Seems Brentford want to frustrate and silence us lot Tomorrow.

Guest intercity0wl

The fact that Clayton Donaldson is A) considered a decent player, and B) probably their main goal threat says a lot about the overall quality of League 1.

Brentford are one of the better teams we will play this season, and it will be a tough game, but we should beat them.

I think they'll be around the top 6 come May if they can keep their squad fit. I'll be very interested to see how Niall McGinn plays. I was surprised when he went there on loan I think he's a good player.

Edited by edinburghowl

One thing for sure...the mini bus full of brentford fans won't have any bearing on the result however, all of us getting behind the lads really makes a difference as some of the beaten managers have said this season " then the crowd got behind them and it was an uphill struggle from then on " to paraphrase what Colchester and Rochdale's managers said so we've got to make it as intimidating as we can because some teams will fold under the pressure

One thing for sure...the mini bus full of brentford fans won't have any bearing on the result however, all of us getting behind the lads really makes a difference as some of the beaten managers have said this season " then the crowd got behind them and it was an uphill struggle from then on " to paraphrase what Colchester and Rochdale's managers said so we've got to make it as intimidating as we can because some teams will fold under the pressure

100% agree.

I think some of us think a bad result is just around the corner because of the sh!t we've endured over the last 10 years or so and that's understandable. Some fans don't actually want to believe the good times are here because once again understandably they don't want to get excited and for the umpteenth time get kicked in the goolies as has happened time and time again over the last decade. You think we are there then WHACK! Here we go again.

I think we might have turned the corner this time and bizzarely this might have actually started to happen straight after our last meeting with Brentford?

Spot on. Our support is an additional weapon not a hindrance.

I think some of us think a bad result is just around the corner because of the sh!t we've endured over the last 10 years or so and that's understandable. Some fans don't actually want to believe the good times are here because once again understandably they don't want to get excited and for the umpteenth time get kicked in the goolies as has happened time and time again over the last decade. You think we are there then WHACK! Here we go again.

I think we might have turned the corner this time and bizzarely this might have actually started to happen straight after our last meeting with Brentford?

its been 15 years since some of us last had continued hope :tongue:

Edited by modboy

Ten years of watching many players (not all) in a Wednesday shirt going through the motions uninterested and picking up more in a month than most fans do in a year has made many fans bitter and a little too ready to criticise. Times have changed though, Megson will not put up with this and gradually the fans can see the change. I know it's only third division football but I get excited about going these days.

Spot on.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

It will be a very hard game tomorrow...biggest test so far I think...pretty astute manager and they will work very hard to frustrate us...hopefully our depth in the squad and ability to change the shape of how we play will win the day but I will be happy with a point....and I think we will go behind...

The player to watch tomorrow is Prutton's old mate Douglas. I know he scored a corker for Swindon at Hillsborough last year, and I'm pretty sure he scored in the game at Swindon too. Myles Weston was the name to watch last season, but I haven't heard that much about him this year, his form seems to have dipped a bit.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

reyt hope wi turn them over, cant stand brentford, typical arrogant chip on their shoulder cockneys, can see them sneakin a 1-1 draw though

What I think is just around the corner is the benifit of Megson exploring different ways to score. Though the home record could go at any time (fickle nature of football, the crap refs) I feel that many of the ways of scoring could come together all at once for Megson and someone .'. could be set for a massive tonking.