If I was a Blunt....

apart from being suicidal, I'd be seriously worried about where the season was going.

If that's the best they have they will struggle to make the top 6. Take the blue n white specs off and be unbiased, they were aweful first half and not much better after the break. If we had scored first we would have mullered them.

Let them whinge and moan about the ref / fouls on the keeper / etc etc.... but the more intelligent blunts (is there such a thing???) will be seriously wondering where the season is gonna go.

I'm cauciously optimistic about where our season is going - I cannot imagine for one minute there'll be many blunts thinking the same about their prospects.

We've played some good sides at the Lane over the last few years, but this isn't one. Evans, Porter and Cresswell won't score enough goals, they've got no creativity and their centre halfs look cumbersome. The goal keeper is also an obvious weak link.

Quinn is a decent player, and they've made 2 good loan signings this week. That said, I think they'll struggle to make the play-offs.

The bit I'd be most worried about (if I was a United fan) was how deluded Wilson's comments were after the match. How on earth did he think they defended well for the first 85 minutes when we created 18 shooting opportunities, at least 4 or 5 of which were clear-cut chances.

For the last couple of months our shot conversion rate has been nigh on 100%, if we carried that on today a 5-1 result wouldn't have been out of the question comparing both side's chances.

on the flip side, all 4 goals in the game were pretty fortunate

hmmm don't agree totally.

Their first was of course, but their second was well worked - they did a job on JOC after seeing who he was marking.

Our first was well worked also - Jones did very well to head the ball into a danger area and not go for goal.

The bit I'd be most worried about (if I was a United fan) was how deluded Wilson's comments were after the match. How on earth did he think they defended well for the first 85 minutes when we created 18 shooting opportunities, at least 4 or 5 of which were clear-cut chances.

For the last couple of months our shot conversion rate has been nigh on 100%, if we carried that on today a 5-1 result wouldn't have been out of the question comparing both side's chances.

Exactly.

They were so poor at the back if we had been on our game up front it'd have been a cricket score.

We've played some good sides at the Lane over the last few years, but this isn't one. Evans, Porter and Cresswell won't score enough goals, they've got no creativity and their centre halfs look cumbersome. The goal keeper is also an obvious weak link.

Quinn is a decent player, and they've made 2 good loan signings this week. That said, I think they'll struggle to make the play-offs.

i dunno about simonsen being suspect. If it wasn't for him it would have been 2-2 at half time alone with his two saves against the woodwork.

hmmm don't agree totally.

Their first was of course, but their second was well worked - they did a job on JOC after seeing who he was marking.

Our first was well worked also - Jones did very well to head the ball into a danger area and not go for goal.

i don't think our first was well worked - anything could have happened, it just so happened to work for COG

They went 2-0 up against run of play..Very bad defending on our part..But was against the run of play and they claim they sat back after they got the second??

If we had gone 2-0 up at home against them we'd have gone for the jugular FACT

They were wasting time after 35 minutes!!!!!!

They reminded me of ourselves last year.

Basing optimism on false hope. Too many names with experience who longer are up to the job...

Williamson and Quinn are their two gems, yet Williamson doesn't always play, and Quinn will be off in January if they get an offer for him.

If Wilson honestly believes they played well today, then that's a real issue for them. Although I don't think even Wilson can be THAT naive...I think he knows United fans will need no excuse to turn on him, and so had to gloss over a very ordinary performance.

One of my flatmates is a blunt and insists they were the better team, we were crap and the only thing we were good at was outmuscling them.

Utter testicles if you ask me but he refuses to admit we were the better team and he's not normally a bad blunt he usually speaks the truth

I was saying to my bro and a mate at the game when we were 2-0 down...

If that result stayed the same and you were getting grief off the Blunt at work etc. just have a ten quid bet with them all that we would finish above them.

Make an absolute fortune.

They were very ordinary and if we had been as clinical as we usually are in front of goal we would have comfortably won that.

18 attempts on goal from an away side in a Derby game is a lot.

For the manager to come out and claim they defended well for 85 minutes...

Well that's a sign the man doesn't really know what he's on about.

United won't finish in the top six this season.

I think they were very average and we didnt play to our recent high standards, which is understandable under the circumstances, but what I do know is we will finish above them at the end of the season (then I can collect my winnings) !!!

Still think they are an unknown quantity really. I think that the likes of Evans and Quinn can turn a game for them when needed, but they will need to compensate for two awful central defenders, the likes of Morgan mustve been agitated at their panicking during aerial battles.

I think if they are able to afford to keep Evans and Quinn they can make the playoffs, as they proved today, they can do damage even when on the back foot, but if not they wont. I remember the big spell of pressure before half time which was difficult but other than that it seemed to be us asking most of the questions.

Bramall Lane is always a tough place to go for Wednesday, the atmosphere was pretty hostile and I think the first goal was always crucial today. United have certainly fallen from grace and dont have that grittyness that they used to have but I'd have taken a point before the game.

Not sure if I should be unhappy at not winning really? I thought first half we seemed pretty good going forward but for 35 minutes of the second half we were poo !

For the first time ever in the away derby though, at 2 down, I thought we could get something if we scored.

Edited by Bluesteel