Alfreton Town v Sheffield Wednesday XI

Guest Saturday Owl

Megson stated when he took over that he had no interest in the acadamy, it is the first team that leads the club. I do agree to an extent, yes in the position we are/were in we need to be moving the first team forward, but the constant defeats and lack of any promising players suggests something is very wrong, i believe all acadamies are important, so for me we either change the approach to our acadamy or give it up because at the moment we are doing nothing for anybody.

He said the academy was basically hopeless and under no circumstances were the players ready for the first team. Not that he wasn't interested.

He said it was in NO state to push the 1st team.

Basically it was poo .

Guest scott_andrew_william

There are a couple of girls who are very shocked that Milan has tweeted them stating it was a youthful team, if he plays his cards right.

Guest totemowl
The kids are going to be demoralized when they see this all over the internet.

???? You seriously believe they will be more demoralised by seeing this on the Internet than having just lost a real match by 0-14!!!!

If that's so then they need to realise that the Internet and twitter has the attention span of a goldfish.

Then they can either give in or man up - which is what I'd expect them to do - and realise they have to work bloody hard to make the professional grade.

Guest Saturday Owl

Jesus this has more posts than the Stoke City matchday thread.

Hopefully the club will understand how pissed off we are, I and many others paid money to watch that.

Guest scott_andrew_william

This is embarrassing on a new scale, I think SM is over, I don't see how he can stay.

I agree that our academy has been very poor for years and that seein gthat scoreline is a bit embarrassing but lets havea bit of perspective here. Alfreton Town are in the BS Premier seperated from our FIRST team by just one division. The most high profile Wednesday player was someone who failed miserably at BS Darlington last season on loan (alfretons level). Our team was a very young side, most if not all of whom will not make it in the game. The four mentioned will be NOWHERE NEAR a first team competitive outing. I think Alfretons side was their strongest so a hammering is not a surprise. 14 is abysmal, I agree, but friendlies mean nothing anyway.

MM and GM are setting about transforming the whole club from top to bottom and have a huge job on their hands which may take time but I trust them to do it. MM has said we must trust him to get it right and it won't be easy. The important game is next Saturday, let's all make it a turning point in our history by turning up in droves to back the REAL team.

It will destroy them. At that age small things can make or break a player and this is massive. Somebody has dropped one big style.

Very true

Am I correct in thinking that Alfreton are now a conference side?

If this is the case, then this game should have been an early pre-season game for the first team like Darlington and Grimsby last year