Bramall Lane Easter 1980

Guest York Owl

Yeah went the game and stood on the shoreham end along with a couple of thousand wednesdayites on the right hand side as you look at it from the other end.

At the time there was fencing about two thirds down from the top segregating this end third. Some of the pigs took offence to us being there and came in from the bottom and were dealt with easily ( we were well up for it ) , most of them weren't interested and even round the back and on shoreham street nothing kicked off surprisingly ;^)

Back in the days of proper football, my dad would never take me to the stain as he said there's no way he'd put money into " that " club lol

I went to one in a pre season friendly cup steel city trophy

or something like that lol

Wot would I search for to get that on YouTube Nick

Edited by Blueblood

I was on the kop that day,there was thousands of owls on it, at least a third , as i remember there was instructions the night before in the Star telling owls fans to stand to the left hand side of the goal.

I clearly remember thousands in the main stand when Curran scored, hand on heart i would say we out numbered them in there own ground that day

This my friend is total rubbish -sorry but kops were not shared.

eh? I must have been dreaming then.

There was little segregation in the 70s and kops were 'shared' all the time.

I remember thousands of blunts on our kop at one particular match in the 70s - might have been the Sheffield cup.

Sunderland and Man U are others that I remember 'shared' in massive numbers.

This my friend is total rubbish -sorry but kops were not shared.

kops were shared in the 60s -70s ,many times i was stood on the shoreham back then and people on here of a certain age will remember the acid throwing in the late 60s (think it was hodgkinson testamonial )

I remember thousands of blunts on our kop at one particular match in the 70s - might have been the Sheffield cup.

There was plenty on the season they were promoted about 1971ish, youve got to remember there wasnt the hatred for each other in those days,believe it or not ive seen them both team up on our kop when there was trouble brewing ,it may seem daft but in those days it was only about 30p to get in so loads went to watch both clubs .i know people will laugh but its true.

Guest SPURTt

Rest assured the blunts never shared our kop. They would quietly come in and stand right at the very top corner out of harms way!!!

How far can you go back ? very few people would be fighting at these matches , most of the so called hard bullys would just chant and push each other .

Back in the days of proper football, my dad would never take me to the stain as he said there's no way he'd put money into " that " club lol

I went to one in a pre season friendly cup steel city trophy

or something like that lol

Wot would I search for to get that on YouTube Nick

Do you mean this one?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest jdowl1

There was the county cup competition in the 70,s, we took the shoreham in a night match ,started on the left side.Once all the lads were in,we surged into the middle section behind the goal with the berties reteating without much opposition.

Round the same time we took,rotherham,donny and chesterfield where we ran across the pitch from the other end.

As always supporters of these clubs would big themselves up,especially the berties,but the Wednesday would put them in there place.

I was present at hillsborough in 1973 at the county cup final. The crowd was 19,000. I was stood on the corner terrace between the north and leppings lane.

There was a mob of blades fans on the kop 'hump' numbering around 150.

I was also present against Sunderland. They had a similar number in the same place. They were chased off at half time. However, Manchester United filled the kop in 1974.

Prior to the boxing day game in 1979, all the blunts I new said they would have at least a 3rd of the kop. Apparently, it was a main chant on the shoreham...they were coming in numbers. There may have been a few on that day but they never made themselves known.

I was present at hillsborough in 1973 at the county cup final. The crowd was 19,000. I was stood on the corner terrace between the north and leppings lane.

There was a mob of blades fans on the kop 'hump' numbering around 150.

I was also present against Sunderland. They had a similar number in the same place. They were chased off at half time. However, Manchester United filled the kop in 1974.

Prior to the boxing day game in 1979, all the blunts I new said they would have at least a 3rd of the kop. Apparently, it was a main chant on the shoreham...they were coming in numbers. There may have been a few on that day but they never made themselves known.

I'm sure there were more than 150 mate. At the match I was at, the police had temporarily cordoned off the whole centre section of the kop and there were plenty of blunts on the other side.

Chased Sunderland off?? Don't remember that!

Anyway, happy days biggrin.gif

There was the county cup competition in the 70,s, we took the shoreham in a night match ,started on the left side.Once all the lads were in,we surged into the middle section behind the goal with the berties reteating without much opposition.

Round the same time we took,rotherham,donny and chesterfield where we ran across the pitch from the other end.

As always supporters of these clubs would big themselves up,especially the berties,but the Wednesday would put them in there place.

I remember that game. I was quite young then, but went on the kop because loads of Wednesdayites were going on. My memory is poo , but I'm pretty sure we won 2-0 as well.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.