Prutton fit for Pigs game

Guest pops55

Move Marshall to the left so we have a quality wide threat from him and Buxton on opposite sides (easier to mark Marshall and Buxton on the same side of the pitch anyway), then play Prutton on the right and keep everything else same from Saturday.

I know Marshall plays left and right but what about Prutton? Twould be a shame to break up the very effective right sided pairing we currently have. Not sure I agree it's easier to mark them when on the same wing.

I know Marshall plays left and right but what about Prutton? Twould be a shame to break up the very effective right sided pairing we currently have. Not sure I agree it's easier to mark them when on the same wing.

I agree, part of the reason they have been so successful in recent games is that they have linked up really well together. They seem to have a decent understanding of the runs each other are going to make. I'd leave them both on the right to begin with, then take it from there.

Not going to get carried away but everyone coming back from injuries and with the current squad we are starting to look pretty bloody formidable...am keeping the lid on for the present but we are begining to look like a team that can adapt to different kinds of opposition and have options when we need to change the game for whatever reasons.....

...as for Sunday...all bets are off for me...it's a Derby game and with the Wednesday Way still with us I'm stil going to be worried about just which team turns up....and I am potentially concerned that if GM get's them too fired up we may be down to 10 men within the first 20 mins...starting to get wobbly legs now...exciting stuff :-)

Just thought having one of each side would be more difficult to defend as attacks and top draw crosses would come from both sides of the pitch than one? Not sure what Prutton's left peg is like TBH!

I think Reda may come in for Bennett again.

I'd like to think Bennett has done enough to warrant a start with a decent showing on Saturday, but Reda has been a rock at left back. I don't like changing winning teams unless absolutely necessary (JOC had a bit of a shocker Saturday, so I'd see that change as necessary).

Just thought having one of each side would be more difficult to defend as attacks and top draw crosses would come from both sides of the pitch than one? Not sure what Prutton's left peg is like TBH!

It's about the build up involved in getting the ball into crossing positions. Marshall and Buxton work it well down the right, and marking isn't straight forward for the fullback/midfield as they don't know which one of them to pick up. If they send 3 players out to these 2 we can just switch it back into the space in the middle to lines.