Prutton fit for Pigs game

Guest pops55

Just thought having one of each side would be more difficult to defend as attacks and top draw crosses would come from both sides of the pitch than one? Not sure what Prutton's left peg is like TBH!

I'd like to think Bennett has done enough to warrant a start with a decent showing on Saturday, but Reda has been a rock at left back. I don't like changing winning teams unless absolutely necessary (JOC had a bit of a shocker Saturday, so I'd see that change as necessary).

Didn't Prutton score with his left foot on first day?

I just think Megson will pick Reda for his height/heading over Bennett who is better with his feet but doesn't really like heading a ball.

I think Reda is nailed on , Clarke would not have scored on Sat if Reda was marking him , Bennett let him have a free run for the goal and yes he was detailed to mark him .

As i said in another thread it might work with Bennett playing LS midfield , but i am sure Meggo will make the right decision .

Bywater

Buxton Jones Baath Reda

Marshall Lines Semedo Prutton

Madine O'Grady

Looks solid to me, with quality in the right places.

This for sure, just swap Lines & Semeeedooo around..

Subs - O'Donnell Bennett Palmer McGoldrick JJ

If Lowe is 100% then him instead of McGoldrick, but only if 100% no use putting him there if not quite right, which McGoldrick is...

Im glad Prutton is back as he is better than JOC, but why all of a sudden is everyone picking him for the wing position? You wont get the best out of him there imo, but for me this just emphasises how short we are on the wing when were choosing between palmer, O'Connor and Prutton for wing positions when there all central midfielders.

My second point is that this is a derby game, as we all know this game WILL be 100 miles an hour, Prutton has only just returned to training, he wont be fully match fit and he may be abit rusty, i would not start him on sunday on the wing for those two reasons, im not sure i trust JJ there yet with the defensive duties he seems to ignore so id go with palmer in place of O'Connor

Im glad Prutton is back as he is better than JOC, but why all of a sudden is everyone picking him for the wing position? You wont get the best out of him there imo, but for me this just emphasises how short we are on the wing when were choosing between palmer, O'Connor and Prutton for wing positions when there all central midfielders.

My second point is that this is a derby game, as we all know this game WILL be 100 miles an hour, Prutton has only just returned to training, he wont be fully match fit and he may be abit rusty, i would not start him on sunday on the wing for those two reasons, im not sure i trust JJ there yet with the defensive duties he seems to ignore so id go with palmer in place of O'Connor

*tuts*

The decision has already been made utOwls, we are just waiting for clearance from Megson. :rolleyes:

Bywater

Buxton Jones Baath Reda

Marshall Lines Semedo Prutton

Madine O'Grady

Looks solid to me, with quality in the right places.

That would be my team as well mate and i suspect it will be what Megson goes with.

Had a sneaky feeling for a while that Prutton would be fit for this game, one he hopefully he will thrive in.

I would have Reda come back in at left-back.

Palmer on the right, Marshall on the left. They can always switch.

McGoldrick to partner Madine.

The above would give us a good blend of defence and attack minded players and youth mixed with experience.

Plus a bench of ROD, Bennett ,JJ, Prutton and COG would be a MASSIVE help later in the game. Pretty impressive bench at league 1 level.

i think GM has a couple of really tough decisions to make

reda for bennett, to re-instate a player who didn't figure in the previous (winning) game could impact on morale, however, can you justify leaving a player out because he has been deemed good enough to represent his country

prutton/jj for joc, prutton or jj would improve our eleven, however joc has played in the teams last four victories

the easiest option for GM would be to stick with the same side and keep the competiton for places at a premium

i feel he may do just that, everybody knows where they stand that way

Yeah some tough decisions for the manager Two things struck me in the match against Chesterfield, one JOC is no nearer playing himself back into form and needs resting, secondly O'Grady is not yet fit enough for a full match. He worked his socks off but didn't pose a single threat to the Chesterfield goal. Bringing in Prutton if he isn't fit may also be a risk, although I suspect even a half fit Prutton would be more effective than the woefully out of form JOC. So Johnson for Bennett, though I wouldn't be too disappointed if Bennett kept his place, Prutton for JOC and McGoldrick for O'Grady.

For me its got to be Reda for Bennett and either Palmer or Prutton for JOC, however, someone metioned Bennett at left midfield and that may be a good shout.