Adam le fondre

Guest JonTheOwl66

I not sure how anyone can make such a sweeping statement about a player that has consistantly scored goals for the last 4 seasons. LIke many on here, I do wonder why not other team has already taken the chance on him but I wouldn't say that he's poo !

:laugh:

Le Fondre is not a League 1 player, and yes he's scored.. But his overall play is dire.

you started an argument over a hyperthetical scenario that has no foundation. stepping down a division does not necessarily mean superior quality will shine through. not once did i say Le Fondre was better than Tudgay. useless tw@ts tend to hear what they want to hear...

What's your problem?

I disagreed with you, I didn't 'start an argument' at all.

No, a drop doesn't necessitate that the better player will shine through, but what better way to judge who would be better in a certain league than the quality of the player?

Give over being a knob.

Guest Owl30

Why would Wednesday put bid in for Le Fondre 300K lower than the previous one which was rejected which came from Sflaphorpe ????

It's a silly rumour i reckon..

Guest Owl30

Chris Wood is the man to get hold of, he's a real talent and will do well given a full season to produce the goods.

Guest -_-BobbyOrange-_-

I can see both sides of the debate, but all in all im 110% sure he would be better than some of the poo we have had in the past decade. If we don't get him there is no big loss, we could get players with a better value for money. If we do get him then our opinions should be focused on what he does for us and we should get behind the lad, not comparing him to others.

Guest Owl30

I'd rather save the £200k and invest that on Mellor's wages for 2 years.

Mellor scored most of his goals either against poor sides or in the cup, his goal scoring generally in the league is nothing to write home about, Mackail Smith nearly quadroupled Mellors league tally.

Why would Wednesday put bid in for Le Fondre 300K lower than the previous one which was rejected which came from Sflaphorpe ????

It's a silly rumour i reckon..

Sflaphorpe offered 200k and were told to get lost, we offered 200k (alledgedly) to register an interest, so if anyone offers more the player might think hang let's see wit swfc are going to do

Mellor scored most of his goals either against poor sides or in the cup, his goal scoring generally in the league is nothing to write home about, Mackail Smith nearly quadroupled Mellors league tally.

Mackail Smith is more than quadrouple Mellor's transfer valuation.

Sflaphorpe offered 200k and were told to get lost, we offered 200k (alledgedly) to register an interest, so if anyone offers more the player might think hang let's see wit swfc are going to do

It's also not like he has to move digs too is it. I still think ALF would be a risk... but for me it's one worth trying. Fairly young so lots of room for improvement.

BUT. it's not worth a silly money gamble.

As if they were ever going to accept that offer, surely must be just testing the water with that one.Their Chairman said he wouldn't accept anything less than 500k didn't he? He'd look a bit of a tail if he accepted less from their "rivals".

they`re not our rivals

I thought Scunny put a 500k bid in for Alf ????

Sflaphorpe put a bid reported to be around £200k.

Rotherham rejected it, stating they value him at "above £500k."

:laugh:

Obviously you've never seen him play. He was poo against us.

Yet still scored.

Isn't said about so many good strikers...that they'll do nothing all game, and then score.

MacLean was a striker who didn't really contribute a great deal, but knew where the net was. Kevin Phillips career has been built on that. Gary Lineker was another. Natural goalscorers are rare, very rare. I couldn't care less if Le Fondre doesn't do a thing all season, if he scores 20 goals and fires us to promotion.

However, I've heard conflicting reports. Apparently he works very hard, and his movement, which was evident against us, is very clever. Like I've said previously, I can't make an informed assessment becasue I haven't seen him a great deal (I assume you haven't either). But Megson and his team will have watched him...and if they like him, then what's the problem?