Adam le fondre

Guest wilyfox

Tudgay is a much better player though. He'd score loads in league 2.

i'm not sure he would. i was a fan of Tudgay so i'm not knocking him; he's more of a second-striker linking with midfield than a prolific centre-forward.

Just an aside.

Andy Carroll was valued on Newcastle's books as a £500,000 pound asset in the fiscal year before they sold him.

Just saying you never know what people are prepared to fork out in this crazy game that's all.

Footballers are valued at cost.

£500k will be compo they paid for him or a transfer signing on fee.

Players through youth systems usually valued at nothing.

(for my accountancy exams the lecturer used Norwich's accounts as his example)

Guest 03 owl

BBC Radio Sheffield sport has spoken to #rufc chairman Tony Stewart this evening about a bid from #swfc for Lefondre and it was news to him.

HootSuite • 29/07/2011 17:26

I think He said not Officially had a bid ?

I bet ALF'S mobile is on fire lol

i'm not sure he would. i was a fan of Tudgay so i'm not knocking him; he's more of a second-striker linking with midfield than a prolific centre-forward.

He managed 14 in the Championship for us. I think he would score for fun in league 2 and also offer more to the team.

Guest wilyfox

He managed 14 in the Championship for us. I think he would score for fun in league 2 and also offer more to the team.

i don't think its a fair assumption to say that lower league = more goals for Tudgay. if he doesn't play as a centre-forward (and he rarely did for us) he's unlikely to score 20+ because he wont get in the sort of positions to do so.

besides, we brought Jeffers from the prem assuming he'd produce in a league lower. Eeeek!!

we brought Clinton from the champ assuming he'd score goals for fun. Eeeeeeek!!

see a pattern emerging...?

Edited by wilyfox

i don't think its a fair assumption to say that lower league = more goals for Tudgay. if he doesn't play as a centre-forward (and he rarely did for us) he's unlikely to score 20+ because he wont get in the sort of positions to do so.

besides, we brought Jeffers from the prem assuming he'd produce in a league lower. Eeeek!!

we brought Clinton from the champ assuming he'd score goals for fun. Eeeeeeek!!

see a pattern emerging...?

When was the last time Jeffers scored 14 in a season? Clinton isn't playing 2 leagues below where he last scored 10+.

You are right, if Tudgay was played as a keeper in league 2 he might not score at all.

I don't know what the point in this argument is, but Tudgay is better than Le Fondre.

Tudgay would be the best player in the entire division at L2. Alf isn't fit to lace his boots.

We have released Heffernan, why sign alf?!?

What?

What's Heffernan got to do with anything?

I was someone who backed Heffernan to the hilt last season when he was continuously getting overlooked. But the face remains, whenever Heffernan was given his chance, he didn't deliver.

Heffernan was released because gary megson didn't rate him. gary megson obviously rates Adam Le Fondre. And that's the end of the matter really.

Not too mention the fact, that if Le Fondre comes here and does well, his value will be massive compared to the sum were likely to pay. Of course there's an element of risk in signing someone like Le Fondre, but for potential resale value, I can't think of anyone in the Football League who offers such a massive margin.

He's already got a reputation of been a natural goalscorer. The fact that he's only done it at League Two level is clearly putting clubs off. Any club that signs him, knows full well, that if he scores goals, his value will at least treble within 12 -18 months.

There might be technically more gifted players, or players who seem a "safer bet," but in terms of future valuations, Le Fondre is one player who offers huge potential.

As a side note, Cody McDonald seems to be another player with the similar sort of potential in resale value.

P.S. I'm also not particularly "pro-ALF" I haven't seen enough of him to say whether he'll be a good signing or not. But going on his phenomenal goals record, and his obvious financial implications...it's clear to see why Megson and perhaps more crucially, Mandaric would be very interested in him, assuming they've done their homework, the like Le Fondre as a player.

Edited by frastheowl

Guest wilyfox

When was the last time Jeffers scored 14 in a season? Clinton isn't playing 2 leagues below where he last scored 10+.

You are right, if Tudgay was played as a keeper in league 2 he might not score at all.

I don't know what the point in this argument is, but Tudgay is better than Le Fondre.

you started an argument over a hypothetical scenario that has no foundation. stepping down a division does not necessarily mean superior quality will shine through. not once did i say Le Fondre was better than Tudgay. useless tw@ts tend to hear what they want to hear...

Edited by wilyfox

Le Fondre is so unbelievably overrated on here. He's poo !

I not sure how anyone can make such a sweeping statement about a player that has consistantly scored goals for the last 4 seasons. LIke many on here, I do wonder why not other team has already taken the chance on him but I wouldn't say that he's poo !