady at their peril, they'll find out exactly how we roll come 4:45 on Saturday. If they really are coming into the game with this attitude I'm afraid it's going to be 'shock o'clock' form them

it's a great stat - but on the flipside, we haven't half rumbleing shipped some goals away from home.

Our away form is what really worries me. We are magnificent at home. Seriously good. It's the first time in what feels like forever that we actually have a 'fortress' at home. Our record this season has been pretty remarkable.... but - it's also the only thing keeping us in with a shout of promotion. If we have a rocky patch at home and we haven't cracked the away form, we could fall away pretty fast. It does worry me.

We've picked up 10 points from the last 5 away games (won 3, drawn 1, lost 1). 2 points per game as Megson wants.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Fair point, but since the Stevenage debacle we have picked up 10 points from the last 5 away games.

EDIT : Pffft - oh_weds_we_love_you was clearly copying me.

:biggrin:

Edited by DJMortimer

We've picked up 10 points from the last 5 away games.

Exactly.

It's steady improvement.

Unfortunately the first two away games and defeats against Bury and Bournemouth make the stat's look poor. But let's be honest we're a completely different animal since those games. We have an inform Madine, a fully fit O'Grady, a settled Chris Lines, a new signing of Ryan Lowe and most importantly Ben Marshall.

The Stevenage game was bizarre and something i very much doubt we'll see from this team again. Totally out of the blue.

Steady improvments are there for all to see away from home IMO.

We've picked up 10 points from the last 5 away games (won 3, drawn 1, lost 1). 2 points per game as Megson wants.

Fair point, but since the Stevenage debacle we have picked up 10 points from the last 5 away games.

EDIT : Pffft - oh_weds_we_love_you was clearly copying me.

:biggrin:

Oh I know - I agree - but would you be confident enough to say we had 'cracked it' away from home? I know it's a pretty subjective question... and our points haul since that Stevenage clusterrumble is solid - but I guess what I am saying is if we had to play all our matches this season at home I would be extremely confident of us getting automatic promotion. We might have appeared to turn a corner since Stevenage but I always feel like we are susceptible to wee pipe it up when on the road - and while we might have taken 10 points from our last 5 away games, we've conceded 8 goals as well.

I just think if Megson or the players can find some way of taking whatever it is that makes us so good at home and applying it to when we are away we will be serious, serious contenders. Not that we aren't at the moment but... you know what I mean.

tl;dr we are quality at home but prone to conceding a hatful when away. That concerns me a bit.

as long as we keep winning and picking up that 2 point average though who cares.

At 0-0 against Mk dons and I think sflaphorpe aswell,

"megson sort it out, megson megson sort it out"

From some fans in the north, it was embarrassing.

Could understand if we were 3-0 down or something but chanting that at 0-0 isn't going to give players confidence surely.

We were winning vs Sflaphorpe at HT I think. I cant remember any bad feeling towards the players.