Alfreton Town v Sheffield Wednesday XI

Guest Saturday Owl

We've accepted (and some at times have positively embraced) utter tripe from our academy - and to have given SM a 5 year contract was beyond insanity

We are now reaping the "rewards"

Some actually wanted McCauley as FIRST TEAM BOSS!!!

flipping hell, I've had about 15 emails today. Everton, Saints, every football fan I know has gears abiutt this and they are all piling in. or more people born out of wedlock

flipping hell, I've had about 15 emails today. Everton, Saints, every football fan I know has heard about this and they are all piling in. or more people born out of wedlock

Does seem to be everywhere , even had an old mate not heard from for a year or more text me to say good result . Arranging such mismatches does have an effect on our image overall. My mate assumed it was the first team as do many others i'm sure.

Guest We are Leeds

Think of a Stephen Hawkins type number that has loads of 000's in it and then ends to the powers of 10. :biggrin:

0.000000000000001/1?

Look how many zeroes there are after the decimal place lol

Edited by We are Leeds

...but what I find even more embarrassing is Wednesday removing it from the website as if it never happened.

That's just pathetic isn't it? It's like censorship by burning books. The club needs to face up to this catastrophic failure and take the necessary action to resolve it as promptly as possible (although this will of course potentially take a good deal of time), not behave like a four year old girl.

It’s interesting.

When I’ve been round the academy (admittedly not very often and not for about a year or so) the phrase that I would use to sum it up is;

“Bus driver talk”.

Maybe it’s just me, but when you catch the bus you have to put on the broadest Sheffield ascent when you speak to he driver?

Well, that’s how it seems up at Middlewood (not that there’s owt wrong wi a Sheffield ascent). The coaches who I’ve seen (mainly part time) speak like they are on a lads night out with the boys (even in front of the young kids). It hardly breeds professionalism.

I’ve seen young kids having a go back at the coach and not getting pulled up about it, I’ve seen some of the full time staff devise a structure for the evening down to the minute for the part time coaches to ignore it, and coaches filling in their log books on the night of the FA inspection.

On the face it it doesn’t seem as professional as it should be.

Obviously the above is my view, and I don’t have any coaching badges.....

Guest Andy_Lochhead

As long as the Americans' don't hear about this it's okay, but even Small heath alliance fans' are laughing at us, who are they?

Hello from Heroes & Villains site (Villa fans). We do have a thread on your close result yesterday but it hasnt really caught on yet, I think most of our lot must still be on holiday.

For your information Small heath Alliance is the original name for Birmingham City aka FC Dog S**t of Birmingham.

My point is I know your not going throught the best of times, but remember theres always someone worse off than you. I mean you could have an owner who has been arrested and put in prison in the far east which could result in what assets your club has being frozen, and all because the previous owners ( a bunch of dirty book sellers from the East End ) had sold the club to him in the first place. i.e the afforementioned FC Dog S**t. of Birmingham.

Sorry dont get to Sheffield much these days, although I did have a pleasant enough time there in January watching us knock your good friends down the road out the cup.

Guest foreverSWFC

It will all soon blow over, starting from next Saturday when we hammer Rochdale.

Can't believe the amount of messages i've received regarding this, but you got to feel for these young lads the publicity this is attracting cannot be good for their confidence.

Sorry to be the one to give you this breaking news, but I was just listening to the news on Radio 4 and they said that Ched Evans has been charged with rape.

Yes I'm aware of this 'Sonny' but thanks for informing me anyway.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Dont be a hater.

Guest Saturday Owl

Yes I'm aware of this 'Sonny' but thanks for informing me anyway.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Dont be a hater.

And what were you lot saying when Reda and Madine were in court?

For me I hope Evans didn't do it, and he gets no charges. Something you piglets wouldn't do.

It's interesting.

When I've been round the academy (admittedly not very often and not for about a year or so) the phrase that I would use to sum it up is;

"Bus driver talk".

Maybe it's just me, but when you catch the bus you have to put on the broadest Sheffield ascent when you speak to he driver?

Well, that's how it seems up at Middlewood (not that there's owt wrong wi a Sheffield ascent). The coaches who I've seen (mainly part time) speak like they are on a lads night out with the boys (even in front of the young kids). It hardly breeds professionalism.

I've seen young kids having a go back at the coach and not getting pulled up about it, I've seen some of the full time staff devise a structure for the evening down to the minute for the part time coaches to ignore it, and coaches filling in their log books on the night of the FA inspection.

On the face it it doesn't seem as professional as it should be.

Obviously the above is my view, and I don't have any coaching badges.....

That's not an academy - that's sunday league parks stuff

And without any doubt the fostering and perpetuating of such shoddiness comes from the top.

It's embarassing and heartbreaking to read tbh