WELL DONE THE BIZZLE

Guest Wildman1867

Well done the Bizzle in getting rid of ROD, who's next on your list -Palmer cos he's young as well and needs the experience. I personally hope that ROD takes this on the chin and comes back to prove you wrong, although after the campaign that you and scram started to get rid of him i couldn't blame him if he didn't want to stay.

Him and Jameson loook like being the next best thing to come out of the academy but they will probably go the way of other young prospects that we have had previuously and leave , mind you that would probably please you as we don't want players who aren't fully experienced now do we.

In fact why don't we scrap the academy altogether - that wouldn't be any good though would it as you wouldn't have anyone to target if there are no youngsters would you.

Most of the wednesdayites on here backed ROD and we are only 4 points off the top of the table but that's not good enough for the likes of you is it, you'd much rather prefer to slag off our players especially the younger one's who need the playing time to get the experience so they can become future players for us .

although you are entitled to your opinion i personally think that the campaign that was directed at ROD was totally out of order -

FUNNY YOU NEVER MENTIOINED IT WHEN WE WON GAMES ?????

What kind of world do you live in?is it one where Owlstalk is at the very centre?Where the opinions of faceless posters can have a direct influence on real life player transfers?Do you believe that Megson reads Owlstalk and makes his decisions based on what some posters think?

Move into the real world.

ROD has the makings of a very good goalkeeper.

There are two things though that are vitally important.

Firstly that we do all we can to get promoted.With a young keeper we will drop more points than we would with a more experienced keeper.In such a tight league that is too high a price to pay.

Secondly a young keeper being left in the firing line no matter what,where every game is massively important,every mistake he makes is scrutinised and criticised,is no good.It could destroy him as a goalkeeper and he could not ever reach his undoubted potential.

The club is bigger than a single player.ROD needs removing for the good of the club in the short term and the good of ROD himself in the long term.

Look at the bigger picture rather than letting your sentiments to the young players get in the way.

We all want the best for the club and ROD and this is it.

What kind of world do you live in?is it one where Owlstalk is at the very centre?Where the opinions of faceless posters can have a direct influence on real life player transfers?Do you believe that Megson reads Owlstalk and makes his decisions based on what some posters think?

Move into the real world.

ROD has the makings of a very good goalkeeper.

There are two things though that are vitally important.

Firstly that we do all we can to get promoted.With a young keeper we will drop more points than we would with a more experienced keeper.In such a tight league that is too high a price to pay.

Secondly a young keeper being left in the firing line no matter what,where every game is massively important,every mistake he makes is scrutinised and criticised,is no good.It could destroy him as a goalkeeper and he could not ever reach his undoubted potential.

The club is bigger than a single player.ROD needs removing for the good of the club in the short term and the good of ROD himself in the long term.

Look at the bigger picture rather than letting your sentiments to the young players get in the way.

We all want the best for the club and ROD and this is it.

^^ this X1000 ^^ +1 from me!

Guest Parky1867

Why would one young players potential development be more important than the club as a whole?

Bizarre reasoning..

Despite that though, I do agree the huge campaign created by Scram against ROD was disgusting and just took things too far.. And to join forces with that bet welching cun* really is low of him.

Guest Wildman1867

i am entitled to my opinion and i think that the way some people - i retract scram if this is wrong - seemed to blame ROD for everything and not look at the wider picture which is that our defence has also been poo for the last few away games.

Guest Deleted member

I thought this was gonna be about finally paying a bet he welched on some time ago

I must admit - I thought that too...

Theres still time to pay Bizzle.

£10 to Weston Park Cancer Charity for the bet I had with you (and 19 other Owlstalkers) that L:eon Clarke would score more goals in the season than Akpo Sodje. I was prepared to underwirite my own losses of £200 to Weston Park (and for what its worth I actually paid the £10 you refused to pay having lost your bet)

But heres one last chance to pay up. And I'd be delighted if you paid it to them and not me. But please supply proof of payment as given your past record - I hope you won't be too offended if I don't take you at your word.

Thanks

I said that we should sign a more experienced keeper to cover for Weaver's absence through injury and that ROD lacked experience and consistency. I am guilty, what is my punishment?

I could have sworn that this forum was about people expressing their opinions about Sheffield Wednesday. Does it make you a bad person if you express an opinion that even our manager agrees with?

Guest Deleted member

I said that we should sign a more experienced keeper to cover for Weaver's absence through injury and that ROD lacked experience and consistency. I am guilty, what is my punishment?

I could have sworn that this forum was about people expressing their opinions about Sheffield Wednesday. Does it make you a bad person if you express an opinion that even our manager agrees with?

Youre really going for it arent you? (Ive plus one'd you for that one too)

Guest mikeglossopowl

ROD is progressing nicely, but doen't need, at this stage in his career to be over exposed. Provided everythings been discussed with him, he'll be fine, and is a superb prospect for the future

Dear Scram

You absolute devil! How dare you make a balanced comment about young ROD. The way that you fairly compared and contrasted his ability and experience against other young goalkeepers was utterly vile. Don't you know that sensible posts aren't allowed on OwlsTalk you heretic!

Disgusting!

Yours (not)

Shandy

I like ROD he's a good keeper and sure to be no 1 for a few seasons and would like to have seen him get a little more time. However it's hard to argue when we've just signed a keeper of Bywater's quality. If we'd signed some old codger that was worse than ROD them we would all have something to moan about.

I'm sure ROD will use it as a learning curve and come back stronger next time he gets his chance, it's all experience for him.

Well done the Bizzle in getting rid of ROD, who's next on your list -Palmer cos he's young as well and needs the experience. I personally hope that ROD takes this on the chin and comes back to prove you wrong, although after the campaign that you and scram started to get rid of him i couldn't blame him if he didn't want to stay.

Him and Jameson loook like being the next best thing to come out of the academy but they will probably go the way of other young prospects that we have had previuously and leave , mind you that would probably please you as we don't want players who aren't fully experienced now do we.

In fact why don't we scrap the academy altogether - that wouldn't be any good though would it as you wouldn't have anyone to target if there are no youngsters would you.

Most of the wednesdayites on here backed ROD and we are only 4 points off the top of the table but that's not good enough for the likes of you is it, you'd much rather prefer to slag off our players especially the younger one's who need the playing time to get the experience so they can become future players for us .

although you are entitled to your opinion i personally think that the campaign that was directed at ROD was totally out of order -

1/10

Must try harder and not fool around in Class.

whatever you think of the bizzle, if you think he got rid of ROD you stupider than you sound.

And at the end of the day its Megsons head on the line,not yours.

Edited by owlsdreamer