If I was a Blunt....

Still think they are an unknown quantity really. I think that the likes of Evans and Quinn can turn a game for them when needed, but they will need to compensate for two awful central defenders, the likes of Morgan mustve been agitated at their panicking during aerial battles.

I think if they are able to afford to keep Evans and Quinn they can make the playoffs, as they proved today, they can do damage even when on the back foot, but if not they wont. I remember the big spell of pressure before half time which was difficult but other than that it seemed to be us asking most of the questions.

Bramall Lane is always a tough place to go for Wednesday, the atmosphere was pretty hostile and I think the first goal was always crucial today. United have certainly fallen from grace and dont have that grittyness that they used to have but I'd have taken a point before the game.

Not sure if I should be unhappy at not winning really? I thought first half we seemed pretty good going forward but for 35 minutes of the second half we were poo !

For the first time ever in the away derby though, at 2 down, I thought we could get something if we scored.

Spot on.

Guest Triplej2

They reminded me of ourselves last year.

Basing optimism on false hope. Too many names with experience who longer are up to the job...

Williamson and Quinn are their two gems, yet Williamson doesn't always play, and Quinn will be off in January if they get an offer for him.

If Wilson honestly believes they played well today, then that's a real issue for them. Although I don't think even Wilson can be THAT naive...I think he knows United fans will need no excuse to turn on him, and so had to gloss over a very ordinary performance.

They genuinely feel they "Took their foot off the gas" and were far the better side, with us playing total hoofball.

That level of delusion is a surefire sign of a club heading seriously in the wrong direction.

We've all come on here in the past or in the pub and admitted when we've been beaten by a good united side, conversly we've all admitted when we've been a bit fortuitous. These clowns, right down to the more intellectual ones and blokes of an age who should know their football believe they dominated today.

This deep denial is just another one of the stages of football grief. It's actually quite a phenomenon, denial on such a mass scale.

They genuinely feel they "Took their foot off the gas" and were far the better side, with us playing total hoofball.

That level of delusion is a surefire sign of a club heading seriously in the wrong direction.

We've all come on here in the past or in the pub and admitted when we've been beaten by a good united side, conversly we've all admitted when we've been a bit fortuitous. These clowns, right down to the more intellectual ones and blokes of an age who should know their football believe they dominated today.

This deep denial is just another one of the stages of football grief. It's actually quite a phenomenon, denial on such a mass scale.

I agree...I don't understand how they can claim to have sat back when they was never on the front foot or bossing the game.

It is massive denial...But did not expect any less from them to be honest...

I'd be worried. When they play a decent side they struggle. Before the season they said they would NOT rely on loans, and now they are. They said there would be no offers and there are.

Defeats at preston and Orient and what will be the attendance v. MK, then Exeter??

Guest LCDC1889

Blade here in peace, in all seriousness. I think myself to be a pretty decent lad who follows United home and away. As i said im a total blade BUT i cannot accept that we were the better side at all. in fact we were extremely fortunate to come away with anything but a bit of a mullering. First half i actually think was pretty even in terms of chances with us scoring a goal that jones should have done better with initially from the ched cross and a very good header for the second (albeit O'Connor has to do better). Simonsen kept us in it first half with a cracking save from Marshall and a very good second save when you hit the post. Second half you just bombarded us. I do think it was a foul on simonsen for your second but it was 50/50 and in a game of this magnitude, you sometime get them and sometimes dont. But seriously think you were the better side overall and played to your strengths in the air. however i disagree you are a long ball side becuase for me Madine is as good on the floor as he is in the air.

Like i said, i know im not going to be poplar with being a blade but i just wanted to give a balanced view from our side and hope that it's ok.

Blade here in peace, in all seriousness. I think myself to be a pretty decent lad who follows United home and away. As i said im a total blade BUT i cannot accept that we were the better side at all. in fact we were extremely fortunate to come away with anything but a bit of a mullering. First half i actually think was pretty even in terms of chances with us scoring a goal that jones should have done better with initially from the ched cross and a very good header for the second (albeit O'Connor has to do better). Simonsen kept us in it first half with a cracking save from Marshall and a very good second save when you hit the post. Second half you just bombarded us. I do think it was a foul on simonsen for your second but it was 50/50 and in a game of this magnitude, you sometime get them and sometimes dont. But seriously think you were the better side overall and played to your strengths in the air. however i disagree you are a long ball side becuase for me Madine is as good on the floor as he is in the air.

Like i said, i know im not going to be poplar with being a blade but i just wanted to give a balanced view from our side and hope that it's ok.

You're haunting me now...

I'm not sure whether I'm still awake or asleep.

Do I need help or is blade posting stuff on Owlstalk that doesn't make you instantly think of the phrase "Fairness in Football" followed by the legendary photo of Sean Bean?

Edited by g-owls