Lee Hughes..

Guest Big Guns

my dad was knocked off his motorbike by a drunk driver and he died.

I'm 27 and sang along with the rest of the lads and lasses today. If he was still playing when i'm 57, i'd still sing it to him.

If the boot was on the other foot and it was one of your loved one's he had killed your oppinion would be different.

He is a stain on Notts County and the game as a whole and deserves everything he gets. It's criminal he only served the few years he did after tearing families apart and wrecking lives. He has no remorse and has made jokes about it

in the past. What a flipping classless, horrible murdering piece of poo poo he actually is.

How can you in anyway say he doesn't deserve what he gets from fans? It seems to me you are the cretin.

Well said mate

I don't think its fair that i'm getting lumped in with people saying Lee Hughes has served his time in this thread at all,

I only talked about the fans and the fact that he didn't commit murder,

I think he's a thrower and deserves everything he gets, however the people bellowing out murderer for there own amusement are missing the point,

I wouldn't have much to say on ghe subject if it wasn't for a few muppets around me though tbf, laughing clapping and loving it they were, how can anyone condone that? Don't care how it made hughes feel,

If a relative of mine died at the hands of a drunk driver i wouldn't like people loving and enjoying singing murderer at lee hughes in the same fashion they would sing whats it like to steal a team or we all hate leeds scum, like it was a bit of match day fun

Guest Leebam

When lee came out of players entrance after match last night I couldn't believe my eyes, after walking out with his usual arrogance he reluctantly signed a few autographs then went as if to get back on coach but sneakily shifted away and sparked a *** up !!! Yes u read right he was smoking a *** and didn't care who saw him. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and if I hadn't seen him with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.

Did any1 else see this ?

I agree with everything he got yesterday, the man left a car crash for his own benefit, he could have saved the persons life if he'd acted to help rather than worry about not being breathelised. He served a sentence yes, but if someone you know got killed and they had left them for dead would you really want people saying "he's done his time" because the family have a lifetime without someone they love would you want him being cheered and earning thousands each week. I wasn't one of the people singing this but I did agree with it. End of the day he knew what he was doing when he got in the car and knew the consequences and still chose to drive. Anyone who believes he didn't deserve that needs a reality check and a bit of perspective if it was you. The man is a joke

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I cannot believe anyone could ever write that stuff....pathetic excuses and comparisons

To try and compare what he, and some others too, have done when in control of a car, drunk etc to people speeding is totally insane.

He knowingly drove a vehical whilst he knowingly was intoxicated and then killed a person and severely injured others. Then he knowingly ran away from the scene of the accident like the coward he is leaving those poor people alone for others to find.

Those are actions of a very poor specimen of a human being, a coward, a criminal and a pathetic killer.

Please do not try to compare others who speed with this animal.......

Decent human beings, once they know they are in the wrong, accept the blame and more importantly, the consequences. Get caught speeding, accept the consequences....a fine and possible a ban. Get into a car after drinking, drive like lunatic and kill someone, you deserve to be locked away for ever. Unlike the poor people who lost a family member, he had a choice..........they didn't.

I wasn't comparing what he did afterwards.. I was simply saying that if you speed and kill someone the result is the same the person is dead, you did it because you were speeding the same as if you were ove rthe booze limit, the same as if you had bald tyres on your car, you caused it by your foolish actions.

So all I am saying is I know there are people condemning him on here that routinely speed, and it is luck so far that they haven't killed someone.... I see it daily people KNOWINGLY driving like two hats... speeding and being very agressive KNOWINGLY....

and then they chant murderer... sorry but I donlt get it... I see dangerous driving every day that could easily result in someones death given some circumstances....

So I condemn Hughes and the fact the he ran away and the fact that he appears to be an all round arsehole...

BUT I am sickened by some peoples holier than thou attitudes on here when with a small change in fate, due to their speeding which some on here seem to say is OK... they could quite easily be in the same boat as Hughes having killed someones loved one...

SO I am saying those chanting murderer etc ought to have a look at themselves first ... same as I do....

That's what I think, and any really right minded person would think too.... as I say to quote the good book let him who is without sin cast the first stone etc... not preaching religion as I am an atheist, just showing why it angers me that some people judge others so easily.....

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Whats driving 5mph over the speed limit got to do with that this tail did?

Nothing?

And anyway it's not like breaking traffic laws were his only offences. The coward ran off to save himself at the possible detriment to someones life. Dont tell us not to accuse. No respectable human being would do what he did.

To be honest i think ur a w@nker for driving close to the limit 'when you were younger' It could have been a loved one of any of us that

you could have killed

Hey.... I am not going easy on Hughes for doing what he did, and when I did what I did it was 37 years ago or more when having a drink and driving was pretty routine for everyone... so put it in context hey, and the gfcat that although I thought I may be close to the limit when I git stopped I wasnlt I was negative so it's not the same BUT I learnt and don't even have one drink since then...

I am not excusing Hughes at all just highligting that there are some that ought to look at themselves a bit too..

It's been proved time and time again that 5 miles an hour does make the difference between life and death... and if you thinks thats acceptable then what does that say about you eh?

Hypocrite...

Guest TonyOwl88
...is a murderer song, completely out of order. Shocking what the guy did but a thousand or so singing this to him is not on. I bet there isnt a day goes by that he dosent think what he's done. He's done his time.

I'm sorry but the sentence didn't fit the crim in many people's oppinions, and its most deffinately unfair that he can come out of prison and get himself a job that earns him an absolute fortune.

Warnock has to live with the fact that he's a bishop basher ever day of his life, but nobody comes on and complains about that song. Double standards.

Hey.... I am not going easy on Hughes for doing what he did, and when I did what I did it was 37

years ago or more when having a drink and driving was pretty routine for everyone... so put it in context hey, and the gfcat that although I thought I may be close to the limit when I git stopped I wasnlt I was negative so it's not the same BUT I learnt and don't even have one

drink since then...

I am not excusing Hughes at all just highligting that there are some that ought to look at themselves a bit too..

It's been proved time and time again that 5 miles an hour does make the difference between life and death... and if you thinks thats acceptable then what does that say about you eh?

Hypocrite...

When did I say driving 5mph over the limit is acceptable? Highlight that part for me please

I don't know the facts and figures but I'm sure being p1ssed and drugged up is much more irresponsible than creeping over the limit?

Should not have been allowed back into football,

He wouldnt get a job in a lot of places with that on his record but somebody fooked off there morales to get a decent striker for free, thats how we got to this stupid point,

Football has no morals at the best if time. The amount of footballers who get pulled for drink driving is on the rise, even some managers are getting in on the act. What do they get a fine and a ban? Doesn't really touch the sides when your in football.

IMO, I would like to see the FA introduce a system where players would actually be banned for a set number of games if convicted of DD. It might not change the world but might at least make them think before getting

behind the wheel.

A footballer takes something they shouldn't for a cold, or their wife's slimming pill and they're banned for 6-9 months.

Going back to Hughes. After the Notts County game last year, I was walking back to my car behind a Dad with his daughter who must have been 4/5. She was wearing a Notts County shirt with Hughes on the back. Granted there is a chance that her surname was Hughes really made me feel uneasy.

Guest foreverSWFC

Lee Hughes made a mistake end of. He probably is a scumbag, i don't know him and i'm sure alot of the people on here commenting don't know what he is like.

But bear this in mind, do you really think he is laughing at the chants aimed at him? I don't the fact he has to live with it everyday of his life is torture in my eyes. Hughes is tryingt to put things right he does alot of work in the community.

I don't by no means excuse what he has done. However, he has two young kids, i wonder how they feel when people are chanting that their father is a murderer. It must be incredibly hard for him.

I don't think its fair that i'm getting lumped in with people saying Lee Hughes has served his time in this thread at all,

I only talked about the fans and the fact that he

didn't commit murder,

I think he's a thrower and deserves everything he gets, however the people bellowing out murderer for there own amusement are missing

the point,

I wouldn't have much to say on ghe subject if it wasn't for a few muppets around me though tbf, laughing clapping and loving it they were, how can anyone condone that? Don't care how it made hughes feel,

If a relative of mine died at the hands of a drunk driver i wouldn't like people loving and enjoying

singing murderer at lee hughes in the same fashion they would sing whats it like to steal a team or we all hate leeds scum, like it was a bit of match day fun

I for one appologise to you mate for putting you in that bracket, after reading back thru your posts last night I realized wot point you were making :)

On the Lee Hughes subject. I think we should put it to bed now, this guy really doesn't deserve all this attention every time he rears his ugly head against us.

He got into a car off his head on drink and drugs

and killed someone. It may not have been his

intentions when he started his journey, which ok

I accept it was an accident but wot he did after

that is wot determined his character.

He fled the scene of the accident leaving ppl for dead to save his own skin. Now nobody knows if the victim could have been saved had he

received medical attention, but we all know that

in that kind of situation speed is of the essence

in receiving treatment. For me that is wot makes him a first class scumbag of the very highest order

Guest scott_andrew_william

It's stupid, he should still be banged up or hung. He obviously knew the risks of what he was doing, he then left two people to die. Maybe if he stayed they both could have survived? But his selfish actions led to two peoples deaths, and he still gets to play the sport people love. The goal celebration last year denotes that he isn't remorseful. I hope he breaks his leg and never walks again, never mind plays football. I couldn't care for what people chant at him, I hate him, something along the lines of "Reda break his leg, Reda ,Reda break his leg" would have been more appropriate.

Guest SWFC24

The bloke is a murderer and doesn't deserve to play football because of this. The annoying thing for me is every time we play county this subject always seems to come up and it brings attention to him rather than our team playing well and winning.

Edited by SWFC24

Lee Hughes made a mistake end of. He probably is a scumbag, i don't know him and i'm sure alot of the people on here commenting don't know what he is like. But bear this in mind, do you really think he is laughing at the chants aimed at him? I don't the fact he has to live with it everyday of his life is torture in my eyes. Hughes is tryingt to put things right he does alot of work in the community. I don't by no means excuse what he has done. However, he has two young kids, i wonder how they feel when people are chanting that their father is a murderer. It must be incredibly hard for him.

Whilst I feel for the kids having a father such as him, but spare a thought for the kids, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, neices and all the friends of the people he killed. They will suffer for ever.

Sick of people forgetting who the real victims are in this country

He sentenced himself to the abuse he gets when he came back into football! H e deserves everything he gets too if it was just a normal person who did what he did his sentence would have been a lot longer and he even plyed football for the prison team!! He might have to live with what he did everyday but at least he gets to live! Unlike the poor bloke in the car he hit. if fans want to chant at him then let them go ahead and do it!