Bramall Lane Easter 1980

I'm sure there were more than 150 mate. At the match I was at, the police had temporarily cordoned off the whole centre section of the kop and there were plenty of blunts on the other side.

Chased Sunderland off?? Don't remember that!

Anyway, happy days biggrin.gif

I remember that happening but it was against Nottingham Forest. Forest filled the centre of the kop but were eventually 'pushed' to one side by the late arriving Wednesday mob. At one point, the whole centre section was completely empty with police all around it. Maybe that happened against the blades too but I wasn't there to see it.

The Sunderland mob were chased off. I was in in the lep triangle and remember it vividly.

I remember that happening but it was against Nottingham Forest. Forest filled the centre of the kop but were eventually 'pushed' to one side by the late arriving Wednesday mob. At one point, the whole centre section was completely empty with police all around it. Maybe that happened against the blades too but I wasn't there to see it.

The Sunderland mob were chased off. I was in in the lep triangle and remember it vividly.

you may well be right sir, time plays tricks on the mind laugh.gif

i just remember being shocked at the number of blunt fans at one of the derbies

Guest SPURTt

This my friend is total rubbish -sorry but kops were not shared.

Give over Mr know it all , how old are you ? it may not suit the macho thugs image , but our Kop was shared on many occasions 60s/70s but you are right not one pig as ever been on our Kop fact ...........................[the fact word means it is true ]

Give over Mr know it all , how old are you ? it may not suit the macho thugs image , but our Kop was shared on many occasions 60s/70s but you are right not one pig as ever been on our Kop fact ...........................[the fact word means it is true ]

Sharing the kop to us meant having half the main territory (ie middle) If you didnt have half the middle you didnt share the kop They may have been on and causing bother

I can remember Man Utd 67/68/69 being next to to the middle

Leeds twice in 69,some of the nastiest trouble ever seen at Hillsborough

Birmingham in 72 had a good go

Everton 69/70 stood next to the middle

Man city 69 another nasty day.

But The piggy blunts NEVER came near us

Guest We are Leeds

PS Blunts are a bunch of cowards, more than happy to have a scrap but only if they have more people than the other side. Would surprise me if they ever tried anything at an away game except perhaps in the city centre against Wednesday.

Guest York Owl

The last team to have a go at taking the kop were Millwall in 1975 who in small numbers put up a real scrap before spilling onto the pitch, a few Portsmouth fans stood in the middle for 2 minutes before legging it to the kiddies corner in 1976 and I can remember Chelsea getting a battering around the same time (must have been a cup game).

Guest intercity0wl

The last team to have a go at taking the kop were Millwall in 1975 who in small numbers put up a real scrap before spilling onto the pitch, a few Portsmouth fans stood in the middle for 2 minutes before legging it to the kiddies corner in 1976 and I can remember Chelsea getting a battering around the same time (must have been a cup game).

Seem to remember Wrexham spending the entire game on the kop during their win 3-0 win sometime in the 80s, thy started in the middle but were sheperded to what is now the area tango used to frequent by old bill.

Only remember this as it was my ex spouses first ever game, and she spent 10 minutes at full time arguing with a copper on horse back at the back of the kop after he gave a Wednesdayite, who was amongst a group trying to wish them a afe journey home a little tap of his head with his truncheon.

I also have somewhere a picture from the star with the headline "Boro fans sound retreat" which shows Middlesborough supporters racing over the pitch towards the safety of their own fans on the Leppings at half time, after once against We decided to ask for our Favourite crush barriers back..

Edited by intercity0wl

Apart from the aforementioned Man Utd game the only other time i can recall Hillsborough getting "invaded" was by Villa in the mid seventies.

My memory is a little hazy but as far as i can recall it was a night match and our last home game of the season , and Villa needed to win to secure promotion............................Brian Little tore us to bits and they mullared us 4 - 0 , and their fans seemed to be everywhere , in fact in all my years ive never seen an away support totally dominate things like they did that night.

I was a bit young for most of these games that are talked about, but I remember the Oldham riot, when Terry Curran got sent off ( don't remember the year )

I was only a lad and went on a side terrace behind the dug out, I remember the Wednesday lads chasing the Oldham round the pitch just kicking the fences down as they went I think they chased them all the way round to the Kop before the coppers got a bit of control. I got crushed against a barrier as the Oldham fans dived for cover lol

Bug jack saw I wasn't happy and got a copper to get me and my dad out. We ended up sat in the dug out for the rest of the match with I think it was spider lol

Guest BARK1066

I was on BL end in the corner near john street.great view for currans goal. Remember very clearly approx 1/3rd of kop were wednesday, and they gave the pigs what for !!. :biggrin:

As can be seen n the video clip of the goal celebrations,wednesday fans were right upto and past the dug out on the old john street stand.

Them piggy 2hats have allways talked themselves up,but as allways no substance or balls

I was also on the ShoreHAM at that county cup match mentioned on here,the few pigs that turned up got a few scuffs & run like fornicate. :biggrin: there was around 3500 at that game 80% of which were hardcore owls.

went to a number of these games,another time i stood on away end,and the mighty owls took the kop ,by that i mean the middle after overpowering their crew,they then stayed at the bottom left of the kop too poo poo scared to try & retake their own kop.lobbers!.

Ths is all fact! not utd bullshit!.

Guest jdowl1

Millwall got on the kop early and got chased onto the pitch as a load of us had been summoned from the owl club next to the kop.

They turned round on the half way line and stormed back onto the kop,they briefly shared half of the top section of the kop untill the lads came in from town,we then chased them off again.

Guest BARK1066

Yes i remember this, they came on the kop very early,before any of the wednesday boys,but as numbers grew it started to kick off,they made a run for it down h kop picking up plenty of dock martens up the arse as hey passed :biggrin:

Quite a number of our lads used to gather on the leps,(fat SID & crew) they would then also have a pop!

Grimsby also tried it on round the same period and suffered the same fate.

Does anyone have the full version of the Match of the Day highlights from this game?

The video posted is only the highlights of the game - the full version includes a build up and a flag shown on St. Mary's church (what did it say?) and after match interviews with TC and Tony Kenworthy.

I did have it, but mistakingly wiped it from my DVD collection :(

Please?