Adam le fondre

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I don't even want the guy but some of these Premier League players we've been linked with might make me change my mind

Aye the likes of Chris Wood and that, rubbish, remind me who he played for last term and where they finished

Guest BirdonaMaguire

To be fair, Cody McDonald looks just as good a bet as Alfie..........either will do

McDonald has actually spent time with a big club though, he'd be a better buy IMHO

im rumbleing sick of people telling mandaric to "splash the cash".

He bought this club when no one but the b**rd wanted it. saved us from bankruptcy. bought over £1m of players in January. Has then paid off a load of the deadwood as well. Is currently working on fixing the club from the bottom up, including fixing our rotting infrastructure.

and, most importantly, is making us a club self sufficient and providing budgets to match.

so roger off with the "pleeeaaaaase milan spend some cash!!" because frankly, hes done enough already. he has a budget, he has a price, and i do not want him to budge from that.

AMEN BROTHER

Appreciate what you're saying........shall we have a whip round?

Actually, I know it's insane.......but maybe Wednesdayite could actually arrange something like that?...........like a fighting fund to get us a striker.

Sounds desperate.....but it could work!............

Everybody put's a small (or large) donation into the fund if they wish to, and who wouldn't spend a fiver or even a tenner if they thought we were bringing in some promising striker or other?

then it gets "gifted" to the club

*cough*

Wednesdayite

Squadbuilder Fund

To assist the improvement and competitiveness of the playing squad at the Club as and when required. This is designed to supplement but definitely not replace the existing playing budget at the Club.

I'm not expecting miracles, or huge transfers being backed by MM, to be fair though, the £500,000 being bandied about as the figure that would probably buy LeFondre isn't a huge amount.

Apart from the catastrophic purchase of Francis Jeffers, which just happens to be one of the worst transfers in our entire history, it is more than we've spent on a single player in 12 (TWELVE) years. And no doubt if we get promoted, next summer you'll be saying that £1.5m isn't a huge amount.

There has to be some realism about our circumstances, the financial position of the chairman, our ability to attract players and the abilities of those in the key positions at the club. I have every faith in Mandaric and Megson to ultimately transform us, but they cannot do it by this time next week. Supporter impatience is understandable but not helpful.

And as for those essentially saying "where's the ambition" I would just like to say...

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

Has that fund ever had enough money in to be used?

All I remember is an incident a few years ago when we couldn't fill the bench for a trip to Southampton and Sturrock had pleaded with the chairman for funding for a loan deal. Allen refused saying we couldn't afford it so Wednesdayite offered something like £10,000. Not wishing to be outdone by his nemesis, Allen suddenly came up with some readies and if I recall correctly it was Lloyd Sam that came in for a few weeks.

Apart from the catastrophic purchase of Francis Jeffers, which just happens to be one of the worst transfers in our entire history, it is more than we've spent on a single player in 12 (TWELVE) years. And no doubt if we get promoted, next summer you'll be saying that £1.5m isn't a huge amount.

There has to be some realism about our circumstances, the financial position of the chairman, our ability to attract players and the abilities of those in the key positions at the club. I have every faith in Mandaric and Megson to ultimately transform us, but they cannot do it by this time next week. Supporter impatience is understandable but not helpful.

And as for those essentially saying "where's the ambition" I would just like to say...

I believe the current vernacular is OHMYFUCKINGGODICANTEVENBELIEVETHATTHATSPROPERMADTHATIS.

Appreciate what you're saying........shall we have a whip round?

Actually, I know it's insane.......but maybe Wednesdayite could actually arrange something like that?...........like a fighting fund to get us a striker.

Sounds desperate.....but it could work!............

Everybody put's a small (or large) donation into the fund if they wish to, and who wouldn't spend a fiver or even a tenner if they thought we were bringing in some promising striker or other?

then it gets "gifted" to the club

I don't think it's a case of Milan can't afford to pay for a striker, I think it's a case of he doesn't want swfc being held over a barrel and rightly so. Can anyone really justify paying 500k for a L2 striker especially in the last year of

his contract. Roverum are trying it on, he wasn't even their best striker last season, Ryan Taylor was

Grimsby Town fans did that in 1995 to sign Ivano Bonetti, raised £50,000 from bucket collections, then in 1996 Brian Laws threw a plate of chicken wings at him, broke his cheekbone and he left on a free transfer at the end of the season...

Guest BirdonaMaguire

All I remember is an incident a few years ago when we couldn't fill the bench for a trip to Southampton and Sturrock had pleaded with the chairman for funding for a loan deal. Allen refused saying we couldn't afford it so Wednesdayite offered something like £10,000. Not wishing to be outdone by his nemesis, Allen suddenly came up with some readies and if I recall correctly it was Lloyd Sam that came in for a few weeks.

Think you're right, although it was a home game v Saints

Close Mr Mortimer but the match was against Plymouth Argyle where we won 2-1 with no strikers and I don't think we filled the bench that day

The next game was a home match against some scumbags from Bellend Road where visiting and that's when we signed Lloyd Sam. Ironically we had no strikers but we went and signed a right winger instead. I think Deon Burton recovered from injury to play in time for our 1-0 defeat

He spent weeks after the Burnley 1-1 draw (where Maclean got injured) that we had no money to get anyone after Sturrock pleaded to help get a striker in. Wednesdayite offered 10k to help fund a loan signing, and i believe old blabbermouth attention seeking look at me Dennis Hobson said he could get one of his contacts in on a short term deal (might be wrong but do remember him saying he could help get someone in). Suddenly money was found and in came Lloyd Sam

This.

Its going to take a few years to turn the ship around, im getting pissed of with the "i want it now" brigade

This.

Its going to take a few years to turn the ship around, im getting pissed of with the "i want it now" brigade

I want it last season, never mind now....but so does every supporter in the country be they Chelsea fans to Colchester followers.

I'm not even going to mention the Toytown player again 'cos even I'm sick of typing it now!

So a player like Al...............sorry, Cody McDonald would give us a real chance of making a proper go of it this season.

Madine's going to be the man this season, I know he has his doubters, but just watch him go, pair him up the the unproven 20 odd goal a season Rotherham player OR Cody Mac and nobody will come near us in league 1

I want it last season, never mind now....but so does every supporter in the country be they Chelsea fans to Colchester followers.

I'm not even going to mention the Toytown player again 'cos even I'm sick of typing it now!

So a player like Al...............sorry, Cody McDonald would give us a real chance of making a proper go of it this season.

Madine's going to be the man this season, I know he has his doubters, but just watch him go, pair him up the the unproven 20 odd goal a season Rotherham player OR Cody Mac and nobody will come near us in league 1

ALF is a bit like you...a legend is his own mind but ignored by everyone else...give it a fookin' rest he aint coming