Bramall Lane Easter 1980

In 1966 I was 7.

I remember that England won the World Cup.

We lost in the FA Cup final 3-2 to Everton.

We were the first team to get to a final playing every fixture away.

We were the first losing team to do a 'lap of honour'.

My father took me to Hillsborough to cheer the team home. I was on his shoulders.

Don't know anything about egg day.

You tell us all about it. You raised it.

Over 100 posts on this topic, all of you with fantastic memories (except for the one or two Owls who remember the Blades being on the kop)

Your contradictions amaze me.

So not one of you can remember the egg day, but you remember all the others?

Was it a big day in your history?

Guest Big Guns

In 1966 I was 7.

I remember that England won the World Cup.

We lost in the FA Cup final 3-2 to Everton.

We were the first team to get to a final playing every fixture away.

We were the first losing team to do a 'lap of honour'.

My father took me to Hillsborough to cheer the team home. I was on his shoulders.

Don't know anything about egg day.

You tell us all about it. You raised it.

Was it a big day in your history?

the world was a much worse place back then ,cos i wasnt born yet :rolleyes:

It never hapened, how could it have? Blades have never been on the kop at Hillsborough, just an old Blade myth.

Did your father take you down to Bramall Lane after a Cup final defeat/victory?

Or did he just throw eggs on 'egg day'?

I bet that was memorable.

Did your father take you down to Bramall Lane after a Cup final defeat/victory?

Or did he just throw eggs on 'egg day'?

I bet that was memorable.

Your father did'nt take you to Hillsborough on egg day then? Maybe he did, maybe you've just erazed it from your memory, or maybe its just a myth.

Guest Deleted member

I was on the Utd end that day - I think the 1200-1500 claims are probably nearest the truth - I went with my next door neighbour who didn't tell my parents (or me) that we were going on the Utd end - I was 13 at the time.

We even went in their pub (I think its the Sheaf House) before the game - in the snooker room it was full of Wednesday fans and the Utd fans spent most of the time grumbling that we shouldn't be in there but no one did anything about it.

I spent most of the time crapping myself if I'm honest rolleyes.gif

I was on the Utd end that day - I think the 1200-1500 claims are probably nearest the truth - I went with my next door neighbour who didn't tell my parents (or me) that we were going on the Utd end - I was 13 at the time.

We even went in their pub (I think its the Sheaf House) before the game - in the snooker room it was full of Wednesday fans and the Utd fans spent most of the time grumbling that we shouldn't be in there but no one did anything about it.

I spent most of the time crapping myself if I'm honest rolleyes.gif

Did you get the beer in with your paper round money in the Sheaf?

Your father did'nt take you to Hillsborough on egg day then? Maybe he did, maybe you've just erazed it from your memory, or maybe its just a myth.

OK Back in 1966 The porkers came onto the Kop Stood at the very top (as usual) and threw some eggs. What they dont say, is that as those on the kop that day were mates who supported different clubs,they managed to egg their own as well!!!

So Sam Did your lot EVER make any attempt to take the middle??? Man U., Leeds Everton,Man city all tried to, but your claim to fame is you threw some eggs Some of which hit your own supporters.

As one of our much missed lads would say ....... You couldnt make it up with that lot

OK Back in 1966 The porkers came onto the Kop Stood at the very top (as usual) and threw some eggs. What they dont say, is that as those on the kop that day were mates who supported different clubs,they managed to egg their own as well!!!

So Sam Did your lot EVER make any attempt to take the middle??? Man U., Leeds Everton,Man city all tried to, but your claim to fame is you threw some eggs Some of which hit your own supporters.

As one of our much missed lads would say ....... You couldnt make it up with that lot

What you can’t make up is the fact that the vast majority on here claim the Blades have never been on the kop.

According to most of you, the ‘Pigs’ (I have to smile at that one) are a set of wobblers who run a mile when Wednesday are about.

Well over 100 replies to this thread and you’ve all played your part and told your little tales about the routing of the pigs.

You can’t be the only one on here who remembers egg day, but even when you do, you try to twist it, by saying Blades egged their own fans, why would they do that?

If the Blades, as you suggest were up at the very top of the kop, the only way they could have hit their own is if other Blades were stood in the (Invincible) middle, and even the likes of Man U, Everton, Man C, Leeds, ect have never been there.

If the Blades were so poo poo, then why didn’t you go up to the back of the kop and shift them, they were only armed with eggs ffs, not Sub-machine guns.

According to some of the posts, you managed to shift Millwall, Middlesboro, Forest and even the mighty Wrexham, but not Blades.

Maybe you thought some of the eggs were hard-boiled? Now that would have been scary.

Is the humiliation of the greatest wee wee-take ever, too much to take?

Best thing to do, is pretend that it never happened, erase it from your memories, and you’ll sleep easy tonight.

What you can’t make up is the fact that the vast majority on here claim the Blades have never been on the kop.

According to most of you, the ‘Pigs’ (I have to smile at that one) are a set of wobblers who run a mile when Wednesday are about.

Well over 100 replies to this thread and you’ve all played your part and told your little tales about the routing of the pigs.

You can’t be the only one on here who remembers egg day, but even when you do, you try to twist it, by saying Blades egged their own fans, why would they do that?

If the Blades, as you suggest were up at the very top of the kop, the only way they could have hit their own is if other Blades were stood in the (Invincible) middle, and even the likes of Man U, Everton, Man C, Leeds, ect have never been there.

If the Blades were so poo poo, then why didn’t you go up to the back of the kop and shift them, they were only armed with eggs ffs, not Sub-machine guns.

According to some of the posts, you managed to shift Millwall, Middlesboro, Forest and even the mighty Wrexham, but not Blades.

Maybe you thought some of the eggs were hard-boiled? Now that would have been scary.

Best thing to do, is pretend that it never happened, erase it from your memories, and you’ll sleep easy tonight.

Chill out and have an omelette.

the greatest ever wee wee take was the fact that there were 100 of us on your kop ( not hundreds, not thousands ) 100 thats all...for nearly a full season...thats not myth, not fairytale just FACT

the greatest ever wee wee take was the fact that there were 100 of us on your kop ( not hundreds, not thousands ) 100 thats all...for nearly a full season...thats not myth, not fairytale just FACT

Always put FACT in capitals, that means it’s really true.

100 of you on the kop for a full season, what did you reckon to the pies?

You didn’t travel to many away games back in the day then?